Pages:
Author

Topic: Official BlackCoin statement from CryptoRush - Very shocking information - page 3. (Read 58907 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Batcoin back up and trading, I guess. One of my trades is processing even though it's 2nd in the queue.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
maintenance: hunter, black, spaincoin) ,offline : industry, MacroCoin,burbucoin, 42coin, bat, beer, topcoin Vegascoin ZeitCoin
Is there any way that cryptorush.in will be alive again?

I mean - website is alive right now but there's so much mess over there with balances and stuff + BTC can't be withdrawn, that for most of the users it is dead already.

Markets (wallets offline) beer, black, hunter,Industry,spain, Topcoin
Spaincoin says maintenance, I had coins in there and I don't know if I can get them out.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Is there any way that cryptorush.in will be alive again?

I mean - website is alive right now but there's so much mess over there with balances and stuff + BTC can't be withdrawn, that for most of the users it is dead already.
In other news, Aur was sold by Criptorush (they sold peoples money they had on site for btc themselves) and now they don't even show Aur on their site. I checked the pot/Aur then for Aur/btc.

AUR/POT is Currently Disabled or has been Removed!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Coming late to this party but I finally saw the OP.

Um.

Why are you relying on the wallet's code for accounting? Every single wallet works differently. I was running auditing today, because OUR INTERNAL ACCOUNTING did not match some wallet balances.

POPcoin? The move command worked sometimes, and not others. One wallet was short 5 satoshi. I went to fix it, and nothing happened. Four times.

FedoraCoin? The internal accounting is COMPLETELY borked. It doesnt work at all. We had withdrawals fail because the user had 10k fedora, and the wallet said 3600. We checked internal accounting - yeah - they had 10k. Why did the wallet say 3600? They DEPOSITED 4400. They bought about 5k. They withdrew 3k. And the final balance? 3600. WTF? Internal accounting matched up. FedoraCoin wallet accounting? Completely FUBAR.

And, Blackcoin... well... thats a whole 'nother story.

Referencing the wallet accounting? Sure. For the coins that work it's a good doublecheck. RELYING on it and USING it as the ONLY method of accounting?

Wow. Just wow.

I caught up with ‘DogeyMcDoge’ in the #Potcoin IRC channel earlier tonight.  He agreed to chat with Coin Joint about the his recent leaking of information on the Cryptorush hack, the security of exchanges, and the future of cryptocoins.

First of all, regarding the Cryptorush hack, do they have any indication how the coins were actually stolen? Was it a brute force attempt, or possibly someone internally?

The original coins?

Yeah

Let me see if I can find the logs

Alright

<@!ncLinkandzelda> if you guys want to know how it happened, we setup a gitbuh repo in public_html about 2 weeks ago, it had some config files in it. repo online was private on bitbucket. a lucky guy exploited the .git folder and brute forced the objects folder to gain access. he then logged right in and took the money and left. we’ve got full blockchain evidence and transaction IDs of the money moving, we also made contact with the hacker and his mo.

Had to search logs

Would you be able to explain what that means in more general terms?  To someone who is not a dev or familiar with git repos.

I’m not a dev myself, as I just did support, but a git repo is basically a space online where you can post code for a project, either open source, or private, in order to ease collaboration between developers. That is my understanding.

By nature do they have to keep the wallet unlocked to serve as a ‘hot wallet’ like that? Or is this the mark of a poorly designed schema where they had no encryption on the private key?

I can’t comment on that, as I do not know the specifics of how to code an exchange.

Devianttwo commented in IRC about how they believe the person accessed their server where the wallet was stored and dumped the key to it

I liked the train analogy you gave, I had not heard that before.  I think it’s admirable and also courageous to do what you’ve done.  Can you share any more thoughts on the leak and your thought process when you went public with it?

I want to make it clear to everyone that I am very aware of the situation that I put the developers in, and if legal action were to be taken, I would myself be under fire as well. Holding that information from the users and even helping advise the owners on ways to regain BTC makes me an accomplice. When volumes were higher on our site I thought that the developers may be able to cover the loss with fees, but once I was certain they would not be able to do that, I had to let the users know.

If only there were a legal recourse for the users to take.  As far as I know, the Cryptorush owners are not publicly known, is that correct?

I do not know how laws work regarding crypto currency exchanges, but there have already been people who have found the full names of at least the two developers.

I would imagine there has been a mass exodus of users and withdrawals.  At this point, wouldn’t they be better off re-branding and starting over?

I think user loyalty and confidence is definitely at an all time low with CryptoRush users. It’s a gamble, and only time will tell if they will be able to restore user faith and gain traction again.

Are there any particular exchanges you think have a bright future, based on what you’ve seen from cryptorush?

I think any exchange that is transparent, that has developers with experience and past proven projects, and even gives their name to the public will likely be an exchange that I would be willing to do business with.

Where do you see the future of all of these cryptocoins.  Will we start to see a slow down in the release of new coins being added to exchanges?

I think new coins will pop up daily. But I think coins that implement new technologies will be the ones to gain market cap ultimately.

It was nice seeing you by chance in the #Potcoin channel.  Is that a coin you have a particular fondness for? On/off the record Wink

I take interest in various coins, I joined the #potcoin IRC channel after a few Reddit users tipped me some on the initial thread. I am also currently holding Doge and Blackcoin. I think Doge has a great community, especially when it comes to crowdfunding, and Blackcoin interested me because it had 0% premine, 1% annual inflation, and relatively short Proof of Stake mature times. Then the community started a multipool that paid out in Blackcoin, and I think the community there is great.

What’s next for DogeyMcDoge?  Are other exchanges reaching out?

I cannot speak on specifics, however I have had some crypto community members reach out to me and offer me various positions in their current or upcoming projects.

Note: If past or previous owners of CryptoRush would like to share their side of the story. We would be more than happy to publish a comment or interview with you personally in the interest of remaining fair and unbiased in the development of this story.
http://coinjoint.info/interview-dogeymcdoge-cryptorush/
Activity: 168
REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish
SEE my POST page 24  Wink
Activity: 85
Cryptorush is dead to me.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Hello, in 26 march i send 199000 FOX coins from adress x35arsiGkDCyGa1LhqfiBpd3bq2rmbdaws to cryptorush deposit adress : wtRRDoj8zdri3VXMbbnUPbexxZrMiApZbv.
And i still didnt recived my coins.
What can i do?

They don't even start with the same letter...
Activity: 168
REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish
Anybody that take care of his coins shouldn't trade on CRYPTORUSH. Newbies be aware. I know you want to sell some altcoins but consider what happened to cryptorush users and just like mining, do not place more coins on cryptorush that you can afford to lose. As they seems to be on the way of insolvency, as they are the favorites for being the new Gox bubble, I think they cheat with the markets. I have many pics that shows failures or stranger things. Here, as an exemple you can see my buy orders at 2 satoshis, order 7 and 6 partially sold, order 5 is entire. How is it possible outta an insider operation ? There is a queue whatever they can pretend about new features, there at least WAS a queue.

They pretend from 3 to 8 times a day they are under ddos attack. Some days ago one day before the huge failure they pretended it for hours. I had an access to the site and was placing orders. When I reported I was placing orders they asked me to stop. They asked me to stop and pretended yhey had no acces. What a joke ...

I noticed unusual dump activities on 2(1 at the beginning) markets I reported it on twitter.

They NEVER answered to me. Everytime I reported something to a pool or an exchange they answered and questioned me. But Cryptorush never cared about my message. There is an obvious reason why an exchange doesn't care about informations related to a hack of their website.Only one reason !

BONUS

I have more strange pictures.

Go to cryptsy, mintpal, atomic-trades, maybe c-cex, I didn't use the others. OR PRAY FOR BEING LUCKY.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hello, in 26 march i send 199000 FOX coins from adress x35arsiGkDCyGa1LhqfiBpd3bq2rmbdaws to cryptorush deposit adress : wtRRDoj8zdri3VXMbbnUPbexxZrMiApZbv.
And i still didnt recived my coins.
What can i do?
I want to know what the real story is behind their apparently bullshit deal with FistAKitten where they said he paid them 500k. What was the point of that? Was it just to make people think the crs shares were more valuable than they were? Did he pay them anything at all?

Not many people really know and the ones that really do are not telling atm or if they at least are saying he did pay, there is no receipts presented to document this that have come about.
Activity: 182
I want to know what the real story is behind their apparently bullshit deal with FistAKitten where they said he paid them 500k. What was the point of that? Was it just to make people think the crs shares were more valuable than they were? Did he pay them anything at all?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
SpainCoin.org

People who held SpainCoin at CR are also concerned that SpainCoin has been under maintenance since the BlackCoin issue. If they have been selling deposits in other currencies to have some BTC liquidity, they might not have all the SpainCoins that were deposited.

I've tried contacting them repeatedly through IRC (no exchange makes me contact them through IRC but them btw. I have email addresses for all others). The only reply I got was some support staff saying their devs are "evidently" working on it. As if we should suck it up and shut up til an insolvent exchange decides to give people the privilege of withdrawing their few coins.
I don't understand a lot of what you just said because the wording is strange.

They originally said a large amount of btc AND ltc were stolen by a hacker originating from the Ukraine. That was one of the first "leaks."

Since then, they apparently have tried many methods to replenish the btc. What I am asking is, does this latest leak imply that they sold maza, potcoin, and aur which belonged to members or did they only tap into their own stash of it? I ask because if they sold what belonged to members, then the maza, potcoin, and aur markets on cryptorush may also be insolvent.

I tried to clean it up some for you, hopefully its easier to read now, but in short, yes members coins they more than likely sold and re-read my post above to see why I think this.
I don't understand a lot of what you just said because the wording is strange.

They originally said a large amount of btc AND ltc were stolen by a hacker originating from the Ukraine. That was one of the first "leaks."

Since then, they apparently have tried many methods to replenish the btc. What I am asking is, does this latest leak imply that they sold maza, potcoin, and aur which belonged to members or did they only tap into their own stash of it? I ask because if they sold what belonged to members, then the maza, potcoin, and aur markets on cryptorush may also be insolvent.
when they say "they sold some of the site balance" of aur, potcoin, and maza, does that mean they sold excess that they had generated through trading fees, or they made those three markets insolvent?

I have not been able to withdraw goatcoin for a few days so maybe they liberated some goatcoins as well...
they had 0 btc (and have added some to have some not after the others were sold/stolen/whatever and were still ----->, were negative 2709 ltc, were 4896645 negative pot but still had 2662240. Other figures that are not on the chart below I don't have , so it is possible more btc they added came from selling maza and aur. These were not all generated through trading fees as I find it hard to believe they would generate 2079 litecoin & 4,896,645 pot fees total

pic below:
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FsfhgQgV.png%3F1&t=538&c=g_xa3vuksgzorg

The only good thing they have is volume/people using site. I hope the situation looks better soon as they have not made any official announcements about the leaked docs.

Now if they were to start going Gox route such as in the past Gox btc were about $80-100 and sometimes a little more money (higher cost for btc) than other exchanges for a good while. Then Gox bought btc cheaper on other exchanges and put them on their exchange making lots of extra cash. Later very soon before they closed up they were trying to rake in as much more money as possible so they were selling 1 full btc for as low as $91.5 and I think I seen it at $58 a short time there but was not very long. The other exchanges stil had say $400-$500 range prices. This was just Gox trying to get as much more money to steal from ppl before shutting down; after all they were not even giving ppl their bitcoins from higher buys before for a long time.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2100100/mt-gox-bitcoin-price-falls-below-100.html What I am saying is that until more official notice/etc I would not have a large amount of coins in there. I do have some stuck in there but its not very much that I could not get back in a day or 2 from mining, although I still don't want to loose them but it wouldn't be a life changing loss.

I know lots of people in general bought bitcoins from gox thinking they were going to be rich as they bought hundreds of dollars worth when they were cheap, only to not ever get their coins. Kind of like
Ocean front property (in Arizona) they bought http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNlMzNUDM8s

What I am saying is that until more official notice/etc I would not have a large amount of coins in there. I do have some stuck in there but its not very much that I could not get back in a day or 2 from mining, although I still don't want to loose them but it wouldn't be a life changing loss.
Activity: 66
Good news wish things become better. Shocked
when they say "they sold some of the site balance" of aur, potcoin, and maza, does that mean they sold excess that they had generated through trading fees, or they made those three markets insolvent?

I have not been able to withdraw goatcoin for a few days so maybe they liberated some goatcoins as well...
Pages:
Jump to: