Pages:
Author

Topic: Octominer B8PLUS 8 PCIe Slot Mining Board (Motherboard, integrated CPU) - page 19. (Read 35234 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1
just could not get windows to cooperate with more than two 1080ti's for some reason.

what problem were you having? Mine works fine for a couple hours then locks up on desktop. Can't move mouse, rdp, nicehash disconnects.. i have to reset it... works a few hours then same thing again

We have not encountered the lockup issues ourself when testing. Can you let me know what PSU and GPU's you are running?
You can also try changing the following settings in BIOS :
Bios > Advanced tab > CSM configuration > set CSM to disabled > Back to top level of bios > Chipset tab > North Bridge Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Aperature Size > Set to 2048 > Save and reboot

Let me know of the results.

for me, I was using 1080tis with the octominer ATX psu.   I first installed Windows with just 1 card installed and everything was fine.  installed a couple more cards, everything was good.   then when I tried with 4 or 5 1080ti's and a 1050ti, windows was having trouble.   first it wouldn't recognize the additional cards.  then after a lot of reboots and re-installing nvidia drivers I managed to get it to see all 6 cards but windows was busted - when it booted it would just flicker the screen off and on roughly every 1 second, and any application or program you open would disappear when the screen blanked.

so then I thought windows was just trying to initialize all the cards and drivers so I let it sit like that for an hour and came back and it was still just flickering and unusable.  I tried re-installing windows several times, same results.  gave up and moved on to HiveOS, and I have had zero problems since.    
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I replaced the 7 deltas with gentle typhoons in order to make the rig suitable for in the house. I am currently running 2 1080ti founders editions, 2 1070ti founders editions and a 1070ti mini. Temps are 60 or below on all cards and the rig is pulling 880w at the wall. I am very happy with this setup now that the fans are quieter.

P.S. Octominer, please do not cut the cables on the deltas in future batches. I would have preferred to have the option of using pwm control rather than just a Molex connection.  I would also recommend a grill above or below the psu mounting location to provide for better air flow to the psu.

That looks like it. Now to figure out some measurements! awesome find thx.
Activity: 248
Merit: 8
just could not get windows to cooperate with more than two 1080ti's for some reason.

what problem were you having? Mine works fine for a couple hours then locks up on desktop. Can't move mouse, rdp, nicehash disconnects.. i have to reset it... works a few hours then same thing again

We have not encountered the lockup issues ourself when testing. Can you let me know what PSU and GPU's you are running?
Bios > Advanced tab > CSM configuration > set CSM to disabled > Back to top level of bios > Chipset tab > North Bridge Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Aperature Size > Set to 2048 > Save and reboot

no luck. also reinstalled windows and swapped cards. its doing it about every 10 mins now. Screen just freezes, no reboot, no errors. I have to cycle power

We contacted "bnoll84" regarding sending him a new replacement motherboard.
Activity: 5

no luck. also reinstalled windows and swapped cards. its doing it about every 10 mins now. Screen just freezes, no reboot, no errors. I have to cycle power
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
Any place other than direct from Octominer that you guys have seen the boards available. I know I can order the case from them as it’s in stock but debating as $275 is a good chunk for a case. Was gonna buy a Spotswood frame and use a rosewill l4500 but haven’t been able to get a response on whether he has them in stock. Any other good closed case options?
Spotswood, where do you order the material for building rig frames?

Could this be it?

https://8020.net/shop/20-2020.html

Yeah it does. I wonder where the best place to order in bulk is, or if its just these guys
Activity: 7
I replaced the 7 deltas with gentle typhoons in order to make the rig suitable for in the house. I am currently running 2 1080ti founders editions, 2 1070ti founders editions and a 1070ti mini. Temps are 60 or below on all cards and the rig is pulling 880w at the wall. I am very happy with this setup now that the fans are quieter.

P.S. Octominer, please do not cut the cables on the deltas in future batches. I would have preferred to have the option of using pwm control rather than just a Molex connection.  I would also recommend a grill above or below the psu mounting location to provide for better air flow to the psu.
Activity: 558
Merit: 194

Could this be it?

https://8020.net/shop/20-2020.html

Activity: 122
The Spotswood case looks good. I had one for my Gridseed miners many moons ago nice and easy to assemble.

I actually like my Octominer case but would definitely prefer the less noisy fans if it was an option in Feb batch
Activity: 25
Octominer has yet to reply to my request for this information, so could someone who has this board please send me a simple drawing of its mounting hole locations.

Thanks!
Rich

I'll see if I can trace out the mounting holes with measurements. We'll be in the market for a frame if you can make one to fit this motherboard. Smiley

I just sent you a pm with a tracing + measurements for the mounting holes.
Thank  you!  Coming soon...

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/mining/Octominer/Octominer%20w%20board%20angle.png

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/mining/Octominer/Octominer%20w%20rig.png

I was thinking of asking the same thing.
Octominer has yet to reply to my request for this information, so could someone who has this board please send me a simple drawing of its mounting hole locations.

Thanks!
Rich

I'll see if I can trace out the mounting holes with measurements. We'll be in the market for a frame if you can make one to fit this motherboard. Smiley

I just sent you a pm with a tracing + measurements for the mounting holes.
Thank  you!  Coming soon...

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/mining/Octominer/Octominer%20w%20board%20angle.png

http://www.spotswoodcomputercases.com/images/mining/Octominer/Octominer%20w%20rig.png

currently using an evga 1000w and 3 x 1080ti running at 65% power. i will try the bios settings as well as different cards tomorrow

OK, shouldn't be a power issue then.

currently using an evga 1000w and 3 x 1080ti running at 65% power. i will try the bios settings as well as different cards tomorrow

What size are the fans in the 4U case. I wish you could order the case without the fans and put some high cfm’s ones that run quieter like the Noctuas.

We will have a quieter fan option case also in March. We are still testing different fans to find the optimal ones for the quieter less powerful fan version.
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
What size are the fans in the 4U case. I wish you could order the case without the fans and put some high cfm’s ones that run quieter like the Noctuas.
Activity: 37
Is a box fan directly above gpu cards do the job. If I get the Spotswood frame how do you put fans on it?
I'm interested in placing an order for some boards, PSU's and cases. I've got a variety of GPU's including some ASUS STRIX 1080Ti's. I've seen people saying these will not fit with the stock case fans, would it be possible to mount the rear fans on the outside so longer cards would fit?
Activity: 35
Are the usb ports 3.0/3.1 or 2.0?
Pages:
Jump to: