Pages:
Author

Topic: NXT 2.0 Ardor No ICO Speculation - Live Now - page 5. (Read 13998 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Thanks you for your help, but that is precisely what Im doing.  Im logging out by clocking that button.  It takes me back to the home screen, but it never prompts me for a passphrase to log back in.  It just says "select account to log in with" and once I click the account, it logs in automatically...no passphrase needed.

Did you tick the checkbox marked "Remember account on this computer" when you created your wallet?

If you ticked that checkbox you will be logged in automatically because your browser remembers your pass phrase.

You can delete your pass phrase from your browser in chrome by clicking "settings", then clicking "Show advanced settings", then clicking the "clear browsing data button".

You can delete your pass phrase from your browser in internet explorer by clicking "tools", then "internet options", then the delete button below browsing history.

After that you will be prompted for your pass phrase to login.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Thanks you for your help, but that is precisely what Im doing.  Im logging out by clocking that button.  It takes me back to the home screen, but it never prompts me for a passphrase to log back in.  It just says "select account to log in with" and once I click the account, it logs in automatically...no passphrase needed.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
How do you lock the NXT 1.9.2 client?  I want to make sure I wrote down my passphrase correctly before I fund it.  I can't find a way to lock it to prompt the passphrase entry....Thanks!

Do you mean you don't know how to log out of the NXT 1.9.2 client?

You log out by clicking the icon at the top right of the wallet above where it says NRS Version 1.9.2 in this screenshot.

After you have logged out it will prompt for pass phrase entry.

After you are sure you have your pass phrase saved correctly you can fund it and see how many free Ardor coins you are getting for your nxt coins for the three months of snapshots.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
How do you lock the NXT 1.9.2 client?  I want to make sure I wrote down my passphrase correctly before I fund it.  I can't find a way to lock it to prompt the passphrase entry....Thanks!

Use the client to make a good unhackable passphrase, write it down.
Log in to the client again with the same passphrase. Still see the same NXT address? You are good to go.
How do you lock the NXT 1.9.2 client?  I want to make sure I wrote down my passphrase correctly before I fund it.  I can't find a way to lock it to prompt the passphrase entry....Thanks!
Activity: 246
NXT has had a huge long dip for many months.
If smart ones are waiting for a dip, they should think about who will be the sellers? The sellers have already dropped their coins in those months and months of depressed prices.

The price doesn't want to go back below 3000 sats since Ardor was announced, and it keeps pushing upwards. This is the dip and buyers waiting for a lower one are wasting their time. The price will only rise over the next week towards the start of snapshotting. Anyone who wants Ardor should buy nxt now.
NXT has had a huge long dip for many months.
If smart ones are waiting for a dip, they should think about who will be the sellers? The sellers have already dropped their coins in those months and months of depressed prices.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
9 days to snapshots.

There will be masses of last minute buyers in 9 days when the snapshots start.

The traders saying is buy the dips, and this is the lowest dip NXT will have before the snapshots start.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
9 days to snapshots.

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
9 days to snapshots.

9 days to snapshots.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
What "account" are you referring to where I should store them?

Your NXT account or wallet, the simplest way to create one is to go to the 'web' wallet link in my signature.

Keep them in your NXT account or wallet for three months to get one Ardor for one NXT. If you move them before that you get less NXT. For example, if you move them out of your wallet in one and a half months you get half an Ardor for one NXT. Put all your coins in your wallet and don't move them for three months and you get the maximum Ardor you can get for them.

In the new Nxt Client (1.9.2) you can see how much Ardor you are getting realtime.

Activity: 595
Merit: 101
Chromia - Relational Blockchain

Your NXT account or wallet, the simplest way to create one is to go to the 'web' wallet link in my signature.

Keep them in your NXT account or wallet for three months to get one Ardor for one NXT. If you move them before that you get less NXT. For example, if you move them out of your wallet in one and a half months you get half an Ardor for one NXT. Put all your coins in your wallet and don't move them for three months and you get the maximum Ardor you can get for them.

I'm holding a decent amount of NXT tokens.  What do I need to do to participate in this "snapshot"?  Where do I find information on converting these to Ardor tokens?

Absolutely nothing, hold them, they will be automatically converted. It's preferred that you store your tokens in your account, not at an exchange. Exchange is a risk, while the Nxt platform will convert tokens, the exchange still needs to give them to you. Some exchanges default on their obligations, Mt.Gox, Cryptsy.

Also, based on the "sell the news" philosophy which seems to be the case almost 100% of the time, would it not be better to sell the NXT tokens on the exchange before the Ardor release, then just buy Ardor after the dump?

What date is the Ardor dump? Smiley

Activity: 385
I watched one guy buy 14 btc worth from 3200 to 3400 range in one chunk last night.
Activity: 595
Merit: 101
Chromia - Relational Blockchain
10 days countdown till snapshots begin.

The price rises on the last day before the snapshots begin will be interesting.  All the last minute buyers who were waiting for a lower buy in point will wish they had bought in today. There's not much chance of a lower buy in point than today's price.
10 days countdown till snapshots begin.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
The second snapshot for the child chain token is at the release of the NXT 2.0 hardfork.
Activity: 35
I watched the whole interview of baas on youtube and there is an unclear point. After the ardor distribution , when will the snapshoting for the fnx begin? I mean someone may sell his nxt 1.0 after or before the october distribution , when do they have to buy them back? Guess I am right that there will it be two different snapshoting periods.

As for the whole price thing I expect a peak of nxt 1.0 the last week before the ardor distribution and then a big dump during the whole time until mid summer 2017, from there the price will start to build up again. Hopefully after the nxt 2.0 distribution there will be switch in the prices between nxt1 and nxt2, so that no one loses anything.
Pages:
Jump to: