Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 66. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 2
About micro SD cards. I'm using, by 6 days miner uptime and zero problems:

- 16 GB Kingston HC I 1 Class 10

- 32 GB TEAMGROUP HC I 1 Class 10 
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'

Ive been using the Microcenter cards for a few weeks now so don't think its that. Could be a bad controller then. Just let me know when you can send it over and ill figure out what it is.
Micro Center SD cards are notoriously bad for this type of application. I tried on several occasions to use them for different Raspberry Pi projects, but I always had weird unexplained errors.

For example, I recently built a mining controller using a Micro Center 32gb SD card with a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B for my Moonlander 2 devices and the Raspberry Pi would have random kernel panics about once every 12 hours. I eliminated those issues by swapping out for a SanDisk card.

The PNY card is now just under 22 hours and still going strong.
Moral of the story....If you buy a $250+ miner don't use the free SD cards.

-Dave

Good to know it was just an SD card issue.

Probably a good idea to post the model and size of SD cards you guys are using. Ill eventually add a working Micro SD card list when I get my full guide up.

Has anyone got a 128GB card to work yet?

no my samsung 128gb is now running my rasp pi for my avalon a921

I am using a samsung 32gb card
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388

Ive been using the Microcenter cards for a few weeks now so don't think its that. Could be a bad controller then. Just let me know when you can send it over and ill figure out what it is.
Micro Center SD cards are notoriously bad for this type of application. I tried on several occasions to use them for different Raspberry Pi projects, but I always had weird unexplained errors.

For example, I recently built a mining controller using a Micro Center 32gb SD card with a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B for my Moonlander 2 devices and the Raspberry Pi would have random kernel panics about once every 12 hours. I eliminated those issues by swapping out for a SanDisk card.

-Dave

Good to know it was just an SD card issue.

Probably a good idea to post the model and size of SD cards you guys are using. Ill eventually add a working Micro SD card list when I get my full guide up.

Has anyone got a 128GB card to work yet?
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
hi

sorted images out, how do you get pic's on this site cant remember

odd the site is reporting 110.28 MH hash rate, also got 3 x moonlanders pointed there, which is normally about 14MH

Did this work?

Mining Gulden at multipool.us works fine with the Apollo
https://www.multipool.us/dashboard/pool/nlg
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange

-Dave
legendary
Hi

been running for 2 hrs at pool roughly the same 43Mhz

did get it working at nichash at about 85Mhz, but for some reason stopped last night and still showing status unknown ...? so repointed at Coinpool again
may change again to litecoinpool see if it runs stable for a few day's

changed it to litecoinpool and running as expected

yea that pool is doing something non-standard, I would contact their support. Ill have more time to look at pool issues myself after the holidays.
legendary
I've built Apollo security camera system. My apollo now watches over my front door. All motion is recorded to AVI files.
I've expanded original filesystem and now I've got 15GB of storage space free for recordings. I am using USB Logitech camera plugged in to Apollo.

Mining is not affected, in fact, putting my miners there in this space above front porch (accessible only via hole in ceiling and ladder) made temperatures lower.

Cost of IP camera with recorder + storage in retail sale could go to hundreds of pounds
I've built my setup here for free, excluding Apollo I already had, and USB webcam I've been given for free. Later on I will add e-mail notifications and Dropbox uploads, also cycling through old footage so I don't ever run out of space, and AC power relay so it turns light outside on automatically when movement is detected and turns it off 60s after no movement.

Jstefanop, does Orange Pi Zero have any GPIO pins like raspberry pi? To control power relay? I haven't opened the case of Apollo yet so I don't know what is on the other side of the board Smiley

Happy days!

https://imgur.com/a/m1uWQex

Second miner is sitting there waiting for ideas. Maybe Litecoin full-node + Lightning? Or Bitcoin LN node with extra storage for full blockchain? Smiley

haha awesome, yes it does but all the pins are used for miner control.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
I've built Apollo security camera system. My apollo now watches over my front door. All motion is recorded to AVI files.
I've expanded original filesystem and now I've got 15GB of storage space free for recordings. I am using USB Logitech camera plugged in to Apollo.

Mining is not affected, in fact, putting my miners there in this space above front porch (accessible only via hole in ceiling and ladder) made temperatures lower.

Cost of IP camera with recorder + storage in retail sale could go to hundreds of pounds
I've built my setup here for free, excluding Apollo I already had, and USB webcam I've been given for free. Later on I will add e-mail notifications and Dropbox uploads, also cycling through old footage so I don't ever run out of space, and AC power relay so it turns light outside on automatically when movement is detected and turns it off 60s after no movement.

Jstefanop, does Orange Pi Zero have any GPIO pins like raspberry pi? To control power relay? I haven't opened the case of Apollo yet so I don't know what is on the other side of the board Smiley

Happy days!

https://imgur.com/a/m1uWQex

Second miner is sitting there waiting for ideas. Maybe Litecoin full-node + Lightning? Or Bitcoin LN node with extra storage for full blockchain? Smiley
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
Hi

been running for 2 hrs at pool roughly the same 43Mhz
https://i.postimg.cc/RZDrYrm5/coinpool-nl-2.jpg

did get it working at nichash at about 85Mhz, but for some reason stopped last night and still showing status unknown ...? so repointed at Coinpool again
may change again to litecoinpool see if it runs stable for a few day's

changed it to litecoinpool and running as expected
https://i.postimg.cc/QCYm18bY/litecoin.jpg
Activity: 578
Merit: 501

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Two week update:
It's been 14 full days since last apollo reboot. In the attached pic is the Apollo dashboard and the stats from litecoinpool including my seven moonlanders. The moonlander stats were reset in May or June. In the last two weeks, the Apollo Mined 0.1384 LTC in eco mode. Discarded/stale shares don't mean anything as stated above.

This thing is rock solid and quiet. Only need one of the six pin connectors for eco. I'm running it off an HP server 90%+ PSU w/ breakout board. I have a kill-a-watt coming and will report the power usage later on.

apollo dashboard/litecoinpool screenshots:
https://i.postimg.cc/6Q6XdFDT/2-weeks.jpg
legendary
Two week update:
It's been 14 full days since last apollo reboot. In the attached pic is the Apollo dashboard and the stats from litecoinpool including my seven moonlanders. The moonlander stats were reset in May or June. In the last two weeks, the Apollo Mined 0.1384 LTC in eco mode. Discarded/stale shares don't mean anything as stated above.

This thing is rock solid and quiet. Only need one of the six pin connectors for eco. I'm running it off an HP server 90%+ PSU w/ breakout board. I have a kill-a-watt coming and will report the power usage later on.

apollo dashboard/litecoinpool screenshots:

That’s impressive, don’t think I have run one for more than a week straight. At least I know there are no bad memory leaks or crash bugs!
legendary
Apollo arrived by Fed Ex two days earlier than expected.  Is up and running fine so far, but I have one question.
I am using a Seasonic Focus 550W PSU.  There are 2 6-pin PCI-E connectors on the cable that plugs into the PSU and there are 2 sockets on the Apollo, but when I first started it up I wasn't sure if both should be connected so used only one of them and it worked fine.  I now have both plugged in and it still works fine.  Question is, does it need both connected and if not why are there two sockets?
Thanks for the prompt shipping and Apollo looks great!

I’ll have full instructions up soon, but you only need one for eco, and two for any higher hashrate. It’s always safe two have both plug in regardless.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Apollo arrived by Fed Ex two days earlier than expected.  Is up and running fine so far, but I have one question.
I am using a Seasonic Focus 550W PSU.  There are 2 6-pin PCI-E connectors on the cable that plugs into the PSU and there are 2 sockets on the Apollo, but when I first started it up I wasn't sure if both should be connected so used only one of them and it worked fine.  I now have both plugged in and it still works fine.  Question is, does it need both connected and if not why are there two sockets?
Thanks for the prompt shipping and Apollo looks great!
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
hi

sorted images out, how do you get pic's on this site cant remember

odd the site is reporting 110.28 MH hash rate, also got 3 x moonlanders pointed there, which is normally about 14MH

Did this work?
legendary
Development suggestions

1 - a way to rotate through miner settings based on time of day...

I'd like to be able to mine Turbo or Custom during the evenings and Eco throughout the day without touching the miners.

Figuring a shell script and a cronjob is all it would take...

2 - Minera has a section of the UI where you could configure it to watch your other rigs. Seems like this was removed (assuming that was to unclutter the UI which is great) - but seeing as many of us will own more than one, it'd be nice to see it added back.

3 - I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to be able to view the raw BFGMiner output and watch the pretty numbers. At least see screen added to the build and have the instance of bfgminer running in a console at boot so we could peek over a terminal session.

Otherwise this is a fine, fine piece of work jstefanop. I'm very impressed with the design and detail work you did on the hardware and the software.

Like the ideas...keep them coming in...have a list going and will add lots over time.
legendary
Ok before you do all that try this.

Go to settings, set to custom miner mode.

Set voltage to 777mv, and keep frequency at 598 (eco).

Because this movie quote just says it all....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl8e9i6YiA8&feature=youtu.be&t=21

New issue, massive discards, 95%+ HW error.
Once again, on both secdsm pool and litecoin pool.

-Dave

Hmmm very weird. Keep these settings, and do a full system shutdown, unplug from power, then start it up again.

More or less the same.
Different PS & different network location (tech bench)

I can take it apart and try a reflow in the morning.

-Dave

umm definitely don't do that. Shoot me a PM, will most likely need you to send it back.

But I like taking things apart and trying to fix them :-)

Because it worked for hours before going funky I am thinking either SD card is having issues or something that was not attached to it's solder pads well and it separated.
It is a new SD card, but it's a Microcenter one so I'll try that tomorrow.

If not I'll get back to you after Christmas about shipping it back.

Thanks,
Dave

It wouldn’t be a solder issue, it would not work at all even if one chip had a problem. You didn’t overvolt or run it in turbo did you because this type of error sounds like heat or voltage damage.

Either way would like it back in its current state so we can diagnose it properly.

Got in early the AM To test.

New SD card fixed the issue for a little while. Figured it was just a bad card, have seen that from time to time. And the pretty GUI keeps you from seeing all the errors stream by.
I tested the pulled card and it failed basic CHKDSK on windows so good guess on my part....Or so I thought.

Back to the same after about 3 or 4 hours, reboot / crash and 1000s of discards / 1000s HW errors.
Pulled card and ran CHKDSK new card failed too.

Putting in "name brand" (sandisk) card now.
Hoping it's just the Orange PI does not like the microcenter cards.

If not I'll swing by Brooklyn after the holidays and you can figure it out :-)

-Dave

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Development suggestions

1 - a way to rotate through miner settings based on time of day...

I'd like to be able to mine Turbo or Custom during the evenings and Eco throughout the day without touching the miners.

Figuring a shell script and a cronjob is all it would take...

2 - Minera has a section of the UI where you could configure it to watch your other rigs. Seems like this was removed (assuming that was to unclutter the UI which is great) - but seeing as many of us will own more than one, it'd be nice to see it added back.

3 - I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to be able to view the raw BFGMiner output and watch the pretty numbers. At least see screen added to the build and have the instance of bfgminer running in a console at boot so we could peek over a terminal session.

Otherwise this is a fine, fine piece of work jstefanop. I'm very impressed with the design and detail work you did on the hardware and the software.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
Thanks jstefanop for looking into this, thought it my be pool side related, because with litecoinpool works perfectly

regarding Gulden and pools that was only one i could find with decent numbers of workers and that moonlanders would work on, though was a few months back

got fed up with getting .0001 of litecone every 2 weeks with moonlanders so changed to Gulden, got coin every day.... Grin

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Ok before you do all that try this.

Go to settings, set to custom miner mode.

Set voltage to 777mv, and keep frequency at 598 (eco).

Because this movie quote just says it all....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl8e9i6YiA8&feature=youtu.be&t=21

New issue, massive discards, 95%+ HW error.
Once again, on both secdsm pool and litecoin pool.

-Dave

Hmmm very weird. Keep these settings, and do a full system shutdown, unplug from power, then start it up again.

More or less the same.
Different PS & different network location (tech bench)

I can take it apart and try a reflow in the morning.

-Dave

umm definitely don't do that. Shoot me a PM, will most likely need you to send it back.

But I like taking things apart and trying to fix them :-)

Because it worked for hours before going funky I am thinking either SD card is having issues or something that was not attached to it's solder pads well and it separated.
It is a new SD card, but it's a Microcenter one so I'll try that tomorrow.

If not I'll get back to you after Christmas about shipping it back.

Thanks,
Dave

It wouldn’t be a solder issue, it would not work at all even if one chip had a problem. You didn’t overvolt or run it in turbo did you because this type of error sounds like heat or voltage damage.

Either way would like it back in its current state so we can diagnose it properly.

Got in early the AM To test.

New SD card fixed the issue for a little while. Figured it was just a bad card, have seen that from time to time. And the pretty GUI keeps you from seeing all the errors stream by.
I tested the pulled card and it failed basic CHKDSK on windows so good guess on my part....Or so I thought.

Back to the same after about 3 or 4 hours, reboot / crash and 1000s of discards / 1000s HW errors.
Pulled card and ran CHKDSK new card failed too.

Putting in "name brand" (sandisk) card now.
Hoping it's just the Orange PI does not like the microcenter cards.

If not I'll swing by Brooklyn after the holidays and you can figure it out :-)

-Dave
Pages:
Jump to: