Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 219. (Read 941261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
Does NXT already have a hardware based wallet available? If not, would the community be interested in one?

It would be much like a rasberry pi wallet kind of device, except on a more robust odroid board.

Since NXT is a web based wallet, it would be accessible via this device if you plugged a monitor/mouse/keyboard into it, as well as would be accessible to any other computer you have on the LAN of the device.

I can whip up more documentation as necessary, but am trying to gauge the interest before investing the time it would take to get a standard img ready.

Yes, I'm currently using jnxt.org/vapor
Downloaded the html to my raspi, done.
Now I have a cold hardware wallet

edit: blackyblack1 is working on making a trezor that works with Nxt.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Does NXT already have a hardware based wallet available? If not, would the community be interested in one?

It would be much like a rasberry pi wallet kind of device, except on a more robust odroid board.

Since NXT is a web based wallet, it would be accessible via this device if you plugged a monitor/mouse/keyboard into it, as well as would be accessible to any other computer you have on the LAN of the device.

I can whip up more documentation as necessary, but am trying to gauge the interest before investing the time it would take to get a standard img ready.

I thought there was already one
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
After sending 98 NXT to my account I tried to update the account with a name, however the system would not accept my passphrase  as it turns out somehow I was using the wrong account.    I apparently was logged into this account first: NXT-UKHZ-LNEB-2F3K-3ELSH and sent funds there.  After I logged out, I was logged back into this account: NXT-N74K-UZXT-RWU2-C6KSX   (no money)

Do I have two accounts on my computer, did I somehow send fund to my testnet wallet?  What could have happened?

Is there a way that I could change my Pass Phrase?

What wallet are yo uusing?

Your password is your nxt account. Use the same password, and you will login to the same account.
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
After sending 98 NXT to my account I tried to update the account with a name, however the system would not accept my passphrase  as it turns out somehow I was using the wrong account.    I apparently was logged into this account first: NXT-UKHZ-LNEB-2F3K-3ELSH and sent funds there.  After I logged out, I was logged back into this account: NXT-N74K-UZXT-RWU2-C6KSX   (no money)

Do I have two accounts on my computer, did I somehow send fund to my testnet wallet?  What could have happened?

Is there a way that I could change my Pass Phrase?
Activity: 492

Yes, here's a public node that's running testnet: http://jnxt.org:6876/

I'm in, thanks everyone ...

what does this mean: "The testnet peer port is 6874, the peer is working offline."?

I have no idea.   Smiley It probably means it's not connected to any peers but from what I see demo works as it should.

I could not do any transactions because there were no dummie funds in the account.  The site said that if there were no funds in the account to try another, so I tried another and another all to no avail. 3 up and down nothing workable.   

Just click again start demo. I did it few times and got 25k demo nxt.

Someone is stealing them it seems lol  Huh

what does this mean: "The testnet peer port is 6874, the peer is working offline."?

I have no idea.   Smiley It probably means it's not connected to any peers but from what I see demo works as it should.

I could not do any transactions because there were no dummie funds in the account.  The site said that if there were no funds in the account to try another, so I tried another and another all to no avail. 3 up and down nothing workable.   

Activity: 574
Come-from-Beyond has an announcement brewing...

Code:
1557d4fdfc59fc42f44fb83e6bd65e8fed75dfe8b8dfd4339b597eef657d9b1f

I'll reveal the text (its hash is above) after my bitcoinpaul count exceeds applauds.

In 21 days it will become irrelevant, so I add a deadline on 1st of April.

PS: If those 4 persons who already gave me 4 bitcoinpauls are not satisfied with the altered version of the agreement then they can contact me via PM and I'll refund the bitcoinpauls back to them.
Sorry for the confusion  Smiley
Just do it like valarmg suggested:

Open up your favorite text editor
write only this:  nxt.isTestnet=true
Save it with the name "nxt.properties" in the conf folder
done

Thanks, but now my computer is telling me I "don't have permission to save in this location" to contact administrator.  
any thoughts.  

Again, I know all of this is simple to you guys, but it is brand new to me, so I really appreciate you helping me with this.

If you're on Windows. Go to start menu and find Notepad (on 7 should be in Accessories). Right click on Notepad and "open as administrator". Then you will be able to save to that folder.

Thanks for that, it accepted.  

The file name is NXT, I supposed   "nxt.properties" somehow translates to "nxt"

I'd like to issue an asset but before doing the real thing, I was wondering if you had a "test net" type of thing I could use to practice on?

Sorry for the confusion  Smiley

write only this:  nxt.isTestnet=true
done

Thanks, but now my computer is telling me I "don't have permission to save in this location" to contact administrator. 
any thoughts. 

Again, I know all of this is simple to you guys, but it is brand new to me, so I really appreciate you helping me with this.

If you're on Windows. Go to start menu and find Notepad (on 7 should be in Accessories). Right click on Notepad and "open as administrator". Then you will be able to save to that folder.

done

any thoughts. 

legendary

done

Your main nxt folder contains a "conf" folder. In there you will find the nxt-default.properties file.
Open it with a Text Editor.
This line: nxt.isTestnet=false
Change it to true
save the file with the name nxt.properties (so that it won't get overwritten after an update)

When I was doing it up popped:

# Do not modify this file. Instead, create a nxt.properties file with only the properties
# you need to change, and set them there. The values in nxt.properties override those in
# nxt-default.properties.

I guess that is saying the same thing as:

Better just go to the conf folder, create a new text file, call it nxt.properties, (no .txt at end). Add a line to that file: "nxt.isTestnet=true", then run Nxt and go to http://localhost:6876/

(The problem with copying the whole file is you are defaulting parameters that might not be defaulted an upcoming release, thus causing problems down the line[many people have had issues with this]. nxt.properties should only contain lines where you are deliberately making changes to the configuration.)

When you say: "create a new text file" then: "add a line" it sounds like you want me to copy a file to change is that what I should do?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Your main nxt folder contains a "conf" folder. In there you will find the nxt-default.properties file.
Change it to true
save the file with the name nxt.properties (so that it won't get overwritten after an update)

Better just go to the conf folder, create a new text file, call it nxt.properties, (no .txt at end). Add a line to that file: "nxt.isTestnet=true", then run Nxt and go to http://localhost:6876/

(The problem with copying the whole file is you are defaulting parameters that might not be defaulted an upcoming release, thus causing problems down the line[many people have had issues with this]. nxt.properties should only contain lines where you are deliberately making changes to the configuration.)
legendary
I'd like to issue an asset but before doing the real thing, I was wondering if you had a "test net" type of thing I could use to practice on?

If you use the original client you can also set it to testnet yourself by changing the conf/nxt-default.properties file and change this line: nxt.isTestnet=false to nxt.isTestnet=true.

If you use the original client you can also set it to testnet yourself by changing the conf/nxt-default.properties file and change this line: nxt.isTestnet=false to nxt.isTestnet=true.

Better to create a conf/nxt.properties files and set nxt.isTestnet=true to overwrite defaults. (nxt-default.properties can get overwritten by an update, so nxt.properties can store all user configurations.)

Whoa, as easy as this may be to you guys this is looking like it is flying over my head -- any instructions on how to do the above would be greatly appreciated.

Change it to true

Go here to ask for testnxt
https://nxtforum.org/testnet/some-testnxt-to-test-asset-exchange/

Better to create a conf/nxt.properties files and set nxt.isTestnet=true to overwrite defaults. (nxt-default.properties can get overwritten by an update, so nxt.properties can store all user configurations.)

Whoa, as easy as this may be to you guys this is looking like it is flying over my head -- any instructions on how to do the above would be greatly appreciated.
Activity: 237

m19
Activity: 186

Jump to: