Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 84. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
This is fucked up. From an assured Oct 15th testnet, to a week delay, to a 2-3 month delay. There's really nothing I can say, very weird way of acting.

When the darkcoin dev made a few mistakes along the way, I always felt assured that he would pull through with results, since he had his real name and face out there since day 1 (and had been delivering actual results) . With gnosis it feels like he can just walk away from all this stuff if he decides to and no one can hold him accountable for it. If he feels the task is too big after all, all he needs to do is stop posting.

These "delays" are going on for around a year already.

Do not send any donations. As long as they receive donations they will pretend an activity "2 weeks" (TM). If gnosis was ever serious he would finish the coin long time ago and could become rich instantly from its repricing. But he is focused on cashing the donations only. Why is that?

If I was not serious about implementing Zerocoin, don't you think I would have cashed out my donations by now? Note that they haven't moved: http://ancblockchain.com/address/AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6

That is all I need to see, I just want it forked to the multi-algo POW in the short run so I can mine it. Best not to set timelines, and glad you are not cashing out and in it for the long haul.

It also should be mentioned that Gnosis never asked for donations, the donations was a community initiative.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
This is fucked up. From an assured Oct 15th testnet, to a week delay, to a 2-3 month delay. There's really nothing I can say, very weird way of acting.

When the darkcoin dev made a few mistakes along the way, I always felt assured that he would pull through with results, since he had his real name and face out there since day 1 (and had been delivering actual results) . With gnosis it feels like he can just walk away from all this stuff if he decides to and no one can hold him accountable for it. If he feels the task is too big after all, all he needs to do is stop posting.

Do not send any donations. As long as they receive donations they will pretend an activity "2 weeks" (TM). If gnosis was ever serious he would finish the coin long time ago and could become rich instantly from its repricing. But he is focused on cashing the donations only. Why is that?

If I was not serious about implementing Zerocoin, don't you think I would have cashed out my donations by now? Note that they haven't moved: http://ancblockchain.com/address/AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6

That is all I need to see, I just want it forked to the multi-algo POW in the short run so I can mine it. Best not to set timelines, and glad you are not cashing out and in it for the long haul.
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
Wake up and see this, fuck me Undecided

Good thing I haven't found that wallet password yet, no panicksell.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
WoW again,

I predicted, but haven't expect this..

@Kozi,   now you know what meeh mean by going down...

We can't blame gnosis, he could be paid for all this..
And unfortunately he have bonus from us, most of Kozi with donations.

Only guy who is responsible for this situation is meeh.

And ofc, we are responsible for our money.

We were at this price before 1-2 months? 
Nothing change, just few promises and tweets..

I'm not out of ANC,  in 9 months I lost 20% of coins, but not cash out any.

Just quick opinion of me for now, 
1st time not very happy with ANC.

Regards

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Should all the code be open source in Github if we are still 2-3 months away?

Is there anyone (hero member with a perfect reputation) that could maybe hold new donations in escrow as a reward for new developers to help Gnosis finish the project on a contingency basis (only getting paid upon completion)?

Gnosis, if someone were to help you, what would you need the most? Math experts? More programmers? Both? Can the remaining work easily be subdivided so multiple people can work on it at once?

I would say the math part has been easiest for me. It would really only take one other good C++ coder (especially one who's familiar with the Bitcoin/Anoncoin codebase) to speed this up a lot.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
I popped into this quote this morning, quite relevant:
In most things success depends on knowing how long it takes to succeed. - Charles de Montesquieu

Gnosis- has made progress on coding but i would leave the project management side to someone else... (no offense)

To the people freaking out about manipulation: note that it could be used both ways  Wink
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Should all the code be open source in Github if we are still 2-3 months away?

Is there anyone (hero member with a perfect reputation) that could maybe hold new donations in escrow as a reward for new developers to help Gnosis finish the project on a contingency basis (only getting paid upon completion)?

Gnosis, if someone were to help you, what would you need the most? Math experts? More programmers? Both? Can the remaining work easily be subdivided so multiple people can work on it at once?
WDL
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I am upset. Not so much because of the delay (delays are normal) but because I feel misled.

How could a 1 more week (before testnet) estimate possibly coincide with the 2-3 month estimate now?

Where is the hardfork difficulty fix that was "imminent"?

I tweeted based on these estimates and spent a lot of time contacting merchants, etc discussing Zerocoin. Now I feel like it will probably be harder to regain interest from these merchants because the time estimates I shared with them were off by a wide margin.

I think the community still want Gnosis to work as hard as possible to finish the project ASAP. However I would suggest we require a POD (proof of developer) before making any more donations to allow him to work full time past Nov 1st.

I am in favour of the suggestion.Gnosis should show his identity,otherwise he is difficult to get the trust.
Activity: 158
I am upset. Not so much because of the delay (delays are normal) but because I feel misled.

How could a 1 more week (before testnet) estimate possibly coincide with the 2-3 month estimate now?

Where is the hardfork difficulty fix that was "imminent"?

I tweeted based on these estimates and spent a lot of time contacting merchants, etc discussing Zerocoin. Now I feel like it will probably be harder to regain interest from these merchants because the time estimates I shared with them were off by a wide margin.

I think the community still want Gnosis to work as hard as possible to finish the project ASAP. However I would suggest we require a POD (proof of developer) before making any more donations to allow him to work full time past Nov 1st.

Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Wow...
just wow.

It's like with all the other coins, I am so disappointed in the DEV team, as well as Crypto in general.

It just hurts me, not only moneywise - but here I stand and can't believe in shit anymore what other people tell me.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
There will be a data dump in nov. One of the biggest yet. It details efforts to discredit the anonymous movement. Anoncoin is mentioned thousands of times in the small sections that have been reviewed so far. Can post a few gb early if you like.

What data? Please explain, and post.
Activity: 168
I think the reason a lot of us bought into it is because it was indicated that this implementation of Zero Coin would make it first -- being already on the market and "scheduled". Although it still may be the case, it looks like Zero Cash (the official implementation of zerocoin) will get there first. Even if ANC makes it -- who the fuck will trust them now with this kind of bi-polar behavior? Also zerocash is academic -- with real names behind it. Not zig and fucking zag.

Zero Cash:

Authors

Eli Ben-Sasson (Technion)
Alessandro Chiesa (MIT)
Christina Garman (Johns Hopkins University)
Matthew Green (Johns Hopkins University)
Ian Miers (Johns Hopkins University)
Eran Tromer (Tel Aviv University)
Madars Virza (MIT)
Sponsors

This work was supported by:

Amazon.com through an AWS in Education research grant
Broadcom Foundation and Tel Aviv University Authentication Initiative
Center for Science of Information (CSoI), an NSF Science and Technology Center, under grant agreement CCF-0939370
Check Point Institute for Information Security
U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) under contract FA8750-11-2-0211
European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement number 240258
Israeli Centers of Research Excellence I-CORE program (center 4/11)
Israeli Ministry of Science and Technology
The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust
Office of Naval Research under contract N00014-11-1-0470
Simons Foundation, with a Simons Award for Graduate Students in Theoretical Computer Science
Skolkovo Foundation under grant agreement dated 10/26/2011

Anoncoin:

Zig and fucking Zag.

Agreed. I was hopeful about Anoncoin beating them to the post but now it seems unlikely. There won't be any trust in ANC after today. The bots are out in force on Cryptsy but they won't save it from long term price decline.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
Is there enough good code here that other developers would pick up this project? Is there anyone out there who thinks ZC can be implemented?

Zerocash?
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
Is there enough good code here that other developers would pick up this project? Is there anyone out there who thinks ZC can be implemented?
Activity: 45
Unable to transfer ?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
So this is where I get even more impatient. CAN I GET A CLARIFICATION WHEN I WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS MY FUNDS? Is it going to take a day, two days, a week, a month?

Thanks Bittrex, for making me hold when the market is finding a bottom.
Conspiracies.

It was good and pumped already a week ago. Got any ideas about where one might find this 'bottom'?

I think we just found it

You are kidding right....the bottom is now zero.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
I'm just saying... a company's stock price depends on transparency

This is basically like releasing a quarterly report

contents: fuck you

stock: -90%

Lol @ myself for throwing some BTC at this at .0015, invest based on track record people

LMAO
Activity: 15
So this is where I get even more impatient. CAN I GET A CLARIFICATION WHEN I WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS MY FUNDS? Is it going to take a day, two days, a week, a month?

Thanks Bittrex, for making me hold when the market is finding a bottom.
Conspiracies.

It was good and pumped already a week ago. Got any ideas about where one might find this 'bottom'?

I think we just found it

Only 45k ANC have been dumped until now. In the next 24 hours, more whales will dump to avoid becoming the biggest bag holders of the crypto history.
Pages:
Jump to: