Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 15. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 289
Merit: 107
The only thing I can think of that would cause that would be the power on after AC loss in the bios settings.
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
Are you shutting the system down via a power button or windows shutdown?

Running Hive OS - basically my plan was to reset it by switching off the power from a remote wall socket adapter then waiting a few seconds and enabling power again with the device then powering back up.

I have mounted the case high up on the garage wall so wanted to get away from pushing buttons etc was hoping to reset just via my phone with an app
Are you shutting the system down via a power button or windows shutdown?
Once you have the jumper plug you shouldn’t have to touch it. Keep in mind if you have eco switch turned on then the fan won’t come on unless under load. Orherwose the psu will always be on with the jumper plugged in.

Hmmm dunno why mine doesn't seem to work the same. With the jumper plugged in and with a power off it doesn't come back on without me unplugging/re plugging the jumper once power is active again.

Once you have the jumper plug you shouldn’t have to touch it. Keep in mind if you have eco switch turned on then the fan won’t come on unless under load. Orherwose the psu will always be on with the jumper plugged in.
I run an evga psu as well. I just took one of the 6+2 vga cables that has double connections on it and hooked that up to the 2 6 pin plugs on the motherboard. That gives you all the motherboard power you need. the rest of your vga plugs you can use for your gpu's. At worst case if you're running something less than 1080ti's, you can just buy 8pin to dual 8pin splitters. I bought a couple just in case but based on the number of cords that came with my 1600p2, I think i'll be fine. As far as the 24 pin; yes just put that jumper plug in it and when you're ready to turn the system on just turn the switch on the back of the psu and it will turn on automatically. Then just tuck that cable and you're good to go.

It’s really simple. Take 2 of the 6 pin pci-e power cables from your psu and attach them to any 2 of the plugs on the edge of the board. This supplies the basic power you need to run the cpu etc. next plug the necessary cables directly into your gpu’s to power them. Lastly you will need to use a tester plug or short 2 pins on the 24 pin connector from the psu. A lot of psu’s come with the little tester plug that has the jumper for the 2 pins build into it. This is needed to turn the psu on since the motherboard can’t do it in this scenario. That is all there is to it. Of course you’ll need power for your fans as well. Hope that helps. If you don’t have a tester plug then you can find tons of vids or pics of what pins on the 24 pin plug to jumper

Thanks but Evga P2 doesn’t have just 6pin cords. I have (4) 8 to 6+2, (2) 8 to 6+(6+2) and (2) 8 to 4+4 cords. The psu takes 8 pins, mobo takes 6 pins and gpu takes 8 pins. Doesn’t seem I have enough cords for 8 cards unless I can use 8 to 6+(6+2) Cords so (6+2) plugs into 1 gpu and then the 6 split plugs into adjacent gpu. Does gpu only need 6 of 8? Also evga comes with 24 pin black cap that looks to connect 2 pins so I just cap the 24 pin cord and plug it into psu so the cord just dangles off without connecting to anything?

I have the EVGA P2 1200w. Is there anyway to get it to stay powered on all the time? I have a 24pin ATX jumper attached but it only turns on the mobo if I detach and reattach it? I was hoping for a solution where I can just turn off the power then put it back on for it to restart the miner
I run an evga psu as well. I just took one of the 6+2 vga cables that has double connections on it and hooked that up to the 2 6 pin plugs on the motherboard. That gives you all the motherboard power you need. the rest of your vga plugs you can use for your gpu's. At worst case if you're running something less than 1080ti's, you can just buy 8pin to dual 8pin splitters. I bought a couple just in case but based on the number of cords that came with my 1600p2, I think i'll be fine. As far as the 24 pin; yes just put that jumper plug in it and when you're ready to turn the system on just turn the switch on the back of the psu and it will turn on automatically. Then just tuck that cable and you're good to go.

It’s really simple. Take 2 of the 6 pin pci-e power cables from your psu and attach them to any 2 of the plugs on the edge of the board. This supplies the basic power you need to run the cpu etc. next plug the necessary cables directly into your gpu’s to power them. Lastly you will need to use a tester plug or short 2 pins on the 24 pin connector from the psu. A lot of psu’s come with the little tester plug that has the jumper for the 2 pins build into it. This is needed to turn the psu on since the motherboard can’t do it in this scenario. That is all there is to it. Of course you’ll need power for your fans as well. Hope that helps. If you don’t have a tester plug then you can find tons of vids or pics of what pins on the 24 pin plug to jumper

Thanks but Evga P2 doesn’t have just 6pin cords. I have (4) 8 to 6+2, (2) 8 to 6+(6+2) and (2) 8 to 4+4 cords. The psu takes 8 pins, mobo takes 6 pins and gpu takes 8 pins. Doesn’t seem I have enough cords for 8 cards unless I can use 8 to 6+(6+2) Cords so (6+2) plugs into 1 gpu and then the 6 split plugs into adjacent gpu. Does gpu only need 6 of 8? Also evga comes with 24 pin black cap that looks to connect 2 pins so I just cap the 24 pin cord and plug it into psu so the cord just dangles off without connecting to anything?
Well today was a disappointing day. Finally got a chance to install my octominer board into the new octominer case that came in yesterday. Installed a 8gb ram stick and the 120gb msata drive and proceeded to power up for first time. Came up to boot screen without issue and I went into bios. Didn't change anything except the boot order and changing the cpu to max turbo boost since i'm running windows. I proceeded to install windows. got to the desktop and proceeded to install the updates. When the rig rebooted it would crash as soon as it entered the login screen. At this point I tried recovery, fresh re-install but I could no longer even get into windows no matter what. I couldn't even get past the first reboot and into windows final setup. I tried swapping out hard drives and memory and still no luck. Finally I ran memtest which failed every time on test 6 with thousands of errors; regardless of which memory stick I put in. At this point it seems like its either a memory controller that is shot or something with the cpu. I contacted octominer chat and spoke to Carl who is working with me to get a replacement sent out. Sucks to have to sit on the finished system for another week or more but not much else I can do atm since there's no quick way to get a board:\ Hopefully the replacement takes care of the issues.

If anyone has seen anything similar or has any ideas, i'm all ears. nothing but time until the new ones comes:)
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

It’s really simple. Take 2 of the 6 pin pci-e power cables from your psu and attach them to any 2 of the plugs on the edge of the board. This supplies the basic power you need to run the cpu etc. next plug the necessary cables directly into your gpu’s to power them. Lastly you will need to use a tester plug or short 2 pins on the 24 pin connector from the psu. A lot of psu’s come with the little tester plug that has the jumper for the 2 pins build into it. This is needed to turn the psu on since the motherboard can’t do it in this scenario. That is all there is to it. Of course you’ll need power for your fans as well. Hope that helps. If you don’t have a tester plug then you can find tons of vids or pics of what pins on the 24 pin plug to jumper.

Can someone please explain in detail how to connect atx power supply because everyone that does video build doesn’t explain it at all. All son of tech says is connect 2 vga to any 2 by card slots and then he pulls out 2 pin cord attaches little piece with jumper and says haha do this but doesn’t say what. Vosk guy says shows my psu in his video the Vega 1200 P2 and says he will explain how to connect it but I guess he forgot to do it in the video. Octominer doesn’t explain it either in his video but just quickly shows it. What holes do jumper go and do I need it if my psu is fully modular?
Activity: 37
Can someone please explain in detail how to connect atx power supply because everyone that does video build doesn’t explain it at all. All son of tech says is connect 2 vga to any 2 by card slots and then he pulls out 2 pin cord attaches little piece with jumper and says haha do this but doesn’t say what. Vosk guy says shows my psu in his video the Vega 1200 P2 and says he will explain how to connect it but I guess he forgot to do it in the video. Octominer doesn’t explain it either in his video but just quickly shows it. What holes do jumper go and do I need it if my psu is fully modular?
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
Not sure what your talking about. The March 10-20 batch was for motherboards, not cases. I received the case today and will be making a build bid in the coming days.

Also for reference I am replacing all the fans with Noctua Nf-f12 industrial 3000 rpm fans. Will post once the build is complete and I see how noise and temps are looking.

Great. Interested to see how the Noctua fans will perform.
Not sure what your talking about. The March 10-20 batch was for motherboards, not cases. I received the case today and will be making a build bid in the coming days.

Also for reference I am replacing all the fans with Noctua Nf-f12 industrial 3000 rpm fans. Will post once the build is complete and I see how noise and temps are looking.
Ordered one of their cases and an ssd for my board. Still waiting for it to ship. Hopefully it goes out today/tomorrow.

i ordered mine feb 5th and still hasnt shipped. Sad

Hi! When you placed the order, that was for the March 10-20th batch as stated during checkout and on our website.
If you wish we can refund your order right away.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Activity: 2
These guys have been top notch.

I ordered two boards and two first revision server psu's.  They were ready to go within minutes of opening the boxes and plugging in my smos usb stick(s).

Harry has been great with customer service.  Even though they said they would be swamped with holidays and shipping, I received emails and answers within a day.

FWIW, I'm running a mixed bag of 1070ti's and only one 120mm fan going with 65-70 ambient temp in a room.

Getting good results on temps:

https://i.imgur.com/Iikv0Gk.png

You can see that the ones to the right are way lower and I only have one fan blowing on them.

I'll likely be ordering more once I can make more room in the house.

Running 200/700 w/110W PL and 65 target temp on SMOS.  The only downside is that those server psu's are jet engine loud.
Activity: 5
Ordered one of their cases and an ssd for my board. Still waiting for it to ship. Hopefully it goes out today/tomorrow.

i ordered mine feb 5th and still hasnt shipped. Sad
today I took the time to power down one of my octo rigs and move a couple of the intake fans to the outside of the case.  This allowed me to easily slip my longest 1080ti cards into place.   really happy with it..  now I would love adjustable fan speed hardware knob, and second atx psu support!   going to have to figure out some way to add a second psu externally but preferably secured to the side of the case somehow and not flopping around loose

Great. How are the temps on the 1080ti's with only one set of fans?
I am not sure we can make a second ATX fit into the case , it will be too tight.
We are right now working on getting a PWM fan controller for them to regulate the speed.

nice, will I be able to add that to my existing rigs? and would the speeds be controlled in software from the OS or like a hardware speed dial/knob?    (would love to be able to use both).   the delta fans are great but sometimes I'd love to be able to quiet them or find a balance between noise and temps

Yes ,that's the plan. To have a fan controller that can be added as an upgrade.
Activity: 47
today I took the time to power down one of my octo rigs and move a couple of the intake fans to the outside of the case.  This allowed me to fit some of my longer 1080ti cards into place like EVGA FTW3 and Asus ROG Strix.  Unfortunately I still can't fit MSI Duke 1080ti's  Undecided

now I would love adjustable fan speed hardware knob, and second atx psu support!   going to have to figure out some way to add a second psu externally but preferably secured to the side of the case somehow and not flopping around loose
Activity: 47
We are right now working on getting a PWM fan controller for them to regulate the speed.

nice, will I be able to add that to my existing rigs? and would the speeds be controlled in software from the OS or like a hardware speed dial/knob?    (would love to be able to use both).   the delta fans are great but sometimes I'd love to be able to quiet them or find a balance between noise and temps
Pages:
Jump to: