Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Community nominations to the funding comittee - page 4. (Read 9889 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
So, have we chosen 3 keepers? If yes, then I'm waiting when they post Nxt accounts.

Waiting for 2 more.
This is my current address - should I use a new one?

Yes
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
So, have we chosen 3 keepers? If yes, then I'm waiting when they post Nxt accounts.

Waiting for 2 more.

I think you should. Easy accounting & better transparency.

Waiting for 2 more.

Preparing account. Will post later...

Fund: Unclaimed Community Fund (Tech)
Treasurer: Pouncer
Account: 10979837763882063
Ledger: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoE8nAOEMIa7dFFnWjRNYTM4RkhsN3dRRXFBaTBiaHc#gid=5
legendary
Activity: 1498

Waiting for 2 more.

Waiting for 2 more.

Preparing account. Will post later...
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

Waiting for 2 more.
legendary
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
James has sent me a pm about calling me to become one of the keepers, to keep 3M for funding future tech committee allocations.
Since I saw my name two or three times being mentioned in the public thread as well (along with klee, neer.g as three keepers with Pouncer as the alternative), here I am to decline the offer. So now you can ask Pouncer to be the third keeper fot that 3M tech public fund.
Thank you all for the trust.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
NXT.org
Speaking for myself who am eponymous this would be difficult to do (ignore the community or run with the coins).
Do we want anonymity for the keepers?

I thought everyone agreed that it was a good idea for the keepers to have to reveal their identity as it is 100% voluntary to be a keeper.
It's just plain common sense from my POV
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Speaking for myself who am eponymous this would be difficult to do (ignore the community or run with the coins).
Moot point as you are drafted to be one of the treasurers
Thankless task of basically escrow function, so committee decides and whatever that is you need to send funds

We just need to make sure committees dont authorize any silly expenditures

Please blame pouncer, it was his idea Smiley

Only people everyone could come to consensus on, plus who doesnt like to boss around millionaires!

Now we need to fill committee slots and get the show on the road

James
legendary
NXT.org
Can you explain to me please how I will be 'forced' to spend the money as the committee suggests?

Just playing devil's advocate here..

Man re-read your post now, I really need to stop drinking whiskey ;P

Well, the trustees will have their identity spilled if they run with the NXT. Being labled by a community of 20 000+ people as a fraud will probably have real life consequences, so I doubt anyone is dumb enough to do it.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Can you explain to me please how I will be 'forced' to spend the money as the committee suggests?

You will be fitted with a snug, but effective testicle squeezer.  Smiley

Seriously: I don't think you can be. This is something we will have to trust you on, based on your past behaviour.
NXT.org

In what way do you mean?
Those the committee give NXT to? I think the best way is the standard way: pay after work is done.
legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
On a slightly different point....

snip!

..agents.

By separating funds access from funds allocation, we remove the need to know about anyones identity. I want to make sure we hear ALL the best ideas. Let the best idea win. Who cares about what the passport of the person who has the best idea is???

If we lose a SINGLE person due to ID requirement, that is one person too many.

If a committee member misses a vote, we just give a warning. Three warnings and then off the committee. Simple, easy, no ID required

James

Fair enough, my offer will remain open if it's ever needed for anything in the future.
legendary
Any chance for a guy like me to be on the tech committee?

Can we see some qualifications? Wink
I can beat you at a game of chess
legendary
On a slightly different point, ie real-world identities of the committee members, in case they decide to make a run for Costa Rica.
I'm assuming that everyone is happy to provide ID/address/telephone nr information to a few trusted individuals, but not to the entire community. Yep ? But who do you trust with your ID info?

I'm prepared to act as one of the ID verification agents, both to check that committee members ID info is correct and to store that info in strict confidentiality unless needed in the event of a problem.

We'll need to work out procedures for this, for example to set conditions for the release of ID info, and to establish an escalation procedure if one of the committee members gets up to something dodgy (or just goes away suddenly, like CfB and his appendix recently)

I'm also completely OK with revealing my ID details to anyone who stores their ID info with me.
Think we will need 2 or 3 ID verification agents, in case one is not available for whatever reason.

Let me know what u think, and also think about proposing some other people as ID verification agents.

By separating funds access from funds allocation, we remove the need to know about anyones identity. I want to make sure we hear ALL the best ideas. Let the best idea win. Who cares about what the passport of the person who has the best idea is???

If we lose a SINGLE person due to ID requirement, that is one person too many.

If a committee member misses a vote, we just give a warning. Three warnings and then off the committee. Simple, easy, no ID required

James
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
On a slightly different point, ie real-world identities of the committee members, in case they decide to make a run for Costa Rica.
I'm assuming that everyone is happy to provide ID/address/telephone nr information to a few trusted individuals, but not to the entire community. Yep ? But who do you trust with your ID info?

I'm prepared to act as one of the ID verification agents, both to check that committee members ID info is correct and to store that info in strict confidentiality unless needed in the event of a problem.

We'll need to work out procedures for this, for example to set conditions for the release of ID info, and to establish an escalation procedure if one of the committee members gets up to something dodgy (or just goes away suddenly, like CfB and his appendix recently)

I'm also completely OK with revealing my ID details to anyone who stores their ID info with me.
Think we will need 2 or 3 ID verification agents, in case one is not available for whatever reason.

Let me know what u think, and also think about proposing some other people as ID verification agents.

Pages:
Jump to: