Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Community nominations to the funding comittee - page 2. (Read 9889 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I prefer (2). If the method is too complicated, I propose a simplified version - option (3)
  • Use AES Crypt instead of Truecrypt. It is much easier to use.
  • If you're not comfortable using deathswitch.com, we could just encrypt the text file containing passphrase and ask someone we trust to keep it and to email it to the recipients - much the same way we'd need someone to physically take the envelope out of the safe deposit box & post it.
  • Once the text file containing the passphrase has been encrypted, we immediately send decryption key to all other treasurers by ordinary email (no need to use bitmessage). This way we can confirm that the backup process has been completed.
What do you guys think? Once we've agreed on the method, we can post it in the main thread.

I would go with option no. 3.

+1

I will need help though to make sure I don't do something stupid in the process!

Not sure what rickyjames thinks, but looks like he's got the envelope solution sorted out. We could use this among the 3 of us.

1. Download AES from https://www.aescrypt.com/download/
2. After installation, drag the AESCrypt.app icon from App folder to desktop
3. Create a new text file. Enter passphrase of your Nxtfund and save it. eg. KLee.txt
4. Drag Klee.txt and drop it over the AESCrypt.app icon on the desktop
5. You'll be prompted to enter a password. Enter a password & click "Continue"
6. You should see the encrypted file KLee.txt.aes in your finder.
7. SECURE DELETE the unencrypted file Klee.txt (important!)
8. Send encryption password to other treasurers by email
9. Give Klee.txt.aes and treasurers' emails to someone you trust, with instructions.

Hope this helps. I'll PM my email to you & neer.g  and we can test it out with a dummy file

To decrypt, drag the KLee.txt.aes file to the AESCrypt.app icon, enter password and the a copy of decrypted file KLee.txt will appear in the finder.

So much trouble bcos of "Trust noone" Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
I will need help though to make sure I don't do something stupid in the process!

Just make sure u don't copy the account in ur signature when sending the money.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I prefer (2). If the method is too complicated, I propose a simplified version - option (3)
  • If you're not comfortable using deathswitch.com, we could just encrypt the text file containing passphrase and ask someone we trust to keep it and to email it to the recipients - much the same way we'd need someone to physically take the envelope out of the safe deposit box & post it.
  • Once the text file containing the passphrase has been encrypted, we immediately send decryption key to all other treasurers by ordinary email (no need to use bitmessage). This way we can confirm that the backup process has been completed.
What do you guys think? Once we've agreed on the method, we can post it in the main thread.

+1

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

2'904'675 NXT was sent to each of the accounts:

http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getTransaction&transaction=8229158905562123840
http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getTransaction&transaction=419112573708720396
http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getTransaction&transaction=818794594833884287

PS: Only 100k left on the account controlled by me. It will be used to pay the reward for the injected fatal flaw. All other rewards/bounties must be paid from the accounts controlled by the keepers.

@CfB, thanks. I promise to keep it secure and await instructions to disburse the funds from my "boss", whoever he/she may be.

@rickyjames, klee, neer.g
Now that the funds are in, we have to agree on a method to safeguard it. So far, there are 2 options
(1) Pre-addressed envelope
(2) Encrypted file containing passphrase

If we agree on (1), we have to start exchanging postal addresses
If we agree on (2), we have to start exchanging email addresses

legendary
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
gateway=exchange?

It's related to Asset Exchange. Similar to Ripple gateways.
Can you link to some more detailed information please.
legendary
2'904'675 NXT was sent to each of the accounts:

http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getTransaction&transaction=8229158905562123840
http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getTransaction&transaction=419112573708720396
http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=getTransaction&transaction=818794594833884287

PS: Only 100k left on the account controlled by me. It will be used to pay the reward for the injected fatal flaw. All other rewards/bounties must be paid from the accounts controlled by the keepers.
legendary
Klee - 1218278327871973459
Pouncer - 10979837763882063
neer.g - 6824000597786339044

Guys, confirm the accounts plz.

CONFIRMED

Fund: NXTinfrastructurefund
Treasurer: kLee
Account: 1218278327871973459 (http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=1218278327871973459)
Ledger: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgG_jPaq09uxdF9USTlGVU1HckVaa25MNWRlVVhTamc&usp=sharing

Ricky can you PM directions about the password backup safety??
For visibility (updated my original post)!
legendary

CONFIRMED

Klee, make one outgoing transaction from ur account, plz.
legendary

CONFIRMED

Fund: NXTinfrastructurefund
Treasurer: kLee
Account: 1218278327871973459 (http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=1218278327871973459)
Ledger: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgG_jPaq09uxdF9USTlGVU1HckVaa25MNWRlVVhTamc&usp=sharing

Ricky can you PM directions about the password backup safety??
legendary
gateway=exchange?

It's related to Asset Exchange. Similar to Ripple gateways.

Confirmed: 10979837763882063 : Ledger
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
I'd like to add that 8'814'022 NXT left. Part of them is reserved for:

100k - fatal flaw reward
250k - whitepaper
100k - reward for first 3 fiat gateways
XXX - for the 1st SMS-to-NXT gateway

Maybe some other things but I can't recall them now.
gateway=exchange?
legendary

Hi all,

Fund: NXTmarketingfund
Treasurer: neer.g
Account: 6824000597786339044
Ledger: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akt-f0U2jFz5dGhORTJGM0dIVHg0OENVTlJOazRMd1E&usp=sharing

I will coordiante with Ricky/other members the passphrase backup safety.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

Please take me off of consideration for tech committee.

As rickyjames pointed out I already control enough budget via NXTcommunityfund.

Also, I have made it clear to aldrin that if he felt that I was not doing a good job then I will step down. Now that pouncer and neer.g have also donated, it would only be fair that if two out of the three main funders want me replaced, I will step down.

I will step down as trustee rather than let another committee manage it. If you dont like me, fine, replace me with somebody else. The NXTcommunityfund needs to be run by a single decision maker who has the freedom to push for projects that would never get out of committee.

James, I was wrong.  I owe not only you an apology, but aldrin, pouncer and neer.g an apology as well.  

Reading your post made me realize I had made a mistake lumping the NXT donations you received from your patrons into the same category as unclaimed NXT controlled by CfB.  Pushing for committee control of all of this NXT as I did in my "committee summary" post is totally inappropriate, and I see that now.  

CfB, as original owner of the unclaimed NXT, has set the terms for its disbursement.  Those terms were to set up committees to administer it for the good of the NXT community.  It is totally appropriate for the NXT community to vote on who and how many should be on those committees.

Aldrin, pouncer and neer.g, as original owners of their donated NXT, also set the terms for its disbursement.  Those terms were for James /jl777 to use it as he personally saw fit to implement as many as possible of his endless stream of good ideas.  This is effectively a private contract between individuals.  It is totally INappropriate for the NXT community to vote on anything that would interfere with such a private contract and dilute James' intended spending authority under the terms of that private contract.  

I made a mistake in initiating such a vote, and I am sorry.

When I make a mistake, I will admit it as soon as I recognize it, and then do everything I can to correct whatever mess I have made.  Accordingly, I have frozen the poll I started and I will go back and edit my posts to delete this proposal I made.  I believe my error here will soon be forgotten outside of this circle.

Inside this circle, I want to say that I think James is a true fountainhead of good ideas and is doing a great job of implementing them, and funding his efforts is one of the best ideas of all.

-rickyjames

I love people who are not afraid to apologise.
Good fortune to you, sir! Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Please take me off of consideration for tech committee.

As rickyjames pointed out I already control enough budget via NXTcommunityfund.

Also, I have made it clear to aldrin that if he felt that I was not doing a good job then I will step down. Now that pouncer and neer.g have also donated, it would only be fair that if two out of the three main funders want me replaced, I will step down.

I will step down as trustee rather than let another committee manage it. If you dont like me, fine, replace me with somebody else. The NXTcommunityfund needs to be run by a single decision maker who has the freedom to push for projects that would never get out of committee.

James, I was wrong.  I owe not only you an apology, but aldrin, pouncer and neer.g an apology as well.  

Reading your post made me realize I had made a mistake lumping the NXT donations you received from your patrons into the same category as unclaimed NXT controlled by CfB.  Pushing for committee control of all of this NXT as I did in my "committee summary" post is totally inappropriate, and I see that now.  

CfB, as original owner of the unclaimed NXT, has set the terms for its disbursement.  Those terms were to set up committees to administer it for the good of the NXT community.  It is totally appropriate for the NXT community to vote on who and how many should be on those committees.

Aldrin, pouncer and neer.g, as original owners of their donated NXT, also set the terms for its disbursement.  Those terms were for James /jl777 to use it as he personally saw fit to implement as many as possible of his endless stream of good ideas.  This is effectively a private contract between individuals.  It is totally INappropriate for the NXT community to vote on anything that would interfere with such a private contract and dilute James' intended spending authority under the terms of that private contract.  

I made a mistake in initiating such a vote, and I am sorry.

When I make a mistake, I will admit it as soon as I recognize it, and then do everything I can to correct whatever mess I have made.  Accordingly, I have frozen the poll I started and I will go back and edit my posts to delete this proposal I made.  I believe my error here will soon be forgotten outside of this circle.

Inside this circle, I want to say that I think James is a true fountainhead of good ideas and is doing a great job of implementing them, and funding his efforts is one of the best ideas of all.

-rickyjames
For Tech:

bloodyrookie
ricot
ciyam
drevil

+100, Ciyam as leader
Pages:
Jump to: