Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 397. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Thank you, that's very interesting! Can you tell me a serious VPS provider?

Really hard to choose someone in particular,

here is a useful link for you, both linux and windows VPSs:

www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Cheap VPS?

sorry for my ignorance

Yes, you will need a host that will run your NXT software instead of your own computer. VPS is a virtual private server, they can be rented for $5-10/month, and you can run NXT on it and access it with a browser from anywhere in the world.

A lot of people use Amazon I think.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Cheap VPS?

sorry for my ignorance

Yes, you will need a host that will run your NXT software instead of your own computer. VPS is a virtual private server, they can be rented for $5-10/month, and you can run NXT on it and access it with a browser from anywhere in the world.

Cheap VPS?

sorry for my ignorance

But if you don't want to go thru all that hassle, really just lease your balance to a forging pool, and the pool will do the forging and send you your forged shares.
Thank you for all the replys!

at work I can not install the next client! Is there a possibility for forging anyway? Online Wallet?

It's a little more complicated but doable in a safe way.

Here is how you can do it safely:

Suppose you have all your NXTs in account A.
Create an account B.
Send 2-3 NXTs from account A to account B.
Get yourself a cheap VPS.
Install NXT on this VPS and run it with a SSL option.
From your home PC lease forging balance from account A to account B.
Log in to your NXT running on a VPS over https:// with the password from account B.
Then simply close the browser, it will keep forging with your leased balance from account A.
That way you don't need to send your password from account A over internet, even though it's a SSL connection and should be ok.

Or better do what achimsmile said above, it's easier that way Smiley

Cheap VPS?

sorry for my ignorance
Sorry  5,1 NXT per block  Huh Huh

When there are more transactions in the network and 1 NXT costs more, it might be profitable. Under 2 conditions: 1) you buy as many cheap NXTs now as you can to increase your chances; 2) you keep your NXT running and forging. Think of investing into NXT as buying hardware for Bitcoin mining if you like Smiley Even if you don't buy many NXTs, you still can get lucky, you don't need to run anything else, but your computer, which you run anyway. All you need is a browser. When you switch it off, you switch it off, when you switch it on, start forging and maybe you get lucky. You can also lease your NXTs to a pool and get steady little profits.

at work I can not install the next client! Is there a possibility for forging anyway? Online Wallet?

The only online wallet currently available doesn't currently support forging.

Can you not just leave your wallet open and running on your home machine?

no, I can not install any programs! Is there any possibility?

It's a little more complicated but doable in a safe way.

Here is how you can do it safely:

Suppose you have all your NXTs in account A.
Create an account B.
Send 2-3 NXTs from account A to account B.
Get yourself a cheap VPS.
Install NXT on this VPS and run it with a SSL option.
From your home PC lease forging balance from account A to account B.
Log in to your NXT running on a VPS over https:// with the password from account B.
Then simply close the browser, it will keep forging with your leased balance from account A.
That way you don't need to send your password from account A over internet, even though it's a SSL connection and should be ok.

Or better do what achimsmile said above, it's easier that way Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
Sorry  5,1 NXT per block  Huh Huh

When there are more transactions in the network and 1 NXT costs more, it might be profitable. Under 2 conditions: 1) you buy as many cheap NXTs now as you can to increase your chances; 2) you keep your NXT running and forging. Think of investing into NXT as buying hardware for Bitcoin mining if you like Smiley Even if you don't buy many NXTs, you still can get lucky, you don't need to run anything else, but your computer, which you run anyway. All you need is a browser. When you switch it off, you switch it off, when you switch it on, start forging and maybe you get lucky. You can also lease your NXTs to a pool and get steady little profits.

Yes, there's something called leased forging. You can lease your account balance to a forging pool for a fixed period of  time, and get a share of the pools earnings.

The pool can't do anything with your funds, they're still safe.

Take for example this pool: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxtcrypto-org-leased-forging-pool-only-fees-are-1nxt-to-withdraw/
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

The only online wallet currently available doesn't currently support forging.

Can you not just leave your wallet open and running on your home machine?

Thank you for all the replies!

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
5,1 average fee per block

Stop thinking forging will make you rich

I have heard that some blocks included 5000 NXT! Is that wrong?

That's why I said on AVERAGE

some will have 1000 nxt from a new asset, but a lot of blocks also have 0 fees.

Keep in mind for every block forged you get a Security Coin (NSC) worth 11 NXT

NSC are paid out on a weekly basis
Trphy.io

Actually it is 5,43 NXT fee per block on average

I have heard that some blocks included 5000 NXT! Is that wrong?

legendary
Think of it like a lottery. Each block is a win. Each time there's a small chance that you are the generator of the block, IF your client is connected to the network.

When you turn your pc off, you won't generate any blocks, as soon as you turn it on again, you'll have the same chance to forge the next block as before.

Most blocks contain 0-10 Nxt.
Trphy.io

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
We want translate video( Asset Exchange and  Nxt. Evolution of money) for russian speaking people. Need 10 000NXT to this account NXT-HFCH-XE2Z-2QHR-AD57Z. We collected 7549NXT. Message in russian thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7033295
Best regards.

sent remaining 2,4k from the small-funds Smiley
how long it takes approx with 50k NXT to find a block?  Huh
i would like to know this to. pls some1 enlighten us

About once a week or a little less.
Please keep in mind that forging won't make anyone rich, it's for protecting the network.

Do I have to keep the pc always running, or can I also turn it off, and then continue where I left off?

how big can be the block approx? between 500 - 4000 NXT?

Thanks for the answer
legendary
how long it takes approx with 50k NXT to find a block?  Huh
i would like to know this to. pls some1 enlighten us

About once a week or a little less.
Please keep in mind that forging won't make anyone rich, it's for protecting the network.
Jump to: