Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 69. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

entertheabyss is another troll created to discredit Anoncoin

People need to understand the hierarchy and scope of the trolls infesting anc.

1) Through collusion, subversion or other means they own at least two anc devs apparently.
2) There are at least four full time people working on developing this scam.
3) A lot of money has been invested in suppressing the price. This was first done with throwaway miners. Most miners immediately sell an average of ~90% of the coins the mine. By cornering mining activities the anc manipulatiors are able to keep the price low yet still maintain longterm control when the price rises.
4) Almost certainly their plan involves several phases, each of which will feature an artificial price run up followed by a crash and increasing loss of confidence in the anc brand.
5) It still is not clear whether the group is a government entity trying to push people toward government created algorithms which have backdoors, like cryptonote, or if it is a private group of profiteers.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

entertheabyss is another troll created to discredit Anoncoin

People need to understand the hierarchy and scope of the trolls infesting anc.

1) Through collusion, subversion or other means they own at least two anc devs apparently.
2) There are at least four full time people working on developing this scam.
3) A lot of money has been invested in suppressing the price. This was first done with throwaway miners. Most miners immediately sell an average of ~90% of the coins the mine. By cornering mining activities the anc manipulatiors are able to keep the price low yet still maintain longterm control when the price rises.
4) Almost certainly their plan involves several phases, each of which will feature an artificial price run up followed by a crash and increasing loss of confidence in the anc brand.
5) It still is not clear whether the group is a government entity trying to push people toward government created algorithms which have backdoors, like cryptonote, or if it is a private group of profiteers.

Question: You are implementing Zerocoin. But from what? Zerocoin project was never finished, code does not exist? Or are you guys writing the code yourself, based of the Zerocoin white paper? Can you clarify? I made some ANC investments, but I need to have this clarified to be able to invest more.

The Zerocoin project was partially finished in the sense that researchers at JHU wrote a library called libzerocoin last year. I have used libzerocoin as a starting point though of course the white paper was essential for understanding it.

So far I have fixed bugs in libzerocoin (including a couple of very critical ones), and adapted it to support RSA UFOs (read the wiki page to see why it is necessary). This is all complete. The remaining work is to integrate libzerocoin into the Anoncoin wallet software, and this is currently in progress. All public commits are in https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/tree/zc though I am continuing development privately to avoid copy-cat coins.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100

its a fucking tragedy, anoncoin is doomed. gtfo this thead please. leave it to us bag holders

There's a huge difference between being a troll vs asking important questions when things go wrong.  If you want to blindly believe people then fine.

But I think it's important to know why the person in charge of implementing the "imminent" (dev's words) hardfork for myriad AuxPoW for the past month doesn't know what myriad AuxPoW is.  He said he would give an update in IRC but instead he asks "could someone check that maruyd coin or wtf it is".  That is a direct quote.

It has been a month of development and he is now just asking what it even is.  And you think I'm a troll for questioning what is going on? I'm just using common sense.

How can he be developing something he doesn’t even know about?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Question: You are implementing Zerocoin. But from what? Zerocoin project was never finished, code does not exist? Or are you guys writing the code yourself, based of the Zerocoin white paper? Can you clarify? I made some ANC investments, but I need to have this clarified to be able to invest more.

They are borrowing the credibility of the zerocoin project.

Everything else, the actual code, is original work.

If you look through the project you will see it has terminal flaws. It is not meant to succeed.

Who it is that takes a coin with the Anonymous symbol and deliberately discredits it is a mystery.
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
Activity: 700
Merit: 508

Sorry about quoting a troll but I am concerned by this chat log.  I thought Meeh has been working on an "imminent" hard fork for the past month or so but he doesn't even know how to spell myriad or what it even is?  What's been going on then?

its a fucking tragedy, anoncoin is doomed. gtfo this thead please. leave it to us bag holders

Sorry about quoting a troll but I am concerned by this chat log.  I thought Meeh has been working on an "imminent" hard fork for the past month or so but he doesn't even know how to spell myriad or what it even is?  What's been going on then?
One more thing about 0.8.5 bug. In wallet.cpp after line 745 (AddSupportingTransactions part) you should add 3 more lines:

else
                {
                    continue;

because if there was no else continue statement it can stores empty transaction,but else continue will prevent invalid vtxPrev coming in the wallet and already existing empty transactions from transmitting.

Consequently it will protect nodes from being banned

Thank you so much thunderjet and GroundRod for looking over the code! Hopefully the two errors in the code you pointed out will solve the transaction issues and cryptsy will allow anc deposits and withdrawals again.  But why is our code based off of 0.8.5 instead of the more updated 0.9.3?

Meeh is working on switching to 0.9.3 Smiley

In the meantime, I fixed this in the master branch by finding the commits to Bitcoin that fixed this and cherry-picking them:
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/c93e385af816503f6cd2ff61353d12a9121a86b5
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/de779467e43b4503f89d9b9ea063f745403b2528

thunderjet, is this what you had in mind?

That's great! Hopefully anc will be back on exchanges soon and the focus can go back to zerocoin.  What happened to the fork to AuxPoW myriad? Is Meeh still working on that or has that plan been postponed?
Activity: 175
Yes Gnosis that`s it .Switching to 0.9.3 is much better and faster solution than finding error by error in the code.

If this ends up being an ANC issue rather than a Cryptsy issue someone at Cryptsy deserves the most sincere apologies from the dev team. For months the dev team has blamed the exchange and used harsh words against them.
Activity: 916
Merit: 312
Yes Gnosis that`s it .Meeh switching to 0.9.3 is much better and faster solution than finding error by error in the code.
One more thing about 0.8.5 bug. In wallet.cpp after line 745 (AddSupportingTransactions part) you should add 3 more lines:

else
                {
                    continue;

because if there was no else continue statement it can stores empty transaction,but else continue will prevent invalid vtxPrev coming in the wallet and already existing empty transactions from transmitting.

Thank you so much thunderjet and GroundRod for looking over the code! Hopefully the two errors in the code you pointed out will solve the transaction issues and cryptsy will allow anc deposits and withdrawals again.  But why is our code based off of 0.8.5 instead of the more updated 0.9.3?

Meeh is working on switching to 0.9.3 Smiley

In the meantime, I fixed this in the master branch by finding the commits to Bitcoin that fixed this and cherry-picking them:
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/c93e385af816503f6cd2ff61353d12a9121a86b5
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/de779467e43b4503f89d9b9ea063f745403b2528

thunderjet, is this what you had in mind?

else
                {
                    continue;

else
                {
                    continue;

Thanks Gnosis for quick answer on mine previous question.Now I found something much more serious.In Bitcoin before v0.8.6 wallet.cpp code had one serious bug which allows relaying of invalid transactions.Error in code allowed insertion of empty transactions into vtxPrev which nasty consequence was that nodes whose transmitting such transactions were banned - causing shutdown parts of network, problems in nodes communications and acception of transactions.This bug was never fixed in Anoncoin wallet.cpp:

Bug is on wallet.cpp Line 850 of anoncoin code - if (!tx.IsCoinBase())  should be if (!tx.IsCoinBase() && !tx.vin.empty())

@thunderjet - Excellent find!  Spent allot of time in that RelayWalletTransaction(), convinced that was where the problem must be @.  My initial reaction here is that you've nailed it.  My experience is primarily with the 0.9.2+ codebase & there is significant differences between the two there, did not know that about 0.8.6.  We'll have to see what Gnosis thinks, but I'm really happy you pointed this out!

This is encouraging! I'll take a closer look when I wake up in ~9 hours.
Activity: 158
@thunderjet - Excellent find!  Spent allot of time in that RelayWalletTransaction(), convinced that was where the problem must be @.  My initial reaction here is that you've nailed it.  My experience is primarily with the 0.9.2+ codebase & there is significant differences between the two there, did not know that about 0.8.6.  We'll have to see what Gnosis thinks, but I'm really happy you pointed this out!

GR

I hope you both are right! It would be great news if we could put the wallet bugs behind us
Activity: 206

GR
Thanks Gnosis for quick answer on mine previous question.Now I found something much more serious.In Bitcoin before v0.8.6 wallet.cpp code had one serious bug which allows relaying of invalid transactions.Error in code allowed insertion of empty transactions into vtxPrev which nasty consequence was that nodes whose transmitting such transactions were banned - causing shutdown parts of network, problems in nodes communications and acception of transactions.This bug was never fixed in Anoncoin wallet.cpp:

Bug is on wallet.cpp Line 850 of anoncoin code - if (!tx.IsCoinBase())  should be if (!tx.IsCoinBase() && !tx.vin.empty())

Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
Glad to hear it. I for one really appreciate the effort you put in looking at the code. Thanks for sharing you opinions I feel a lot more optimistic about the coin now. Every little thing is encouraging.  Cheesy Cool

Cosign  Smiley
Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.
Glad to hear it. I for one really appreciate the effort you put in looking at the code. Thanks for sharing you opinions I feel a lot more optimistic about the coin now. Every little thing is encouraging.  Cheesy Cool

+1
Pages:
Jump to: