Pages:
Author

Topic: Obama or Romney ? - page 3. (Read 21126 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
November 04, 2012, 12:03:39 PM
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
November 04, 2012, 07:24:28 AM
Politics is like a muppet show, the people are the spectator, the politicans the muppets and the big companys the guys who move the muppets arround and than there is someone who controls the whole muppet show, they put the muppets in place give them names like Obama and Romney, they replace, manipulate, kill, brainwash muppets, spectators and companys. To keep the muppet show going people pay tax because they are to scared the muppet show will stop one day and the whole setup will be exposed.
Who is running the US muppet show?
 Huh
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
November 03, 2012, 05:29:06 PM
I was surprised to find an endorsement for Obama from the Salt Lake Tribune! "Too many Mitts" lol.
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
November 03, 2012, 05:15:36 PM
Just for funsies, I looked up the "world leaders" chart on Political Compass

Both Barack and Mitt are less liberty respecting than Herman van Rompuy and Angela Merkel. Let that sink in for a minute.

Haiku Herman is more libertarian than either of the two major candidates in the US.
legendary
November 03, 2012, 02:42:21 PM

I assume it's affirmative action.  It's basically a euphemism for reverse discrimination.

M

Ah, that makes sense. I'm no fan of Affirmative Action but it's really a sideshow to the main issues, sad to say and only one of those "wedge topics" to make people think there's any real difference between the two.
November 03, 2012, 10:25:17 AM
apart from the color, what is the difference? Cheesy

Well, clearly it's the logos. One is a red, white, and blue O, the other is a red, white, and blue R.
Activity: 607
November 03, 2012, 10:04:21 AM
apart from the color, what is the difference? Cheesy
November 03, 2012, 09:43:16 AM
Maybe you'll eventually convince yourself.

I do not need to convince myself because it's a fact Romney and Obama are provably different on the issues I care about. For example, as governor of MA, Romney signed an executive order to ban AA in MA. Obama never did anything like that, Obama on several occasions publicly said he support AA policies, including siding with the university on the current ongoing supreme court case.

How much different, do you need to get? and these are just on issues I care about, I'm sure they are completely different on many other issues as well. So I tell you again, to say they are the same, is completely misleading and untrue.

Well, if affirmative action is the single issue you'll be voting on, Virgil Goode is as good a choice as Romney. For that matter, so are Ron Paul, and Andre Barnett. (Johnson supports equal employment for women, but I don't see a voting record for affirmative action. I assume he'd be similar in stance to Dr. Paul.) Know who and what you're voting for.

Romney and Obama are provably identical on many issues. That's why Political compass places them so close. Your saying "I'm sure they are completely different" just shows how completely unsure you are about it.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
November 03, 2012, 09:23:51 AM

I do not need to convince myself because it's a fact Romney and Obama are provably different on the issues I care about. For example, as governor of MA, Romney signed an executive order to ban AA in MA. Obama never did anything like that, Obama on several occasions publicly said he support AA policies, including siding with the university on the current ongoing supreme court case.

How much different, do you need to get? and these are just on issues I care about, I'm sure they are completely different on many other issues as well. So I tell you again, to say they are the same, is completely misleading and untrue.

What is AA? I tried three different searches and turned up nothing.

I assume it's affirmative action.  It's basically a euphemism for reverse discrimination.

M
legendary
November 03, 2012, 09:06:09 AM

What is AA? I tried three different searches and turned up nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
November 03, 2012, 08:02:59 AM

Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
November 02, 2012, 01:17:23 PM
neither
Activity: 756
November 02, 2012, 12:43:05 AM
Why would you cut taxes for the rich (or punish horribly the middle class) while you are trying to balance the budget.  The only balanced budget in recent memory came from a 39% tax rate for the upper bracket.  It is simple, we have done it before, it WORKS.

Combine the additional revenue with modest across the board cuts including defense and you can get a balanced budget.  Leave student loans as they are, as the rate is ALREADY ABOVE PRIME.  Education is a cost for a functioning society and pays dividends later.  Changes need to be made to how colleges operate and to the very high costs but that is a separate issue.

Here's my # step plan designed to save the US economy.

#1. Freeze all Spending at current level.
#2. Remove Capital Gains tax.
#3. Remove Income Tax & associated employment related taxes.
#4. Install Flat (sales) Tax at 20%. Convert IRS into regulating entity for monitoring, collecting and reporting on income from this new tax.
#5. Open Borders. Remove tarifs.
#6. Wait a month.
#7. Look at the new report from the converted IRS - do the math on deficit new tax income.
#8. Reduce all government spending by the percentage needed to balance the budget + double the cost of interest on the national debt.
#9. Repeat 6-9 until nation is out of debt.

Simple easy and effective. It would take all the downward pressure off the economy. We'd have an initial 30-50% reduction in government spending and the total on collected taxes would rise to make up the lost income in under 2 years... aided by all the former illegals now paying sales taxes and the massive growth the economy would under go by making it much cheaper to employ someone.
And as soon as that happened then we can start growing entitlement programs and spending in all areas to consume the surplus. Being happy with a 10 or 20 or 50 year plan to pay off the debt.

Great, whats the name of your cult that will follow and vow to implement and strive for this?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
November 01, 2012, 10:00:54 PM
#4. Install Flat (sales) Tax at 20%. Convert IRS into regulating entity for monitoring, collecting and reporting on income from this new tax.
Good luck. No government has ever been able to successfully enforce such a high sales tax.

Govcoin... Bitcoin, now with mandatory fees!
And 0 users.

I suppose the usual "you need it to pay taxes" doesn't hold here Tongue  Large coorporations could be forced to use it though.
November 01, 2012, 09:54:16 PM
Good luck. No government has ever been able to successfully enforce such a high sales tax.

And 0 users.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
November 01, 2012, 09:49:04 PM

November 01, 2012, 03:58:53 PM
If you knew anything about the nervous system like I do you'd know where, in martial arts you get taught where the most vital points of a body are so you can avoid killing them by accident, as for guns well, of course the person is going to bleed to death anyway if you just leave them there, but you can't be that much of an asshole you'd just leave them to die right?
If they attacked me in the first place with intent to rob or kill, then yeah, I'd be pretty guilt-free letting them die.

It depends. If I lived somewhere that didn't have strong recognition of self defense, I might be tempted to finish the job, dispose of the body and pretend nothing had happened.

That's just prudence, not guilt. Wink
legendary
November 01, 2012, 03:53:15 PM
If you knew anything about the nervous system like I do you'd know where, in martial arts you get taught where the most vital points of a body are so you can avoid killing them by accident, as for guns well, of course the person is going to bleed to death anyway if you just leave them there, but you can't be that much of an asshole you'd just leave them to die right?
If they attacked me in the first place with intent to rob or kill, then yeah, I'd be pretty guilt-free letting them die.

It depends. If I lived somewhere that didn't have strong recognition of self defense, I might be tempted to finish the job, dispose of the body and pretend nothing had happened.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
November 01, 2012, 03:38:26 PM
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
Pages:
Jump to: