Pages:
Author

Topic: NXT 2.0 Ardor No ICO Speculation - Live Now - page 6. (Read 13998 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Also, based on the "sell the news" philosophy which seems to be the case almost 100% of the time, would it not be better to sell the NXT tokens on the exchange before the Ardor release, then just buy Ardor after the dump?

Don't forget that in 2017 there will be also the FNX distribution, that is a single snapshot where your NXT holdings will give you the right to claim FNX tokens in a 1:0:5 ratio.

It's true that it can be expected that we will see two local highs in the NXT price in the following year: one near the end (but not directly at the end, I expect it about a week early) of the ARDR snapshot phase, and the other one just before the FNX distribution. You can try to ride that waves. But it may be well the case if the testnet deployment of NXT 2.0 goes well, that there will be a high demand for FNX tokens as it will be the main currency for the asset exchange and regular transactions, and that so NXT may have a even higher price in 2017 than in the 2016 snapshot top.

NXT 2.0 is a bold statement in the cryptocurrency world because of its design that favours scalability (along with IOTA) and makes it work as a platform for a really useful "monetary system" (childchains). If it is successful, it may be a major breakthrough for blockchain technology.

Riding potential NXT price waves between the ARDR snapshot phase and the FNX distribution is too risky. NXT will stay in the top ten or the top five in that timespan. The massive price gains will be between now and the ARDR snapshot phase. After that any potential NXT price waves will be unlikely.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Also, based on the "sell the news" philosophy which seems to be the case almost 100% of the time, would it not be better to sell the NXT tokens on the exchange before the Ardor release, then just buy Ardor after the dump?

Don't forget that in 2017 there will be also the FNX distribution, that is a single snapshot where your NXT holdings will give you the right to claim FNX tokens in a 1:0:5 ratio.

It's true that it can be expected that we will see two local highs in the NXT price in the following year: one near the end (but not directly at the end, I expect it about a week early) of the ARDR snapshot phase, and the other one just before the FNX distribution. You can try to ride that waves. But it may be well the case if the testnet deployment of NXT 2.0 goes well, that there will be a high demand for FNX tokens as it will be the main currency for the asset exchange and regular transactions, and that so NXT may have a even higher price in 2017 than in the 2016 snapshot top.

NXT 2.0 is a bold statement in the cryptocurrency world because of its design that favours scalability (along with IOTA) and makes it work as a platform for a really useful "monetary system" (childchains). If it is successful, it may be a major breakthrough for blockchain technology.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I'm holding a decent amount of NXT tokens.  What do I need to do to participate in this "snapshot"?  Where do I find information on converting these to Ardor tokens?

Absolutely nothing, hold them, they will be automatically converted. It's preferred that you store your tokens in your account, not at an exchange. Exchange is a risk, while the Nxt platform will convert tokens, the exchange still needs to give them to you. Some exchanges default on their obligations, Mt.Gox, Cryptsy.

What date is the Ardor dump? Smiley
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I'm holding a decent amount of NXT tokens.  What do I need to do to participate in this "snapshot"?  Where do I find information on converting these to Ardor tokens?

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
I agree that NXT 1.0 will fall to a very low value after the FNX snapshot and the NXT 2.0 launch in 2017 if there is no other development team for the old chain showing up. But that would be no drama because NXT 1.0 holders would also get ARDR and even 2017 buyers would get FNX (the most important child chain token).

What will happen then to NXT 1.0? The value of a currency (crypto or not) depends mostly on its use. If there are things to buy for it, then it will have a value. So if NXT 1.0 at some moment is used only for speculation, then it will exit the top 50 cryptocurrencies. I think it would stay inside the top 100 for a while because if it falls very low there will be a smart "dev" buying millions of NXT and promote the chain again ("Oldest 2.0 coin" or something like this, and in these pumps it can even enter the top 30 group, like Feathercoin now Wink ) as we have seen dozens of times with "near-dead" altcoins.

So the answer is: It depends. If NXT 1.0 finds a new use case for which NXT 2.0 is not suited well enough, then it will survive in the top cryptocurrency group. If nobody cares about it, it will go to the same level than the actual bottom >500 altcoins and the speculators will use it for their pump-and-dump games.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

But all NXT1.0 owners will get NXT2.0 for nothing but keeping NXT1.0 coins in their wallets until October. They will get both coins without having to pay for NXT2.0.

Even if the price is shared between the two coins nobody loses because they only have to pay for NXT1.0. The new technology in NXT2.0 will give it a higher price than NXT1.0 ever had.

Not really it goes that way. 50% of all goes to devs for promotion ext. so you loose 50% of value. THere is no sence to have both NXT2.0 amd NXT1.0(that one devs will leave... ) and that coion will drop like rock, so output will be 50% less coins at end with NXT2.0 for public in hands of devs. This is not win win action.
I just see that some devs need cash to develo[ping coin it can fail as usual or not.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100

Price will be shared between NXT1.0 and NXT2.0 while you still have both on market.

But all NXT1.0 owners will get NXT2.0 for nothing but keeping NXT1.0 coins in their wallets until October. They will get both coins without having to pay for NXT2.0.

Even if the price is shared between the two coins nobody loses because they only have to pay for NXT1.0. The new technology in NXT2.0 will give it a higher price than NXT1.0 ever had.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
One thing worry me with nxt2.0 that when founds 50% of all goes to devs Smiley they will probably make nxt3.0.
When i watch bitshares it has simillar attidiute.
At end counts what they deliver but in long run that all be some fail.
Price will be shared between NXT1.0 and NXT2.0 while you still have both on market.
BVut probably people will make money on NXT2.0 becouse devs are proven and noone like work for free Smiley.
Just we need sell before fouds are empty Cheesy and nxt 3.0 go online
Activity: 65
I believe NXT has all it need to surpass its ATH. In any case, there is a great future ahead for NXT 2.0.

I speculate that nxt might surpass its ATH by the middle of the month when the snapshots start. Buyers are starting to move the price up again, and by the middle of the month sellers will be drying up. Sellers after that will lose their chance to get nxt 2.0 ardor, and most of them won't want to miss out.
nice info,,,thanks for information
There is an investor's q&a with TaiZen and Damelon on saturday 16:00 CEST:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfNSWu7_AqU&sns=em

Reminder: it's today, about 2 hours left!

Join Tai Zen & Leon Fu Dot Com (The Oracles Of Cryptocurrency) for an investor Q&A about the upcoming release of NXT 2.0 & Ardor:

Special Guests Will Include:
1) Shaka Daniel - Bitcoin Miner/Investor & Crypto vlogger from the YouTube Channel, "Chase That Coin"
2) Bas Wisselink "Damelon" - NXT Foundation Co-Founder
3)

Date & Time: Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 10am EST, 2pm GMT.

15 min to launch.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

Reminder: it's today, about 2 hours left!

Join Tai Zen & Leon Fu Dot Com (The Oracles Of Cryptocurrency) for an investor Q&A about the upcoming release of NXT 2.0 & Ardor:

Special Guests Will Include:
1) Shaka Daniel - Bitcoin Miner/Investor & Crypto vlogger from the YouTube Channel, "Chase That Coin"
2) Bas Wisselink "Damelon" - NXT Foundation Co-Founder
3)

Date & Time: Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 10am EST, 2pm GMT.
Activity: 77
I'd like to hear more of your predictions. I'm somewhat confident I low balled my month prediction since it already broke it. Smiley

Who can knows what will really happen? I usually look at facts. My prediction is that if speculation currently rules crypto, sky's the limit  Smiley... There is much more money in alts now than 2 years ago. So Nxt could really skyrocket imho!

nxt has been a scam since it started, this is just another way to pump and dump it. You and I both know this.

Scam this, scam that. I forget everything is a scam here, NXT will never please that type of person.  I didn't like the fact the original ICO deadline was modified with the original NXT launch, I can nit pick any of my investments. NXT 2 addresses one of my number one issues with distribution.  If you choose not to get in before snapshots take place weeks from now, I don't know what else to say. I like the idea and support it.  I rather see more approaches like this than the amount of ICOs that are bombarding BTT.

NXT 2.0 Ardor is the fairest way to distribute coins I am aware of. Anyone can buy Nxt, wait for the snapshots to start weeks from now, and hold for three months of snapshots. They get NXT 2.0 Ardor for the length of time they hold and the number of Nxt they bought.

If they change their minds they can sell their Nxt, and still be paid some NXT 2.0 Ardor for the time they held for.

If it was an ICO all investors money would be locked into the ICO for months, there would be no opportunities for second thoughts and claiming their money back.

If it was distributed by mining a few whale miners who owned ASICs would get all the coins and dump them on the market.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
Activity: 448
I'd like to hear more of your predictions. I'm somewhat confident I low balled my month prediction since it already broke it. Smiley

Who can knows what will really happen? I usually look at facts. My prediction is that if speculation currently rules crypto, sky's the limit  Smiley... There is much more money in alts now than 2 years ago. So Nxt could really skyrocket imho!

nxt has been a scam since it started, this is just another way to pump and dump it. You and I both know this.

Scam this, scam that. I forget everything is a scam here, NXT will never please that type of person.  I didn't like the fact the original ICO deadline was modified with the original NXT launch, I can nit pick any of my investments. NXT 2 addresses one of my number one issues with distribution.  If you choose not to get in before snapshots take place weeks from now, I don't know what else to say. I like the idea and support it.  I rather see more approaches like this than the amount of ICOs that are bombarding BTT.
Activity: 434

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
A bounty of 130k Dollar at this price atm., nice move, to push the new coin  Smiley and the price of NXT.

My prediction is 16k sat. (100 mill. mcap) in the next 4 weeks.
Activity: 330
I guess this is the next big ICO sort of. Clever use of an existing coin and forcing everyone to hold onto it for 2 months before issuing the new one. So does this mean everyone dumps NXT for Ardor coins when thats released? This would really get a wider distribution having that nxt been around for 2+ years.
No one is forced to keep the coin

That's exactly it. The snapshots are frequent, it doesn't stop anyone for trading during that time. I will hold a majority in my wallet and using the rest to day trade for awhile. I also think I remember reading that NXT will contact exchanges to encourage them to honor snapshots.
They have been contacted regarding this.
No official answer yet though.
Pages:
Jump to: