Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 88. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Man, the gobitgo guide for JohnTheRipper installation turned out to be much more work and hazzle than I thought. It stops at point 5.6 "nano Makefile" where what comes up is nowhere near the picture in the guide. So no closer to opening my wallet.

Walletrecoveryservices is building in temptation, but 1000 anc is a very stiff price  Cry
What is your problem? Send me a PM if its privat.

Forgot my password Sad Trying to install the cracker in a virtual machine.

You are almost there if you got to 5.6. When you use nano Makefile, did you scroll down the file to look for the correct section to edit? Even if you skip this step you will be able to run johntheripper with a single core which may be enough to crack it in a day or two if it is in fact just a typo.

Yeah, I scrolled down, but none of the things that was there in the guide-pic was there when I used nano makefile, so something must have gone wrong earlier on. Maybe I'll just run it on one core then Smiley There really is no reason to rush it.

Just went through the setup myself. Just replace nano Makefile with nano makefile.legacy to complete step 5.6. Seems there's been a couple of changes since the guide was written.
EDIT: Next up, run "./configure && make -s" instead of just "make".
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
Man, the gobitgo guide for JohnTheRipper installation turned out to be much more work and hazzle than I thought. It stops at point 5.6 "nano Makefile" where what comes up is nowhere near the picture in the guide. So no closer to opening my wallet.

Walletrecoveryservices is building in temptation, but 1000 anc is a very stiff price  Cry

You are almost there if you got to 5.6. When you use nano Makefile, did you scroll down the file to look for the correct section to edit? Even if you skip this step you will be able to run johntheripper with a single core which may be enough to crack it in a day or two if it is in fact just a typo.

Yeah, I scrolled down, but none of the things that was there in the guide-pic was there when I used nano makefile, so something must have gone wrong earlier on. Maybe I'll just run it on one core then Smiley There really is no reason to rush it.
Activity: 290

Walletrecoveryservices is building in temptation, but 1000 anc is a very stiff price  Cry

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Anyway - all the mistakes I did were really really stupid, I hope you have been as stupid as me. Did you try out most  varieties?
I often got confused with "I" and "l" and "C" and "c" or "o" "O" "0".

Troll stuff blah blah blah. Edited out stupid image.

Interesting article, you can tell me if you fit into this profile. This article say your psychopathic, narcissistic and a sadistic.. Interesting read especially for you, and anybody who is interested.  So An0njok3 are you psychopathic?

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

Do you have empathy for the chickens or fishes when you eat chicken nuggets or fish sticks?

Need I say more, I think you've just answered my question.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Anyway - all the mistakes I did were really really stupid, I hope you have been as stupid as me. Did you try out most  varieties?

Interesting article, you can tell me if you fit into this profile. This article say your psychopathic, narcissistic and a sadistic.. Interesting read especially for you, and anybody who is interested.  So An0njok3 are you psychopathic?

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

Do you have empathy for the chickens or fishes when you eat chicken nuggets or fish sticks?
Activity: 130
robinson5 (and stealth923 ?), unconfirmed transactions can happen with every coin (and this is unrelated to the bigger-than-100kb-transaction-size issue from the exchanges)
I'm not an expert so anyone feel free to correct, but there are at least 2 things you can do:

=====================
UNCONFIRMED TRANSACTIONS
What to do before saying Coin is broken
  Tongue
=====================
if your peers connexions are not good enough, transactions could be not well broadcasted. I think unconfirmed transactions are re-broadcasted regularly if you leave the wallet open (every 90 minutes ?). If this doesn't help, try the following:

1. Rescan while your wallet is shut down:
linux: 
Code:
anoncoin-qt -rescan
windows (I think, not sure):
Code:
anoncoin-qt.exe -rescan

If the transaction isn't broadcasted to other nodes, you may not be very connected to others, or not enough. It might really be a network/peers issue with your wallet/computer/firewall/ISP (?)
Do the following:

2. get your transaction id :
Run the wallet, and in the details, get to the unconfirmed transaction id, right click to get the transaction id. Then go to the console inside the wallet (help > debug window > console) and type this:
Code:
getrawtransaction

replace with the actual transaction ID you got previously in the wallet sent transactions details.

You will then get a very large number.
What you should do now is give that number to someone else who has his own anoncoin wallet well connected to network of peers, and let him broadcast the transaction for you, by going in his wallet console (help > debug window > console) and typing:

Code:
sendrawtransaction 02bf32c36565verylargenumbershortened

(the raw transaction is very bigger than this above Wink )

CONCLUSION
========
If and only if these methods didn't work, provide any error message and/or screenshots before saying the coin is broken please.

If you dont believe this can happen in other coins (even bitcoin), search for "darkcoin frozen transactions how to fix it".

Hope that helps...

Thanks so much alacast! I'll definitely ask him to rescan the transaction.  Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the coin was broken. I thought it was related to the 100kb problem and if it was happening to wallets as well it should be addressed asap because that would be really bad.  But if this is a normal thing that occasionally happens to all coins then that's great.  Once we switch the difficulty algo and hopefully fix the exchange issues we will have really good framework set for zerocoin in testnet.

Activity: 41
Anyway - all the mistakes I did were really really stupid, I hope you have been as stupid as me. Did you try out most  varieties?

http://www.graphics20.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Funny-Stupid-53.jpg
Activity: 298

Walletrecoveryservices did not charge 10% the last time : )
He just said It would be great to get him a coffee, the wallet was $1500 worth.

Bargain with him.

Anyway - all the mistakes I did were really really stupid, I hope you have been as stupid as me. Did you try out most  varieties?
Moon?

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9201188

Sad
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null

Moon?

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Good to see that meeh is alive

https://twitter.com/AnonCoinProject
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Here is an update before I sleep: I've been fixing some issues and general improvements to lay the groundwork for tomorrow. I'll catch up to schedule then.

Also, thanks Alacast for helping people help themselves. Smiley
Activity: 30
robinson5 (and stealth923 ?), unconfirmed transactions can happen with every coin (and this is unrelated to the bigger-than-100kb-transaction-size issue from the exchanges)
I'm not an expert so anyone feel free to correct, but there are at least 2 things you can do:

=====================
UNCONFIRMED TRANSACTIONS
What to do before saying Coin is broken
  Tongue
=====================
if your peers connexions are not good enough, transactions could be not well broadcasted. I think unconfirmed transactions are re-broadcasted regularly if you leave the wallet open (every 90 minutes ?). If this doesn't help, try the following:

1. Rescan while your wallet is shut down:
linux: 
Code:
anoncoin-qt -rescan
windows (I think, not sure):
Code:
anoncoin-qt.exe -rescan

If the transaction isn't broadcasted to other nodes, you may not be very connected to others, or not enough. It might really be a network/peers issue with your wallet/computer/firewall/ISP (?)
Do the following:

2. get your transaction id :
Run the wallet, and in the details, get to the unconfirmed transaction id, right click to get the transaction id. Then go to the console inside the wallet (help > debug window > console) and type this:
Code:
getrawtransaction

replace with the actual transaction ID you got previously in the wallet sent transactions details.

You will then get a very large number.
What you should do now is give that number to someone else who has his own anoncoin wallet well connected to network of peers, and let him broadcast the transaction for you, by going in his wallet console (help > debug window > console) and typing:

Code:
sendrawtransaction 02bf32c36565verylargenumbershortened

(the raw transaction is very bigger than this above Wink )

CONCLUSION
========
If and only if these methods didn't work, provide any error message and/or screenshots before saying the coin is broken please.

If you dont believe this can happen in other coins (even bitcoin), search for "darkcoin frozen transactions how to fix it".

Hope that helps...
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
There's a new king in the streets
I have to say, I am really concerned about people not being able to even transfer coins from one wallet to the other. When is this going to get fixed? Who cares about Zerocoin if you can't even make a transaction.

Tell me why I shouldn't be worried?

Yep my coins are stuck, at this stage the foundation of the coin is broken - I care not about ZeroCoin at this point.,..

I'm no expert on this but others here are and they need more information
ie: getinfo for example of your client

so, there's 3 non=propagated Xactions here ?

robinson5 1836307ef77ea6bb849491373b171d37d7e23f79ebe0b61a44285583572729c8
clyze 838e3b333ac6a64e5eed95c320bdee2ff2121dac170a634fbe498f739d2257c9

stealth923 - can you give your xaction id ?
Have you looked at darkcoin's procedure ? you should know where that is

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
I have to say, I am really concerned about people not being able to even transfer coins from one wallet to the other. When is this going to get fixed? Who cares about Zerocoin if you can't even make a transaction.

Yep my coins are stuck, at this stage the foundation of the coin is broken - I care not about ZeroCoin at this point.,..

I would rather they fork it to the multi aux pow first myself, that way at least the mining and normal TX problems would be over. I think most of us are realistic enough to know delays are inevitable with this sort of undertaking anyway. Basic anon is hard, Zerocoin has never even been done successfully before. Fix the foundation I say, let us mine, move coins around. Take whatever time they need with zerocoin. Those that believe can then mine, trade, and accumulate as desired.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Pages:
Jump to: