Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 67. (Read 49483 times)

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
hi

sorted images out, how do you get pic's on this site cant remember

odd the site is reporting 110.28 MH hash rate, also got 3 x moonlanders pointed there, which is normally about 14MH

Yea tested it out...seems like there is some weird stuff going on pool side. It seems to correct itself after a while, but I need to check out more info on this coin.

This port seems to work better port 20006 => 4096

Looks like the pool is not providing work fast enough though causing the miner to run out of work and return all those errors your seeing. I would try another Gulden pool.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
hi

sorted images out, how do you get pic's on this site cant remember

https://i.postimg.cc/3Nmw1d7S/coinpool-nl.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/k5HXdxgY/Gulden.jpg

odd the site is reporting 110.28 MH hash rate, also got 3 x moonlanders pointed there, which is normally about 14MH
legendary
Hi
spoke to soon, got an issue with coinpool.nl mining Gulden, seems best i can get is about 47Mhz
Tried all the different Port ranges, this is the best hash i can get, any advice
litecoinpool i have no issue with at all

Thanks

Will check this pool and report back.
legendary
I have two Apollos and both seem to be mining well. I do see one has many more discarded shares than the other. One has about the same acepted as discarded and the other has about 8x as many discarded than accepted. Both are on the same pool and both are set to ECO.

However I realize this is beta and I'm not complaining at all. Just wanted you to know.

Don't worry about discarded shares...this is legacy stuff from bfgminer that end users shouldn't see anyway...will probably remove this on next UI update.
legendary
jstefanop,

What is login and password to ssh?
Also, how to "forget" wifi credentials? Disconnect button does nothing.

It’s futurebit/futurebit

Disconnect button should clear WiFi connections.

Thanks!
How to expand filesystem to whole card? I copies Apollo Final image by Etcher.io to my 16GB microSD card. Only 2GB is allocated on the card.

Is there similar way to expand filesystem, like on Raspberry Pi? I've been to "parted" and "armbian-config" but I don't want to mess up.

Image will auto expand filesystem on the next update.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Hi
spoke to soon, got an issue with coinpool.nl mining Gulden, seems best i can get is about 47Mhz
Tried all the different Port ranges, this is the best hash i can get, any advice

Thanks

Error 404 Not Found. Fix your image links.
Hi

https://i.postimg.cc/3Nmw1d7S/coinpool-nl.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/k5HXdxgY/Gulden.jpg

Thanks
Activity: 91
Merit: 2
I have two Apollos and both seem to be mining well. I do see one has many more discarded shares than the other. One has about the same acepted as discarded and the other has about 8x as many discarded than accepted. Both are on the same pool and both are set to ECO.

However I realize this is beta and I'm not complaining at all. Just wanted you to know.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
jstefanop,

What is login and password to ssh?
Also, how to "forget" wifi credentials? Disconnect button does nothing.

It’s futurebit/futurebit

Disconnect button should clear WiFi connections.

Thanks!
How to expand filesystem to whole card? I copies Apollo Final image by Etcher.io to my 16GB microSD card. Only 2GB is allocated on the card.

Is there similar way to expand filesystem, like on Raspberry Pi? I've been to "parted" and "armbian-config" but I don't want to mess up.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
hi all

mine got delivered monday in UK no damage and thought great no import tax, until text from fedex asking for £54.95 ... Cry

nice and simple to setup and running like a dream...  Grin

Fedex does that : pays the government up front then bills the customer.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
RESERVED Smiley Smiley Smiley
hi all

mine got delivered monday in UK no damage and thought great no import tax, until text from fedex asking for £54.95 ... Cry

nice and simple to setup and running like a dream...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
just fired up my FutureBit Apollo ! and how amazing simple setup is, jobvery well done. Just flash SD, connect cables, turn it on, go to very clear webinterface, setup pool and hash away.

Connected my (first) Apollo to a Coolmaster Gold PSU, on ECO mode it draws 126 Watt from the wall. And this miner is silent ! amazing !

But.. check the discarded ... that is a bit high isn't it ?

[update]

Set it to advanced mode and rebooted, now does 165W from wall

[update 2]

installed second Apollo, after some reboots, both miners on ECO mode

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Apollo miner won't power on for me.

I've tried two different power supplies: 1) Corsair 450W and a 2) Powerspec 420W

Any suggestions?

I know this sounds stupid, but did you short the enable pin if you are using an ATX PSU without a PC attached to it?

I’ve already had a few emails like this because of that issue Wink

Need to build a stand alone PSU for this ASAP!

This did the trick! Thank you!

Oh my.
Activity: 2

I've tried two different power supplies: 1) Corsair 450W and a 2) Powerspec 420W

Any suggestions?

I know this sounds stupid, but did you short the enable pin if you are using an ATX PSU without a PC attached to it?

This did the trick! Thank you!
legendary
Ok before you do all that try this.

Go to settings, set to custom miner mode.

Set voltage to 777mv, and keep frequency at 598 (eco).

Because this movie quote just says it all....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl8e9i6YiA8&feature=youtu.be&t=21

New issue, massive discards, 95%+ HW error.
Once again, on both secdsm pool and litecoin pool.

-Dave

Hmmm very weird. Keep these settings, and do a full system shutdown, unplug from power, then start it up again.

More or less the same.
Different PS & different network location (tech bench)

I can take it apart and try a reflow in the morning.

-Dave

umm definitely don't do that. Shoot me a PM, will most likely need you to send it back.

But I like taking things apart and trying to fix them :-)

Because it worked for hours before going funky I am thinking either SD card is having issues or something that was not attached to it's solder pads well and it separated.
It is a new SD card, but it's a Microcenter one so I'll try that tomorrow.

If not I'll get back to you after Christmas about shipping it back.

Thanks,
Dave

It wouldn’t be a solder issue, it would not work at all even if one chip had a problem. You didn’t overvolt or run it in turbo did you because this type of error sounds like heat or voltage damage.

Either way would like it back in its current state so we can diagnose it properly.
legendary

Any suggestions?

Activity: 2

Any suggestions?

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange

-Dave

Hmmm very weird. Keep these settings, and do a full system shutdown, unplug from power, then start it up again.

More or less the same.

-Dave

umm definitely don't do that. Shoot me a PM, will most likely need you to send it back.

But I like taking things apart and trying to fix them :-)

Because it worked for hours before going funky I am thinking either SD card is having issues or something that was not attached to it's solder pads well and it separated.
It is a new SD card, but it's a Microcenter one so I'll try that tomorrow.

If not I'll get back to you after Christmas about shipping it back.

Thanks,
Dave
legendary

-Dave

More or less the same.

-Dave

Pages:
Jump to: