Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Community nominations to the funding comittee - page 9. (Read 9889 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
We choose the trustees just for holding and disbursement of the fund. How to use the fund will be made by other people or consensus of the community.

If this is so (I understood it in a different way according to the second voting results) then we'd only need guardians/executors, area of expertise is irrelevant and it boils down to a matter of trust.

I understood the committee was defined as such according to utopianfuture's definition of "funding committee + open bounty" approach, winner of the previous vote.

Yes that is the idea. because we already have a treasurer :Cfb .

My understanding is that since cfb does not want to be the treasurer and he is leaving by April he want the community to find a group of trusted persons as the treasurers. In the mean time, we also need to figure out how to use  the fund otherwise it will be send back at the time he leaves. Maybe I am wrong.
Activity: 602
Merit: 268
Internet of Value
We choose the trustees just for holding and disbursement of the fund. How to use the fund will be made by other people or consensus of the community.

If this is so (I understood it in a different way according to the second voting results) then we'd only need guardians/executors, area of expertise is irrelevant and it boils down to a matter of trust.

I understood the committee was defined as such according to utopianfuture's definition of "funding committee + open bounty" approach, winner of the previous vote.

Yes that is the idea. because we already have a treasurer :Cfb .
Activity: 460
Merit: 250

Damelon, Allwelder, Uniqueorn, VanBreuk, EvilDave

I appreciate (and am surprised by) the fact you brought up my name while picking in a pool full of world class talented people. I do have experience in online communities management, some age and a few burns from politics, but I cannot bring technical expertise... I'm no developer, no cryptographer, no economist. Unneeded for Nxt fund management? I'm not so sure.

My five picks keeping in mind the best interests for the community:

rickyjames, Klee, jl777, Anon136, joefox

Damelon and salsacz in the bench.

This brings up the issue of technical fund vs marketing fund.
Clearly we need experts of tech to control the technical fund and those who are good at marketing to manage the marketing funds.

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
How about 2 marketing aficionados, 2 techs and someone in between, like rickyjames or joefox?
Clearly we need experts of tech to control the technical fund and those who are good at marketing to manage the marketing funds.

According to the outline voted in the second poll,

Quote from: utopianfuture
The idea is that the funding committee would only have the right to approve or disapprove when a project is submitted for a bounty. Project owners would have to present the project itself in a feasible way to persuade the community and the committee funding accordingly. A project will be funded if it get the majority of funding committee votes. Funding committee member cannot vote for her/ his own project

We'd only need an odd number of members reasonably split between tech bias, market bias and community/consensus agents to solve bias conflicts, all in the same committee. Imho five is too few for a simple majority vote.

Unanimous resolutions would be ideal but perhaps not realistic.
Activity: 182
NXT.org

I appreciate (and am surprised by) the fact you brought up my name while picking in a pool full of world class talented people. I do have experience in online communities management, some age and a few burns from politics, but I cannot bring technical expertise... I'm no developer, no cryptographer, no economist. Unneeded for Nxt fund management? I'm not so sure.

My five picks keeping in mind the best interests for the community:

rickyjames, Klee, jl777, Anon136, joefox

Damelon and salsacz in the bench.

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
Why nobody mentioned bitcoinpaul?

My five picks:

rickyjames, Klee, jl777, Anon136, joefox,

with Damelon and salsacz in the bench.

Activity: 336
AKA jefdiesel
I would like to make myself available to help with this project.

jefdiesel
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
buybitcoinscanada
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

It's an honour, but I have 2 reasons to (almost) say no:

I've got a lot of real life commitments, NXT is eating up a lot of my free(ish) time.

I want to get a carbon-offset project set up, this will mean that I will want to have access to/control of quite a lot of NXT, and If i'm on the committee that decides to give me the money for my own pet project....hmmmm.

Having said all that, I'll accept a committee place if we really can't find anyone else willing to step up.

TL:DR:
EvilDave to the very bottom of the list, please.   
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
I thought of 5 people. But we can vote on that Wink

1st let's vote if we will vote on that. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Remove me, plz.
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
You discouraged a lot of people with your post, I suppose  Grin

Guys and Gals, just post the people you want to nominate for the committee!
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Finding out the personalities based off Jung's functions would put their pros and cons to balance.

I highly recommend the following web links to get a quick understanding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdIEDNUOhUY&feature=share

http://www.cognitivetype.com/database/

It maybe optimal to utilize as many of the 8 functions as possible: Example; NeFi, SeFi, TeSi, FeNi hold all 8 functions to the highest two levels of either Dominant or Subordinate. Even with the other four variations of this pattern they'd still see the world in totally different ways, which allows them to encompass a wide margin of techniques for great results.

I thought of 5 people. But we can vote on that Wink

+1.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com
Pouncer

7 people MAX.