Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 221. (Read 941261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

Wow .... nice update ! Nxt has brilliant devs ...

i don´t agree, devs of nxt is bunch of idiots

How did you come to this conclusion?
Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Wow .... nice update ! Nxt has brilliant devs ...

i don´t agree, devs of nxt is bunch of idiots
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Out of interest, would anyone be interested in using a Trezor for Nxt to increase their security?
Is it possible?

Seems to look like it will be

Finally trezor bridge is working. Now I can interface to Trezor device from JS code.

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/coming-soon-trezor-for-nxt/
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Out of interest, would anyone be interested in using a Trezor for Nxt to increase their security?
Is it possible?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
Meh....I like the little black window.
But it totally freaks out some non-nerd people, so it has to be kicked out if we want user-friendly NXT
I think the mainstream now makes the association of command line = evil hackerz automatically.

I can confirm this.

MS Dos screen or whatever it is called is very intimidating for me.

then use NXT solaris Wink
legendary
Activity: 1205
Help support Nxt Academy and join the fundraising (decentralized fundraising happening here!!):

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-academy-fundraising-via-ms-proposal-let/

This would be great for NXT!

BUMP! Please support Nxt Academy!
Activity: 560
But it totally freaks out some non-nerd people, so it has to be kicked out if we want user-friendly NXT
I think the mainstream now makes the association of command line = evil hackerz automatically.

I can confirm this.

MS Dos screen or whatever it is called is very intimidating for me.

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
Not the girst version of 1.5 but one of the updates will have the installer integrated into the core. No more little black window Cry
legendary
Activity: 1205
Help support Nxt Academy and join the fundraising (decentralized fundraising happening here!!):

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-academy-fundraising-via-ms-proposal-let/

This would be great for NXT!
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
-make sure you have the correct version
- make sure the db is in the same file structure (nxt-default.properties will tell you)
- make sure properties points to the file (again) Smiley

I've never tried this service or on windows, but I've heard this works somehow.

What version of client are you running?

If you have just upgraded to 1.4 .16, you have to delete the 'lib' folder too.

But it sounds like you might be using the installer version of Nxt rather than NRS?

Thanks for the responses. It turns out I was running the wrong version!! I was running the installer version when I should have been using the NRS. I just downloaded the NRS and it seems to be working now and the blockchain file I downloaded is now recognized although strangely, 1.4.16 didn't work once the lib folder was deleted so I kept it. The NRS doesn't slow down my computer as much as the installer version too which is good to see although I'm not sure why this is the case.

EDIT: I decided to switch to version 1.4.15 of the NRS instead but everything else is still the same. Smiley

Right, when it was said to "delete the lib folder" it means the lib folder of your current version not the new version.

I always do this. I get the updated version. I delete all the files/folders in my Nxt folder except for the Nxt_db folder, then I copy the new version into the Nxt folder. This way if files are delete/changed I am guaranteed to be running all the newest files.

Shouldn't all of this, ALL OF THIS, be done by the client on "run" automatically? What kind of tech requires this kind of pre-diluvian actions? Come on!

Truer words were never spoken.

That's why there is an installer. https://nxtforum.org/alternative-clients/(windows)-nrs-installer
It's not official yet because it need lot of testing done. But it shouldn't take long
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
- make sure the db is in the same file structure (nxt-default.properties will tell you)

But it sounds like you might be using the installer version of Nxt rather than NRS?

Thanks for the responses. It turns out I was running the wrong version!! I was running the installer version when I should have been using the NRS. I just downloaded the NRS and it seems to be working now and the blockchain file I downloaded is now recognized although strangely, 1.4.16 didn't work once the lib folder was deleted so I kept it. The NRS doesn't slow down my computer as much as the installer version too which is good to see although I'm not sure why this is the case.

EDIT: I decided to switch to version 1.4.15 of the NRS instead but everything else is still the same. Smiley

Right, when it was said to "delete the lib folder" it means the lib folder of your current version not the new version.

I always do this. I get the updated version. I delete all the files/folders in my Nxt folder except for the Nxt_db folder, then I copy the new version into the Nxt folder. This way if files are delete/changed I am guaranteed to be running all the newest files.

Shouldn't all of this, ALL OF THIS, be done by the client on "run" automatically? What kind of tech requires this kind of pre-diluvian actions? Come on!

Truer words were never spoken.
legendary
Activity: 1162

Jump to: