Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 16. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Due to PayPals limitations we do not accept payment with Paypal anymore. Paypal froze our account, and told us they do not support the sales of cryptocurrency mining equipment. They froze all our funds on our paypal account til May. Sad
Has anybody experienced something like this with Paypal?

We accept Crypto payment only from now!

I have had the same experience from buying and selling the D3 Antminer. PayPal does cover the equipment as long as you are not buying or selling cryptocurrency through PayPal. They froze my orders until deliveries were made but ultimately they released all funds once completed. Then wrote it in my account that I sell this kind of stuff to prevent it from happening again. Should just have to talk with them about resolving the issue and they will help.

Just my two cents not saying I agree with this type of thing.

Phawx
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
Gawt dayum this case is loud. It's in the basement and we can hear it on the 2nd story. Wife has demanded I get rid of it, but other than that it's great.

Yeah , they are loud but very efficient at cooling.
We are right now working on getting a PWM fan controller for them to regulate the speed.
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
Delta and AVC fans are frigging awesome if you're somewhere as hot and humid as here (Malaysia) but the noise level is pretty bad.
Activity: 4
Gawt dayum this case is loud. It's in the basement and we can hear it on the 2nd story. Wife has demanded I get rid of it, but other than that it's great.

It's the Delta fans just get rid of them and get normal case fans that run at 19db.

On a side note I had an issue with my Server PSU and Harry from octominer refunded me straight away after I couldn't sort it out.

Customer service is A+ at octominer.
Activity: 5
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
Both paypal and credit card payment has been remove....... and stripe refound my payment. Sad
Guess have to found another way to buy Bitcoin first.

Yes. Currently we only accept Crypto payments.
Paypal and stripe do not support crypto mining hardware sales.
In around 2-3 weeks we will have credit card processing again.

Good thing that i ordered my mobo when paypal was working !! @octominer which all cryptos are you accepting ?
Both paypal and credit card payment has been remove....... and stripe refound my payment. Sad

Yes. Currently we only accept Crypto payments.
Paypal and stripe do not support crypto mining hardware sales.
In around 2-3 weeks we will have credit card processing again.
Activity: 2
how do you power the 7 powerful fans? i do not see enough fan headers on the motherboard. and server PSUs only have 6 pin connectors (no molex)

also, how does the motherboard get power? only from the 6-pin connectors? those are only 12v, what about the other required voltages (5v, 3.3v, etc) that are normally provided by the ATX 20/24pin connector? how is that handled?

third, is the power adapter to power an external SATA drive provided with the motherboard? sata drive needs 5v power, but that wont be present when using a server psu. so it would have to come from the motherboard.

Hey!
We ship our cases with a 6pin to 2x Molex adapter to power the fans.
The motherboard is powered by 6pin connectors, our motherboard is built to run on 12V. There is no need for 5V or 3.3V.
We include a special SATA power cable that gets 5V power from the motherboard.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
how do you power the 7 powerful fans? i do not see enough fan headers on the motherboard. and server PSUs only have 6 pin connectors (no molex)

also, how does the motherboard get power? only from the 6-pin connectors? those are only 12v, what about the other required voltages (5v, 3.3v, etc) that are normally provided by the ATX 20/24pin connector? how is that handled?

third, is the power adapter to power an external SATA drive provided with the motherboard? sata drive needs 5v power, but that wont be present when using a server psu. so it would have to come from the motherboard.

I would think they have a 12 to 5 volt conversion built into the board
Activity: 367
Merit: 34

Hello @philipma1957

I hope they do a testing with Intel® Core™ i7-8650U Processor very soon,
seems to be the fastest for this board.

Yours PanneKopp

Yes, we will make a board with the i7 8650u and i7 8550u to test and see how it works. If there is interest for it we can also mass produce a batch. Smiley
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
aka ...
Hello @philipma1957

I hope they do a testing with Intel® Core™ i7-8650U Processor very soon,
seems to be the fastest for this board.

Yours PanneKopp
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
Ordered one of their cases and an ssd for my board. Still waiting for it to ship. Hopefully it goes out today/tomorrow.
Ordered the mobo ram and PS. Cant wait for it to arrive!! thanks for answering everyones question so promptly

Thank you for the support.
We do our best to provide the best possible customer support and quality products.  Smiley
Activity: 1
Ordered the mobo ram and PS. Cant wait for it to arrive!! thanks for answering everyones question so promptly
My experience:

However - server PSUs have been nothing short of a nightmare. First PSU flashed a bright white on startup and didn't turn on again. Second PSU worked and I managed to mine equihash on HiveOS. But then I heard a loud SNAP, and found the PSU dead smelling of burnt plastic and hot to the touch. Tried the third PSU after, but it never even turned on. There is nothing abnormal about my house and I already had two rigs going.

There is a reason proper/real/genuine server psu`s have two letters on them - HP Smiley Do not buy Chinese junk. They are not real server psu`s, Chinese clones of HP products. Only buy real HP stuff, which will last you years to come and won`t risk your expensive gpu`s.

Our PSU's are solid also and we stand by our product quality.  Smiley Just an unfortunate mistake that happened.
The problem with the HP PSUs is that the breakout board quality can be really bad sometimes, I have seen photos where the breakout boards from parallelminer come with many defective and shorted solder points.
Activity: 129
Merit: 6
Long term HODLer since 2014
My experience:

Ordered 3 motherboards, 3 ram, and 3 server PSUs. Motherboards and ram were flawless. Installation was insanely easy. Literal plug and play save for a few bios modifications.

However - server PSUs have been nothing short of a nightmare. First PSU flashed a bright white on startup and didn't turn on again. Second PSU worked and I managed to mine equihash on HiveOS. But then I heard a loud SNAP, and found the PSU dead smelling of burnt plastic and hot to the touch. Tried the third PSU after, but it never even turned on. There is nothing abnormal about my house and I already had two rigs going.

Customer support has been nothing short of outstanding though and I have heard nothing but good things about Octominer. I think they just have a bad batch of Server PSUs that are either manufactured cheaply or have poor quality control. That would explain how their price is so low. Will be looking to get a refund for all of mine.

Yes, we had a problem with the server PSU. The factory that makes them for us made a big mistake, they have 2 versions. 1 version only works with 220V , the other version works both 110/220V, they mixed up some of the PSU and some % of the PSU that is supposed to be dual voltage 220/110V is actually just 220V. We are really mad about this with our PSU manufacturer and we are solving the problem at the moment. Don't worry though, it's just a fraction of the PSU and if your server PSU is running, it should keep running for a long time. Smiley Also the PSUs have protection circuitry inside, there is no way they can damage the GPUs.
We already have professional miners using our boards and server PSUS hat have 1000+ GPU farms and they are extremely satisfied with our products.

We 100% honor our warranty and if anybody has any issues, please contact us right away on Live chat or email and we will refund your order and send you a return shipping label for the defective PSU.

Thanks to everybody who has supported us and sorry about this issue!

@octominer I have a reliable electronics manufacturer (with strong R&D) that I recommend you use. They can manufacture the motherboards and PSU for you.

You can PM me if you want more info.
Activity: 210
My experience:

There is a reason proper/real/genuine server psu`s have two letters on them - HP Smiley Do not buy Chinese junk. They are not real server psu`s, Chinese clones of HP products. Only buy real HP stuff, which will last you years to come and won`t risk your expensive gpu`s.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
Small update.
We are accepting Credit Card payments now through Stripe Payments!

Okay I will buy one then.  Just a mobo.
I have a question  has anyone done 8x 1080tis  on this board?

Yes, many clients are running 1080ti's already. Temps stay around 65-68C if using inside our case with Delta fans.

Your case is not needed   I use waterblocks.

This is my 8 1080ti build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hZ0U1x_uZo

I can run  on a different mobo  but I am forced to use an ATX psu  and none are big enough. For me to run eight at 200 watts each.

I want to try your mobo.  My guess is it will suffer due to the low priced weak cpu you put in it.

I will run it in smos and compare it to this  mobo

I am not knocking your mobo  as it will allow me to use the 2400 watt delta  server psu  and that is a big plus.

I am knocking the weak cpu option only.
It truly would be nice if  it could have a better cpu as an option for power builds like I will do.
I will have 3 different 8x 1080ti builds on 3 different mobos  two will be using the 2400 watt delta psu (no longer available)
My first  8 slot builds  on 2 other mobos  both have flaws.

One  needs an atx  and there are no 2400 watt atx psu's  it also needs 1 short 1080ti
One has heat issues and can not run  8 cards via the pass through design it uses

both allow good cpus.

yours  looks to be good in every way but weak cpu.  I will test it out  when it arrives

Thanks for the feedback but so far nobody has complained about the CPU performance. People are happy about the low voltage and efficiency of the CPU. We already have professional miners using our boards that have 1000+ GPU farms. We had the intel 4415U CPU version also that we sold, but it was limited quantity only.

Your waterblock setup looks pretty sweet! I actually plan to build a test system with 8x 1080TI also with waterblocks.

can't charge
let me know when you fix it

a follow up I was able to buy a motherboard  for 224  ships march 10 -24

paypal  now seems to work.
Pages:
Jump to: