Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 20. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 1
Is anyone planning on using multiple power supplies for this MB?  I'm debating on how I'm going to wire them up.
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
got mine today..was very excited to open it. @octominer can u send me those measurements for the mounting
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
Is there a wireless adapter that is plug and play with Hive OS - what’s a good one to get?

The small Xiaomi wifi adapter is very good and cheap.
Activity: 512
Merit: 250
Octominer has yet to reply to my request for this information, so could someone who has this board please send me a simple drawing of its mounting hole locations.

Thanks!
Rich

I'll see if I can trace out the mounting holes with measurements. We'll be in the market for a frame if you can make one to fit this motherboard. Smiley

I just sent you a pm with a tracing + measurements for the mounting holes.
Thank  you!  Coming soon...

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Is there a wireless adapter that is plug and play with Hive OS - what’s a good one to get?
Just wanted to share, I got the Kingsand 120GB mSATA SSD together with mobo and ram. The SSD has very prematurely died after 4 days of use.

Very sorry to hear that you got a faulty SSD and it died. We will send you a replacement right away!
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Just wanted to share, I got the Kingsand 120GB mSATA SSD together with mobo and ram. The SSD has very prematurely died after 4 days of use.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
Ok, thanks for the clarification!
I like the Octominer B8PLUS, I added it to my reference list of motherboards with 8+ PCIe slots:

http://bitcoin.zorinaq.com/many_pcie/

The B8PLUS has the slots spaced by 45mm (as I read on the website), and I wish it was 50mm like the ZRTK-21613 & ZRTD-101. But I guess you can really do that only if the designers had saved space by mounting the CPU/RAM/SSD on a vertical card like ZRT did....

Octominer, how long have you guys been in business? I mean the "SHENZHEN IH SUCCESS LTD" entity? Did you guys form the company recently just to target the mining market?

Great.
Actual slot spacing is 5CM on our motherboards, we just recommend GPUs up to 4.5CM to leave a gap between.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
I like the Octominer B8PLUS, I added it to my reference list of motherboards with 8+ PCIe slots:

http://bitcoin.zorinaq.com/many_pcie/

The B8PLUS has the slots spaced by 45mm (as I read on the website), and I wish it was 50mm like the ZRTK-21613 & ZRTD-101. But I guess you can really do that only if the designers had saved space by mounting the CPU/RAM/SSD on a vertical card like ZRT did....

Octominer, how long have you guys been in business? I mean the "SHENZHEN IH SUCCESS LTD" entity? Did you guys form the company recently just to target the mining market?
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
RIP my Amp Extremes...
Thanks a lot for the pic! I really appreciate it.
Off topic: Do you use Windows, SMOS or HiveOS? I use HiveOS.
I'm wondering what's the best config for the AMP Extreme (Core, Mem and PL).
I use stock Ubuntu 16.04. Settings are +200 core, +500 memory, 120W.
Activity: 48
Here it is running with 5 GTX 1070Tis:

https://s18.postimg.org/px6j3s9ah/IMG_20180213_213034.jpg

That's a Zotac 1070 TI Amp Extreme?

Can you please post a pic from above? I wanna see the space between the GPUS.
I wanna know if you can put 8 Amp Extremes in there.
The Amp Extreme covers up the next PCI slot.

https://s18.postimg.org/hvbgd52tl/IMG_20180217_190445.jpg

RIP my Amp Extremes...
Thanks a lot for the pic! I really appreciate it.
Off topic: Do you use Windows, SMOS or HiveOS? I use HiveOS.
I'm wondering what's the best config for the AMP Extreme (Core, Mem and PL).
Activity: 630
Merit: 502

The Amp Extreme covers up the next PCI slot.

Made an unboxing if you guys are interested.

https://youtu.be/0CGA0PR4kpQ

Sorry for the low production value. Never made a YouTube video before. 😁

Thanks a lot for the video! It was great!

Question: where did you buy those PCI-E splitters for the cards? And what brands do you recommend?

https://s18.postimg.org/px6j3s9ah/IMG_20180213_213034.jpg

Activity: 74
Merit: 1
Can someone confirm that this is actually a 4u rack mount case, with a cover? From what I'm seeing, it appears to be too small for the cards + power cables and power supplies? (I ordered 1 server PSU and 1 atx PSU, was assuming both would fit.

No, the motherboard is too wide to fit into a standard 19" rackmount case.   I'm working on some ideas to fabricate mounts for installing it length-wise.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

Thanks, I don't know how I managed to overlook corsair. Is it safe to use a dual head cable to connect both motherboard slots, or 2 gpu's from one PSU outlet?

A single cable with two heads like the link I gave you has been used by me to do
A 1080ti at 200 watts.

And two 1070tis set to 110 watts each.

That would be 220 watts .

I am running the Corsair now with 7 1080tis set to 180 watts each.

The kwatt meter reads 1350 so far so good.

I have two eight slot boards but not this one.

So far the Corsair is good.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
I moved cards around today in my Octominer.  I went from this config:

0 Zotac 1070 Mini
1 MSI 1070 Sea Hawk X (hybrid)
2 Nvidia 1070 FE
3 MSI 1070 Sea Hawk X (hybrid)
4 MSI 1070Ti Aero
5 EVGA 1070 FTW Hybrid
6 MSI 1070Ti Aero
7 EVGA 1070 FTW Hybrid

Which worked great with no issues.

My new config is:

0 Zotac 1070 Mini
1 Nvidia 1070 FE
2 Nvidia 1070 FE
3 EVGA 1070 SC ACX 3.0 (5173)
4 EVGA 1070 SC ACX 3.0 (5173)
5 EVGA 1070 SC ACX 3.0 (5173)
6 EVGA 1070 SC iCX (6173)
7 EVGA 1070 SC2 iCX (6573)

For the life of me, I can't get the EVGA SC 6173 working.  This GPU works fine in the rig I pulled it from.

The problem follows the card, not the slot.  I have moved the cards around, only the 6173 won't work.

I booted into Ubuntu 16.04 (nvOC), exact same issue.

So this is the trouble card:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b3658/evga-gtx-1070-sc-acx-3-0

Anyone else run this card yet on the Octominer board?  Seems odd that it would not like this one card?

I dropped the 6173 into another rig I just build.  Works fine.

Go figure...

I have had cards like that.  Mystery never solved I just moved them to a board they worked on.
Activity: 274
Merit: 101
I'm up and running with 8 cards under windows with no issues.  I never did anything in the BIOS except tell it to boot from USB the first time to do the windows install.  I downloaded the latest ISO directly from Microsoft, stripped out all the bloat to make a light "miner" version.  I then installed into 120GB Msata from USB using the built in VGA port.  Once it was installed, I let it go out and grab all the latest updates.

I then installed a single GPU and installed the latest Nvidia drivers (all done with VGA monitor still connected to the mobo).  Once that was done, I shut down and added 7 more cards and started back up again.  It took Windows about 20 minutes to properly see and load the drivers for those additional 7 GPUs.  Once that was done, I installed Afterburner, Afterburner Remote Server and Awesome Miner Remote Agent.

Went into Awesome Miner on my workstation, added the Octominer, and away I went mining.  Very smooth from start to finish.

Hashing away with nice low temps despite running with no lid:

And some pics of the rig.  I'm running a 2400W Delta PSU temporarily until I decide what I want to put in it.  I'm also running 4 hybrid 1070's for right now since they needed a home and I'm still waiting on some other mobos to come in.  It will be converted to all air cards soon, but I didn't want to leave any cards sitting around not hashing.  Smiley

I'm overall pleased with the Octominer, but do have a few minor gripes as follows:

1. The silk screen showing the front panel pin-out is obscured by the mSATA device.
2. The polarity for the front panel HDD header is missing.
3. The Delta fans are nice 4 wire (PWM control), but both the RPM and PWM wires were cut off, leaving only GND and 12V.  It would have been nice if those wires had been left intact in case I wanted to ever use those fans in another application.  A 4-pin fan header to 2-pin Molex plug would have been ideal.
4. There is no provisionings for screwing down the Octominer server PSU within the "ATX PSU" space.

I know, very miner gripes, but I wanted to mention them.   The key thing is that the board itself is very stable and works well, even with Windows.  The board was able to to detect my Logitech USB Bluetooth dongle for my wireless keyboard and mouse, something that I cannot say was true with either my Onda nor Coloful mobos.

They were my only gripes as well.

The only other issue I had setting up was 5 short beeps and 1 long 3 short beeps.
I reinstalled the the ram and reset cmos and on the 5th time it worked. 
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
I moved cards around today in my Octominer.  I went from this config:

0 Zotac 1070 Mini
1 MSI 1070 Sea Hawk X (hybrid)
2 Nvidia 1070 FE
3 MSI 1070 Sea Hawk X (hybrid)
4 MSI 1070Ti Aero
5 EVGA 1070 FTW Hybrid
6 MSI 1070Ti Aero
7 EVGA 1070 FTW Hybrid

Which worked great with no issues.

My new config is:

0 Zotac 1070 Mini
1 Nvidia 1070 FE
2 Nvidia 1070 FE
3 EVGA 1070 SC ACX 3.0 (5173)
4 EVGA 1070 SC ACX 3.0 (5173)
5 EVGA 1070 SC ACX 3.0 (5173)
6 EVGA 1070 SC iCX (6173)
7 EVGA 1070 SC2 iCX (6573)

For the life of me, I can't get the EVGA SC 6173 working.  This GPU works fine in the rig I pulled it from.

The problem follows the card, not the slot.  I have moved the cards around, only the 6173 won't work.

I booted into Ubuntu 16.04 (nvOC), exact same issue.

So this is the trouble card:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b3658/evga-gtx-1070-sc-acx-3-0

Anyone else run this card yet on the Octominer board?  Seems odd that it would not like this one card?

I dropped the 6173 into another rig I just build.  Works fine.

Go figure...
Pages:
Jump to: