Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 63. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
your router should be able to assign different ip for both, check it is in dhcp mode

Thanks, it's in dhcp mode. I did get it to work after multiple reboots of all hardware involved but oddly my network map is only showing one. I can see they are both online and working at the moment I'll continue to monitor.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Hello jstefanop, quick question:

I just had situation with one pool, where I was temp-banned because I generated lots of rejected shares (it was MiningRentals, rental order gave me wrong settings). My Apollo was disconnected, and it started mining on backup pool. But after some time, it did not returned to main pool, despite temp-ban being lifted and I could just mine there easily.

So, question is, At default settings, will bfgminer continuously try to reconnect to main pool? If not, how I can change that in bfgminer.conf?
Activity: 15
Hiya,

mine arrived this morning (France). 85$ for FedEx Express!  Huh
By the way, SD card (SanDisk Extreme 64 Gb) inserted:

https://i.imgur.com/QqQMIiN.jpg

Short for the ATX PSU:

https://i.imgur.com/w5YR0zJ.jpg

Quickly booted:

https://i.imgur.com/DNLZXrQ.jpg

131W at the wall:

https://i.imgur.com/8Youwcs.jpg

Nice work @jstefanop!
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Wired/Wireless have different MACs, they currently wont both work together though...if you have ethernet plugged in wireless wont work(so after wireless setup you should reboot then remove ethernet).
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
your router should be able to assign different ip for both, check it is in dhcp mode
Thanks all for the help, here's an update....

After hours of trying and failing I gave up. Miners sat turned off for over 48 hours as I was out of town. Came home and powered one up and it worked. No idea why. Got the second one working too. I did nothing different. I'm stumped but happy they are working. At the moment I can only get one to run at a time as they're interfering with each other on the network. I'll work on that next.

As was mentioned a few times the wireless is still buggy from the driver if you are using wireless. I had one wired and one wireless but they were still stepping on each other. Now I have them both hard wired to ethernet and so far working great.

Is there any way to disable the wireless all together? It appears to me part of the issue with wireless is it has the same MAC address as the hard wired. I'm not positive but I thought these considered different as far as MAC addressees go?

I'm using a wired connection only. I haven't tried wireless yet. I haven't been able to get both working at the same time though.
Activity: 91
Merit: 2

After hours of trying and failing I gave up. Miners sat turned off for over 48 hours as I was out of town. Came home and powered one up and it worked. No idea why. Got the second one working too. I did nothing different. I'm stumped but happy they are working. At the moment I can only get one to run at a time as they're interfering with each other on the network. I'll work on that next.

As was mentioned a few times the wireless is still buggy from the driver if you are using wireless. I had one wired and one wireless but they were still stepping on each other. Now I have them both hard wired to ethernet and so far working great.

Is there any way to disable the wireless all together? It appears to me part of the issue with wireless is it has the same MAC address as the hard wired. I'm not positive but I thought these considered different as far as MAC addressees go?

legendary
Tried a be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600W PSU but so far no luck getting the Apollo going.
Connected pins so it can start and PSU fan starts spinning. LAN-port leds turn on (orange, green) and the Apollo fan starts with a few spins but stops immediately, no front led light.
It will do this every time when PSU turns on so seems like some kind of protection from the PSU that shut its off. Maybe somebody has a better idea or experience?
With the Apollo attached and pins connected should normally be enough?
If nothing works I might just get one of the PSUs that seemed to work for others.

Do the LAN port LEDs flash a few times? If they come on and stay on that means its not booting from SD card (when it boots properly the LAN LEDs will flash a few times).

If they don't flash that means either your using an incompatible SD card, or something went wrong with your SD card image download/flash.

Ok, leds do stay on but don't blink. I'll try writing sd cards again without using dd. Tried both a 32 Gb and 64 Gb sandisk extreme plus, but both created in the same way with dd so makes sense to try different way or even using cheaper different card. Thanks, I'll report back.

Yea just use etcher it’s easy and gets the job done. You might be writing to a partition with dd and not the whole disk.
Activity: 5
Quick check-in from a mining newbie.

From SD card flash to mining steadily took me about 25 minutes.

Running smoothly and averaging the expected 101 Mh/s for about 15 hours now on litecoinpool.

Lights flashing a nice Christmas-y red and green.

Set the fan to 15% which seems to cool it a lot better than the variable speed, and keeps it at a tolerable noise level for the den.

Only issue so far has been getting the HDMI cable to clip into the Apollo.

Happy to be a part of the home mining community!! Grin

There is no hdmi port on the Apollo...

derp; ethernet  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Okay

Yeah cut and paste does not work a real P.I.T.A.

I did a youtube video shows 1 L3+ and 1 Apollo running nice and quiet hooked up to a high end cosair

loading really slow sorry for delay.

at: https://youtu.be/x6EjibK9Ot8

You have 10% HW errors there?  Shocked (I did not watch whole video, but seen it throughout the clip)

I clearly explained  why the hw was at 10% and that it drops over time.

But you did not bother to watch the video.

here it is right now  errors are down to 0.5%  from the initial 10%  which was said clearly in the video.
 that is after first 8 minutes when errors were about 10% see video

After  14 hours time errors = 0.5% see screenshot photo taken right now
legendary

Running smoothly and averaging the expected 101 Mh/s for about 15 hours now on litecoinpool.

Set the fan to 15% which seems to cool it a lot better than the variable speed, and keeps it at a tolerable noise level for the den.

There is no hdmi port on the Apollo...
Activity: 5

Activity: 6
Tried a be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600W PSU but so far no luck getting the Apollo going.
Connected pins so it can start and PSU fan starts spinning. LAN-port leds turn on (orange, green) and the Apollo fan starts with a few spins but stops immediately, no front led light.
It will do this every time when PSU turns on so seems like some kind of protection from the PSU that shut its off. Maybe somebody has a better idea or experience?
If nothing works I might just get one of the PSUs that seemed to work for others.

Do the LAN port LEDs flash a few times? If they come on and stay on that means its not booting from SD card (when it boots properly the LAN LEDs will flash a few times).

If they don't flash that means either your using an incompatible SD card, or something went wrong with your SD card image download/flash.

Ok, leds do stay on but don't blink. I'll try writing sd cards again without using dd. Tried both a 32 Gb and 64 Gb sandisk extreme plus, but both created in the same way with dd so makes sense to try different way or even using cheaper different card. Thanks, I'll report back.
Okay

I did a youtube video shows 1 L3+ and 1 Apollo running nice and quiet hooked up to a high end cosair

You have 10% HW errors there?  Shocked (I did not watch whole video, but seen it throughout the clip)
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Okay

Yea most of this stuff is on my bug list / to-do.

Wifi is very hit or miss with the current driver for the wifi chip...were trying to get a stable driver going from the vendor.

My test units work fine in a simple b/g network at home...but in my office with dozens of networks/mixed mode stations etc the wifi driver chokes and crashes all the time.

I've managed to have Apollo on WiFi on mixed 2.4/5 GHz (g+n / ac) network, same SSID for both of frequencies. I am not sure which frequency was Apollo using at that time, but it was stable. Now I switched to ethernet though.
It's a matter of polishing driver I am sure this hardware could work for months without any interruption on any WiFi providing signal is strong enough, fingers crossed for its development Smiley
legendary
Bug report:

https://imgur.com/a/6szEf9o

Arrows up and down don't work (tested on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). I can't change priorities in pool order.

Also, it's not possible to EDIT entries. These fields here are just greyed out display fields, not text entry fields.

If I want to edit the main pool, for example, I need to delete all of them and enter them all again in the correct order.

I believe something is messed up between UI and backend, because if you delete one pool, the backend often deletes another pool (not the one you clicked to delete). Might be that sometimes there are entries in the database with the same number in the 'index' field.

I also dislike that you can't edit them (nor can't copy-paste the entries), not even directly in the apollo itself - the only way I found is mounting the apollo disk via sshfs and running sqliteman against the db in /opt/apolloapi/. This was for me necessary since at some point after some trying to shuffle, re-add, delete from the UI I suddenly got litecoinpool and a multipool running in parallel which made the apollo freak-out pretty much.

On the positive side I finally managed to run them stable against a multipool, since 24hrs stable at 100MHs with ~1.6-1.9% errors. If you want to mine on profit switching pools / multipools, make sure you do not have a backup pool configured (unlike cgminer, bfgminer seemingly requires primary and failover pool to run on the same coin/network). For mine I also set the fans to 45% resulting in 56-58°C.

Worth mentioning is also the fact that these are the first miners in my hands that are IPv6 capable, according to bfgminer release notes this should allow the apollo to connect to pools via IPv6 and for later releases to allow full nodes to run dual-stack which gives much more connections to the coind.

However the Wifi doesn't work for me (tested just for fun, don't need it), I have 2 wireless networks (WPA2-PSK only) that the apollos should see but only saw them once upon "scan" and that was after the first boot of the image, since then I don't see them anymore on both apollos (and not even the dozen or so neighbouring WiFis that my notebook sees from the same location).

Yea most of this stuff is on my bug list / to-do.

Wifi is very hit or miss with the current driver for the wifi chip...were trying to get a stable driver going from the vendor.

My test units work fine in a simple b/g network at home...but in my office with dozens of networks/mixed mode stations etc the wifi driver chokes and crashes all the time.
legendary

Activity: 6
Pages:
Jump to: