Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 23. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 8
just could not get windows to cooperate with more than two 1080ti's for some reason.  After several re-installation attempts I gave up and finally decided to try out simpleminer OS.   working fantastic so far with 5x 1080ti's and a 1050ti.   will probably fill the other slots with 1050ti since they need no external power

is anyone running more than 5 1080ti's with just the octominer ATX psu?   I ran out of 8pin connectors so I guess if I want to run more I need a second psu.   unless I dare try using 8pin splitters or molex->8pin adapters.. this seems like a bad idea.  thoughts anyone?

echoing previous comment, it would be great if I could fit 2 psu in this case and it were a couple inches deeper to accomodate longer cards.

temps are actually really good, hottest card 57c and I have all the 1080ti's in sequential slots.   they have never run so cool!

Yes, you would definetaly need 2 PSU if you plan to run 8X 1080 TI. If you undervolt and optimizer the 1080TI's then each will take around 200 WATTS, the motherboard with 7X delta fans will take a bit less than 200 WATTS. So you would need a minimum of 9X200W=1800W*1.2=2160W PSU (the 1.2 multiplier is for saftery, a PSU should never be run on it's max for long periods, should have atleast 20% overheard). If you plan to run the 1080TIs on stock settings then you would need a minimum of 2600W PSU.
Activity: 106
Merit: 0
1080ti is 250w (300w if you overclock), so 8 is 2kw..or 2.4kw. You'll need two power supplies
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
just could not get windows to cooperate with more than two 1080ti's for some reason.  After several re-installation attempts I gave up and finally decided to try out simpleminer OS.   working fantastic so far with 5x 1080ti's and a 1050ti.   will probably fill the other slots with 1050ti since they need no external power

is anyone running more than 5 1080ti's with just the octominer ATX psu?   I ran out of 8pin connectors so I guess if I want to run more I need a second psu.   unless I dare try using 8pin splitters or molex->8pin adapters.. this seems like a bad idea.  thoughts anyone?

echoing previous comment, it would be great if I could fit 2 psu in this case and it were a couple inches deeper to accomodate longer cards.

temps are actually really good, hottest card 57c and I have all the 1080ti's in sequential slots.   they have never run so cool!
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Octominer has yet to reply to my request for this information, so could someone who has this board please send me a simple drawing of its mounting hole locations.

Thanks!
Rich

I'll see if I can trace out the mounting holes with measurements. We'll be in the market for a frame if you can make one to fit this motherboard. Smiley
Activity: 7
got my chassis', motherboards, psu's etc. today.   I did not receive the 24-pin ATX jumper so I had to fashion one out of a paperclip.   Also, my ASUS Strix 1080ti's are too long to fit in the case with the fans installed.   I haven't tried my MSI Duke 1080tis but they are even longer I think so no chance.  Rather disappointed because I have quite a few 1080ti's I had planned to put in these cases but they are too long.     I do have some cards that will fit but going to have to figure something else out for my largest 1080 ti's

right now I'm just 'burning it in' with 2x 1080tis and a 1050ti installed.   The 1080tis are crammed up next to each other so I could see if there were heat issues.  So far, none - at 65% power the hottest card is 64c.  we'll see how it goes with all slots filled and in summer time

Yep. You really only have 11 inches to work with if you want to usr push pull fans. In addition to founders editions, the EVGA 1080ti SC and SC2 will fit. The Asus strix and EVGA FTW3 will not fit. My recommendations for improving the case are: make it 1-2 inches deeper so that more cards fit and widen/heighten it so that 2 atx psus fit.
Activity: 15
Made an unboxing if you guys are interested.

https://youtu.be/0CGA0PR4kpQ

Sorry for the low production value. Never made a YouTube video before. 😁
Activity: 512
Merit: 250
Octominer has yet to reply to my request for this information, so could someone who has this board please send me a simple drawing of its mounting hole locations.

Thanks!
Rich
Activity: 47
got my chassis', motherboards, psu's etc. today.   I did not receive the 24-pin ATX jumper so I had to fashion one out of a paperclip.   Also, my ASUS Strix 1080ti's are too long to fit in the case with the fans installed.   I haven't tried my MSI Duke 1080tis but they are even longer I think so no chance.  Rather disappointed because I have quite a few 1080ti's I had planned to put in these cases but they are too long.     I do have some cards that will fit but going to have to figure something else out for my largest 1080 ti's

right now I'm just 'burning it in' with 2x 1080tis and a 1050ti installed.   The 1080tis are crammed up next to each other so I could see if there were heat issues.  So far, none - at 65% power the hottest card is 64c.  we'll see how it goes with all slots filled and in summer time
2x 1080ti founders edition mining at 60C: https://imgur.com/gallery/WfWqh
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
The CPU fan spins at 100% making a high pitched sound louder than all my GPUs so is there a way to reduce it?
Is this not possible?
Planning to put 8x1080ti in mine. These are blower cards, so hoping they'll be ok? with 7 delta fans in the chassis, they should be...?

Yes, blower cards should actually work fine.  Smiley
What's the 4-pin header right beside the SATA connector?

That's for the SATA power cable. We include one with the motherboard.
Activity: 106
Planning to put 8x1080ti in mine. These are blower cards, so hoping they'll be ok? with 7 delta fans in the chassis, they should be...?
Activity: 74
What's the 4-pin header right beside the SATA connector?
Already looks too full with only 4 cards . . .

It's a bit packed but works perfectly fine with the case and the fans cooling. 8x 1060 will run around 55c in a 25-35C ambient environment.

octominer do you have the pin layout somewhere for the case you can upload?

The pin layout is printed on the motherboard, it's a bit tricky to spot it at first.
I added a photo of it.
Activity: 122

It's a bit packed but works perfectly fine with the case and the fans cooling. 8x 1060 will run around 55c in a 25-35C ambient environment.

octominer do you have the pin layout somewhere for the case you can upload?

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
https://imgur.com/gallery/YCEug

I have been very satisfied with my new board and case though I would note 2 issues that I have come across:

1. I needed to remove one exhaust fan in order to connect the video out on my first gpu, and

2. I cannot find the pin layout for the front panel of the case.

That being said, the price to value of this kit is very nice.
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
Well I know where my next riserless motherboards will be coming from! Based on what I've seen in this thread: responsive to questions + pushing to get shipments away before a major national holiday + shipping upgraded cpus because they are in stock rather than delaying the orders = great stuff!
Pages:
Jump to: