Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 65. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Thank you all for the help. I'll order the jumper. For now I'm just using my old pc. Now I'm working on getting it to boot, I'm guessing I'm not flashing the image properly as when I power up it just flashes yellow. Going to try a different brand of SD card.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Yea that’s why I didn’t really want to release a psu since regulation+ testing etc is rediculouse...plus there is the chance of electrocuting someone if don’t build it right.

Think we got this one down though and it works well....plus I think it’s one of the most efficient and compact power bricks in the sub 200 watt range in the industry to boot lol.

You build it and we will come!
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Yea that’s why I didn’t really want to release a psu since regulation+ testing etc is rediculouse...plus there is the chance of electrocuting someone if don’t build it right.

Think we got this one down though and it works well....plus I think it’s one of the most efficient and compact power bricks in the sub 200 watt range in the industry to boot lol.

And no it’s just one of my prototype units I use for testing Cheesy
Was literally about to post the same thing. Yea if you don’t want to mess with wires and pins this is the safest bet.

One here is a prime version of the same thing:CRJ 24-Pin ATX Power Supply Jumper Bridge Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8Q0TOE/

Really need to get the standalone psu out...think it’s the biggest barrier of entry so far for new users.

Check out the working prototype below Cheesy

Is that a limited edition shroud??? OMG I want some nice standalone psus. The Butterfly shit came with some that tended to catch fire...
Got another one -

I use AwesomeMiner to monitor my rigs - how about making a slider in the UI that will enable API access?

Thanks!

r00t: I use awesome miner too. Let me know if you find a workaround in the meantime.

Will do. Opening the API access is usually issued with the mining command as part of the command. I need to investigate how jstef set this up and maybe can find a way to do it. Gimme a day or so.
legendary
Was literally about to post the same thing. Yea if you don’t want to mess with wires and pins this is the safest bet.

One here is a prime version of the same thing:CRJ 24-Pin ATX Power Supply Jumper Bridge Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8Q0TOE/

Really need to get the standalone psu out...think it’s the biggest barrier of entry so far for new users.

Check out the working prototype below Cheesy

~200 watts max @ 92% effeciency (near platinum status) 80-250V input -> 13v  @16A output

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I have a brand new Seasonic Prime Platnum 650w PSU. I'm getting no power to the Apollo. I tested the PSU on an old computer and it powered it.
The PSU has PCI-E cables with 6 pins then 2 separate pins, I plugged the 6 pins in and the 2 are just dangling. Do I need a different cable?

UPDATE: it seems the Apollo doesn't draw any power to start, so the PSU doesn't supply any. I tricked the PSU into supplying power by connecting it to another device, started it up and it's providing power to the Apollo. If I shut off the other device (old computer) the PSU cut's power to the Apollo too though.

Is this normal?

buy this

https://www.amazon.com/Antrons-24-Pin-Jump-Starter-Bridge/dp/B00K38IKRY/ref=sr_1_2?

or this

https://www.amazon.com/Asicminer-24-Pin-Jump-Starter-Bridge/dp/B07DXN85LW/ref=sr_1_5?
Activity: 181
like this :

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
I have a brand new Seasonic Prime Platnum 650w PSU. I'm getting no power to the Apollo. I tested the PSU on an old computer and it powered it.
The PSU has PCI-E cables with 6 pins then 2 separate pins, I plugged the 6 pins in and the 2 are just dangling. Do I need a different cable?

UPDATE: it seems the Apollo doesn't draw any power to start, so the PSU doesn't supply any. I tricked the PSU into supplying power by connecting it to another device, started it up and it's providing power to the Apollo. If I shut off the other device (old computer) the PSU cut's power to the Apollo too though.

Is this normal?

Yes, it's normal. ATX power supply will not power on without motherboard connected to it.

You power it up without motherboard by shorting PS ON signal to GND in your 24pin connector. Otherwise, your PSU will not power on.
Activity: 13

Is this normal?
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
Woke up to find boxes at my door this morning.

Had the Apollo setup and mining Litecoinpool in just a few minutes.

Awesome looking miner, Packaging was very well secured and wrapped tight, no damage.

I suspect the USB port is for future use.

The GUI is very well designed and intuitive. Looking forward to updates and new features!

Will be looking for a power supply with two really long 6-pin plugs (possible adapter needed) so I can place this on the center console and hide the power supply inside. Otherwise, I have it sitting on my desk on top of a quiet 650w PSU.

So what do you have in the works next? lol.

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
- 32 GB Kingston HC I 1 class 10 (80mb/s [R])

works for 2 days now without problems

I am using SanDisk microSD SDHC 16GB Class 10, working perfectly since day 1. Earlier I purchased some other cards but returned them to seller because they were most likely wrong model, really slow not as advertised.
Activity: 6
Got another one -

I use AwesomeMiner to monitor my rigs - how about making a slider in the UI that will enable API access?

Thanks!

r00t: I use awesome miner too. Let me know if you find a workaround in the meantime.
Activity: 19
Merit: 3

That usually happens when there is no internet connection to miner. Is the yellow LED flashing? If your already Poking around Syslog do “sudo screen -dr miner” that will bring up Bfgminer.

Nailed it. I had it on a subnet that allowed it access to other devices on my LAN, but no route to the internet. It's mining away happily now, thanks!!!
legendary
Kudos @jstefanop for the great work here from Australia.  Got mine in good order, 32gb SD card flashed, plugged in and mining away in ECO mode with no hassles at all.  Good on yer mate  Smiley

Thanks!
legendary
I just got my Apollo unboxed and set up, and am running into an error after configuring the miner, it says its unable to connect to port 4028 (which I gather is the stats API port for bfgminer). The dashboard is blank except for the ECONNREFUSED error. The bfgminer process does appear to be running, however.

That usually happens when there is no internet connection to miner. Is the yellow LED flashing? If your already Poking around Syslog do “sudo screen -dr miner” that will bring up Bfgminer.
Activity: 19
Merit: 3
I just got my Apollo unboxed and set up, and am running into an error after configuring the miner, it says its unable to connect to port 4028 (which I gather is the stats API port for bfgminer). The dashboard is blank except for the ECONNREFUSED error. The bfgminer process does appear to be running, however.

Here’s some syslog output:

Dec 22 01:41:52 futurebit systemd[1]: [email protected]: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Dec 22 01:41:52 futurebit systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS0.
Dec 22 01:41:52 futurebit systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS0.
Dec 22 01:41:53 futurebit node[1334]: {"name":"app","hostname":"futurebit","pid":1334,"cid":"d67a259f-e1e1-47e6-8c11-414e8e339260","seq":0,"method":"api/miner/online","stack":[{"cid":"d67a259f-e1e1-47e6-8c11-414e8e339260","seq":0,"method":"api/miner/online"}],"level":30,"user":{"iat":1545442681,"aud":"auth","sub":"apollouser"},"source":"auto","when":"before","msg":"before_api/miner/online","time":"2018-12-22T01:41:53.740Z","v":0}
Dec 22 01:41:53 futurebit node[1334]: {"name":"app","hostname":"futurebit","pid":1334,"cid":"f1878d82-d81e-4542-b3a6-956078948c12","seq":0,"method":"api/miner/stats","stack":[{"cid":"f1878d82-d81e-4542-b3a6-956078948c12","seq":0,"method":"api/miner/stats"}],"level":30,"user":{"iat":1545442681,"aud":"auth","sub":"apollouser"},"source":"auto","when":"before","msg":"before_api/miner/stats","time":"2018-12-22T01:41:53.790Z","v":0}
Dec 22 01:41:53 futurebit node[1334]: {"name":"app","hostname":"futurebit","pid":1334,"cid":"f1878d82-d81e-4542-b3a6-956078948c12","seq":0,"method":"api/miner/stats","stack":[{"cid":"f1878d82-d81e-4542-b3a6-956078948c12","seq":0,"method":"api/miner/stats"}],"level":50,"user":{"iat":1545442681,"aud":"auth","sub":"apollouser"},"source":"auto","when":"after","err":{"message":"Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028","name":"InternalError","stack":"InternalError: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028\n    at Socket.client.socket.on (/opt/apolloapi/src/store/api/miner/minerStats.js:70:7)\n    at Socket.emit (events.js:180:13)\n    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:64:Cool\n    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:114:19)"},"ms":7,"originalErr":null,"errInfo":{"type":"internal","severity":"error","message":"Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028","reasons":[{"path":"stats","message":"ECONNREFUSED"}],"data":null},"msg":"after_api/miner/stats (7ms)","time":"2018-12-22T01:41:53.798Z","v":0}
Activity: 41
Kudos @jstefanop for the great work here from Australia.  Got mine in good order, 32gb SD card flashed, plugged in and mining away in ECO mode with no hassles at all.  Good on yer mate  Smiley
Got another one -

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
- 32 GB Kingston HC I 1 class 10 (80mb/s [R])

works for 2 days now without problems
Pages:
Jump to: