Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Community nominations to the funding comittee - page 10. (Read 9889 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I thought of 5 people. But we can vote on that Wink
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Good list.

Should we also vote on the number of people in the committee?

What do you think 7 or 9 ? we would also need some alternates.

I would say seven.
That means less talk and more action.
All on the list are trusted. As a committee they'd balance each other anyway.
If they can't decide thén they go back to the community, but only as a total last resort.

I also would prefer if they weren't under a constant need to justify their expenses in the short term.
Most of the things they need to do is long term, so let's give them trust and take a longer view than the one, two week one that has sometimes been seen.  Smiley

Activity: 602
Merit: 268
Internet of Value
Good list.

What do you think 7 or 9 ? we would also need some alternates.
Activity: 910
Good list.

legendary
Activity: 2184
Pouncer

7-9 people MAX.

FINAL OPEN POLL TO PICK MEMBERS WILL TAKE PLACE ON NEXTCOIN.ORG & NXTCRYPTO.ORG.

YOU CAN SIGNUP ON EITHER NEXTCOIN or NXTCRYPTO before the poll start date BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE POSTED ON THE NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information THREAD BEFORE FEBRUARY 2nd.2014

And the account name must be the same.....if someone has squatted on your name then pls get in touch with the ADMIN.

THE NAME MUST BE THE EXACT SAME TO QUALIFY.
Activity: 602
Merit: 268
Internet of Value
This is the third thread on the issue of making decisions regarding NXT common fund following the first poll on the decision to form a funding committee to control the NXT common fund of unclaimed coin here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/decisions-on-9-million-common-fund-418695 and the second poll on the basic working principle of the funding committee here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-voting-on-the-scope-of-authority-of-the-funding-committee-423241

At this point, I think it is time to start the nomination process for the funding committee working on basics of the principle lay out in the second poll.

Disclaimer: I have been suggested to be in the committee before but at this point I would respectably decline that honor due to other personal commitment.

I suppose that if any nomination have a reason that he/ she can't be involved in the committee would also publicly decline that honor. After all the the nominations are collected, we can move to the next step of the actual voting for members on the committee. This could be discussed in details later but I hope no one objects a simple process of writing down the nominations if you want to be in the funding committee in this thread. Voting later could be for 5-9 committee members and 2-3 alternates.      

I would start by the nomination process by listing here some of my favorite people and also some people who have been suggested before, not in particular order. All nicks are bitcointalk accounts unless specified otherwise. Let's the thread run for at least a few days.

- come_from_beyond : decline
- Jean_Luc
- Joefox
- rickyjames
- salsacz-
- Nifty    (nextcoin forum)
- Anon136
- Klee
- opticalcarrier
- msin
- pinarello
Pages: