Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Community nominations to the funding comittee - page 6. (Read 9889 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
I thought you didn't get involved in politics. The problem with having Anon136 being a treasurer is that he will then be ineligible to be on any of the committees. We need him on the tech committee!

So committee and treasure r different things, ok.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
We are not giving them NXT, they are agreeing to do what the committees tell them to do.

Who will enforce this agreement?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I highly doubt anybody is going to object to klee, neer.g, bybitcoin, Pouncer as treasurers.

I will!

Not because of their personalities, but because it doesn't seem like a good idea to give a very few people, who are already original stakeholders, more money.

Talk about decentralization...  Roll Eyes

Anon136 + 2 of (klee, neer.g, bybitcoin, Pouncer)
I thought you didn't get involved in politics. The problem with having Anon136 being a treasurer is that he will then be ineligible to be on any of the committees. We need him on the tech committee!
legendary
I highly doubt anybody is going to object to klee, neer.g, bybitcoin, Pouncer as treasurers.

I will!

Not because of their personalities, but because it doesn't seem like a good idea to give a very few people, who are already original stakeholders, more money.

We are not giving them NXT, they are agreeing to do what the committees tell them to do. The committees decide how to spend the money, then the treasurers have to obey

Also, the NXT will not go to their accounts. They have no say in how it is spent since they cannot be on any of the committees.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

I will!

Anon136 + 2 of (klee, neer.g, bybitcoin, Pouncer)
Simcoin Developer

I will!

legendary
Damelon
Rickyjames
jl777
Anon136
Klee

The nominations should include which committee, plus Klee is ineligible as he will be one of the treasurers
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Damelon
Rickyjames
jl777
Anon136
Klee
legendary
I highly doubt anybody is going to object to klee, neer.g, bybitcoin, Pouncer as treasurers. What this means is that there is no need to select trusted 7 (or 9 or 20) and I propose this thread go directly to creating the three funding committees:

Marketing: 3 million NXT over 12 months
Infrastructure: beefy hubs to support 1000TPS
Tech: ~6million - infrastructure costs

The treasurers will not be in any of the committees

This is tremendous progress! CfB has agreed to this. So in two days we should have treasurers for each committee with the unclaimed NXT.

James
legendary
Klee, neer g  and Pouncer
Pouncer is first alternate, bybitcoin is the third proposed treasurer
legendary
What the hell is "infrastructure fund"? Did I miss something? I thought it's 6/3, not 5/3/1.
It turns out we need beefy hubs to support 1000TPS, so whatever that costs reduces the amount for Tech. With dynamic TPS throttling, the infrastructure costs can be optimized, so it could be 1 million NXT, maybe 2, not sure yet.
Simcoin Developer
What the hell is "infrastructure fund"? Did I miss something? I thought it's 6/3, not 5/3/1.
Activity: 266
NXT is the future
Klee, neer g  and Pouncer
legendary
Pouncer's Proposal

This is my simplified suggestion.

Select 3 founders to be treasurers for the unclaimed funds.
One to hold marketing, tech & infra respectively.
Treasurers will not sit in any committee

Make this selection simple & fast by putting up 3 names and waiting for no objection (1-2 days) period. Any objections should be followed by a good reason. I suggest jl777 propose the 3 names.

Once this is settled, we can do the nomination/election process for the 3 committees.

What this will solve:
1. Unlikely for founders to "run away" with the trusted funds.
2. They will be in for the long haul
3. They voluntarily give up their right to decide on the usage of funds. Founders will not be seen as monopolising the decision making process, thereby pleasing the opponents of 1NXT = 1Vote to a certain extend.
4. Gives more opportunities to other stakeholders to participate in building up Nxt.

This is much better than my proposal.

James
legendary
I have posted in main thread a proposal on the Process of dealing with unclaimed NXT:

Proposal for Unclaimed NXT

I suggest we put up a slate of 7 trusted members that the thread discussing this will recommend. Then we put it up for an up or down vote.

If approved, the unclaimed NXT are divided among the trusted 7. They will be obligated to disburse funds that are approved by a marketing committee (3 Million NXT) and a tech committee (5 Million NXT) and an infrastructure committee (1 Million Nxt).

The election to the marketing, tech and infrastructure committees are independent from the decentralization of the unclaimed NXT. This means we can independently figure out who is on the three different committees and as soon as one group is formed, projects can be funded.

The community has already decided on 250,000 NXT per month for Marketing, so the marketing committee task is to figure out how best to allocate that budget.

tech and infrastructure committees have not formed yet, but we don't need to figure out all the details for getting the trusted 7 members in place.

Please post feedback in main thread.

James
Activity: 189
I think it is wise to have some software developers in the committee (Jean_luc, nexetrn, etc.)
Simcoin Developer
FINAL OPEN POLL TO PICK MEMBERS WILL TAKE PLACE ON NEXTCOIN.ORG & NXTCRYPTO.ORG.

Why?  Huh What's wrong with BCT?

Also, when you're making a poll, don't forget to make options as checkboxes, not radiobuttons Smiley

And we need as many people on the ballot as possible, so we could choose.
Simcoin Developer
In case of voting about 20 members don't be afraid to add more names. For example I would love to have a female among those 20 people

+1 We have way too much male ego Smiley
Simcoin Developer
- Jean_Luc

Anybody asked him yet? Something tells my he might follow in CfB steps and decline, he has enough burden writing the code...
Activity: 266
NXT is the future
When you vote a committee please look for the long term.

I know for sure in that panel there are few people that will be gone by March.

Look for engagement, loyalty, honesty and trust.

I second Pouncer that there are people more involved creating NXT clone than involved in NXT.

edit: and they should not be affraid to get in the open about NXT as true ambassadors, which I mean reveal true identity!
Pages:
Jump to: