Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 64. (Read 49483 times)

legendary
Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564
精神分析的爸

However the Wifi doesn't work for me (tested just for fun, don't need it), I have 2 wireless networks (WPA2-PSK only) that the apollos should see but only saw them once upon "scan" and that was after the first boot of the image, since then I don't see them anymore on both apollos (and not even the dozen or so neighbouring WiFis that my notebook sees from the same location).

Do you know if you are running your APs in mixed mode? If you switch to mixed mode, you'll likely be able to see and connect to them. Make sure once you associate, reboot them and remove the ethernet cable. I was able to get all of my Apollos to successfully connect and run reliably on my WiFi. Let me know if you need more troubleshooting help.

Peace,
r00t

If you mean by mixed mode 802.11b/g/n, yes that's the case on all AFAICS. Though no need to worry, I won't use WiFi, that just adds unnecessary delay und unreliability when ethernet is available just 1m from the miners.
In the meantime I tried "iwlist wlan0 scanning" in the shell and after an "ifconfig wlan0 down; sleep 3; ifconfig wlan0 up" I saw my networks. It might be that they are just shielded wifi-wise pretty good when standing on a metal surface as in my case with the antenna on the bottom. When I saw my networks on first boot they were in a different place on a wooden surface.

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

However the Wifi doesn't work for me (tested just for fun, don't need it), I have 2 wireless networks (WPA2-PSK only) that the apollos should see but only saw them once upon "scan" and that was after the first boot of the image, since then I don't see them anymore on both apollos (and not even the dozen or so neighbouring WiFis that my notebook sees from the same location).

Do you know if you are running your APs in mixed mode? If you switch to mixed mode, you'll likely be able to see and connect to them. Make sure once you associate, reboot them and remove the ethernet cable. I was able to get all of my Apollos to successfully connect and run reliably on my WiFi. Let me know if you need more troubleshooting help.

Peace,
r00t
legendary
Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564
精神分析的爸
Bug report:

https://imgur.com/a/6szEf9o

Arrows up and down don't work (tested on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). I can't change priorities in pool order.

Also, it's not possible to EDIT entries. These fields here are just greyed out display fields, not text entry fields.

If I want to edit the main pool, for example, I need to delete all of them and enter them all again in the correct order.

I believe something is messed up between UI and backend, because if you delete one pool, the backend often deletes another pool (not the one you clicked to delete). Might be that sometimes there are entries in the database with the same number in the 'index' field.

I also dislike that you can't edit them (nor can't copy-paste the entries), not even directly in the apollo itself - the only way I found is mounting the apollo disk via sshfs and running sqliteman against the db in /opt/apolloapi/. This was for me necessary since at some point after some trying to shuffle, re-add, delete from the UI I suddenly got litecoinpool and a multipool running in parallel which made the apollo freak-out pretty much.

On the positive side I finally managed to run them stable against a multipool, since 24hrs stable at 100MHs with ~1.6-1.9% errors. If you want to mine on profit switching pools / multipools, make sure you do not have a backup pool configured (unlike cgminer, bfgminer seemingly requires primary and failover pool to run on the same coin/network). For mine I also set the fans to 45% resulting in 56-58°C.

Worth mentioning is also the fact that these are the first miners in my hands that are IPv6 capable, according to bfgminer release notes this should allow the apollo to connect to pools via IPv6 and for later releases to allow full nodes to run dual-stack which gives much more connections to the coind.

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Bug report:

https://imgur.com/a/6szEf9o

Arrows up and down don't work (tested on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). I can't change priorities in pool order.

Also, it's not possible to EDIT entries. These fields here are just greyed out display fields, not text entry fields.

If I want to edit the main pool, for example, I need to delete all of them and enter them all again in the correct order.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501

I figured out what I was doing wrong with checksum, I was using MD5 instead of SHA256. The checksum on the IMG matches. I've tried to create an ISO on the micro SD using Etcher but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried on a sandisk 8gb and a Kingston 16gb with no luck. There doesn't seem to be any settings in Etcher to change. I read that I have to make sure the image is on the whole disk not sure how to do that.
Etcher does not require any setting changes.

hi

i had same issue as wttbs miner went off line, the reboot option i dont think works, does not reboot device, had to do power cycle
was working ok for two day's and seems ok now to litecoinpool
I have not experienced any issues with using the reboot command. It appears to function correctly as intended. What were you trying to fix by rebooting?
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
I've been unable to get the apollo to boot. I ran a checksum on the image I downloaded and it doesn't match. I've re-downloaded twice and neither matches. Anyone have advice? I'm using a windows 10 pc and downloaded using both chrome and edge.

If it’s flashing yellow it’s working fine. What are you using to run the checksum?

Yellow flashing means it’s booting and not getting a network connection. You have it plugged in via Ethernet and ran an ip finder on your network?

Thanks for the response.

I ran the checksum with command prompt, yes it's plugged in via Ethernet but it's not being assigned an IP by my network. Anything else I plug into the ethernet is immediately assigned an IP.
Did you hash check the IMG or the ZIP of the IMG?

I figured out what I was doing wrong with checksum, I was using MD5 instead of SHA256. The checksum on the IMG matches. I've tried to create an ISO on the micro SD using Etcher but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried on a sandisk 8gb and a Kingston 16gb with no luck. There doesn't seem to be any settings in Etcher to change. I read that I have to make sure the image is on the whole disk not sure how to do that.

Did you figure this out yet? Its definitely something with your network...double check your router/firewall settings. You don't need to change anything on etcher other than select your SD card and the .img file.

If the flashing yellow LED is coming up then the device and SD card is working right, its just not getting an internet connection from your router.

thanks for the explenation, all clear what is happening.

it is probably the miningpool. Both miners are mining without problems now for 12 hours at litecoinpool
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
hi

i had same issue as wttbs miner went off line, the reboot option i dont think works, does not reboot device, had to do power cycle
was working ok for two day's and seems ok now to litecoinpool

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
I've been unable to get the apollo to boot. I ran a checksum on the image I downloaded and it doesn't match. I've re-downloaded twice and neither matches. Anyone have advice? I'm using a windows 10 pc and downloaded using both chrome and edge.

If it’s flashing yellow it’s working fine. What are you using to run the checksum?

Yellow flashing means it’s booting and not getting a network connection. You have it plugged in via Ethernet and ran an ip finder on your network?

Thanks for the response.

I ran the checksum with command prompt, yes it's plugged in via Ethernet but it's not being assigned an IP by my network. Anything else I plug into the ethernet is immediately assigned an IP.

Did you figure this out yet? Its definitely something with your network...double check your router/firewall settings. You don't need to change anything on etcher other than select your SD card and the .img file.

If the flashing yellow LED is coming up then the device and SD card is working right, its just not getting an internet connection from your router.
legendary
hmmm...  Undecided having some troubles with my 2 miners.

These are pool connection issues. Interface currently does not have a nice way to display connection errors since the interface requires bfgminer to at least connect to one pool before it starts sending data to the dashboard.

Thats why your seeing the miner offline screens.

High hardware errors is a byproduct of a pool going offline then coming back online (next image release will handle this better and shutdown the miner properly and wait for a connection), since it just spits back thousands of shares to the pool on reconnect and they all get rejected.

Ill start checking mutipool with my devices and see if I can replicate....if you see the same issue, ssh into the device and do "sudo screen -dr miner" to bring up bdgminer and take a screenshot of it.
Got another one -

I use AwesomeMiner to monitor my rigs - how about making a slider in the UI that will enable API access?

Thanks!

r00t: I use awesome miner too. Let me know if you find a workaround in the meantime.

Will do. Opening the API access is usually issued with the mining command as part of the command. I need to investigate how jstef set this up and maybe can find a way to do it. Gimme a day or so.

OK got it figured out...

The bfgminer instance lives in /opt/ and there's a bfgminer.conf file in there that can be edited with
Code:
sudo nano bfgminer.conf
and edit the line
Code:
"api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1, W:192.168.0.0/24", 
adding in your local subnet then reboot the rig. All good!

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Thanks for the response.

legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
hmmm...  Undecided having some troubles with my 2 miners.

Miner (1) is online now for 1 day and performance dropped to like 90MHs and 12% HW errors

I mine at multipool.us

I will reboot and switch to LTCpool for now, to test if problem is with pool.

Miner (2) stops mining after 5 to 10 minutes and then you can't access dashboard anymore. Restarting miner doesn't help, reboot doesn't help. Other PSU , same problem. Then I did a new flash of the SD, miners works again... for 10 minutes then same problem. Used the SD from the working Miner (1) , same problem so it's not the software.

reboot miner, then this message

I restart miner then I see this (as it should be)

then after like 1 to 2 minutes either this message again

or the ECONNREFUSED message, does not disappear, not even after like 5 minutes wait

For both miners I use a wired connection and that seems to be OK, I can access them thru webinterface and SSH...

[UPDATE]

Miner (1) swithed pools. rebooted miner, then something wierd, it is mining at the failover pool, guess bfgminer isn't picking up the swith of the pool.. it is mining at multipool now

Miner (2) after another 4 reboots, it is mining now for 5 minutes at litecoinpool ..

[UPDATE]

Miner (1) removed multipool pool, restarted miner and it is mining now at litecoinpool
Activity: 1545
Merit: 23
Awesome product.  Thumbs up to Engineers and staffs of this company.

Ordered one USB stick myself weeks ago.  The product was shipped from NYC to New England area in a couple of days and I am mining  NewEnglandcoin(NENG) using this ASIC USB. It works very well.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the response.

Activity: 97
Merit: 5
Was literally about to post the same thing. Yea if you don’t want to mess with wires and pins this is the safest bet.

One here is a prime version of the same thing:CRJ 24-Pin ATX Power Supply Jumper Bridge Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8Q0TOE/

Really need to get the standalone psu out...think it’s the biggest barrier of entry so far for new users.

Check out the working prototype below Cheesy

~200 watts max @ 92% effeciency (near platinum status) 80-250V input -> 13v  @16A output

Love the silver and black combo. Have you considered offering different colored sides and metal wrap pieces? Might be a little extra coin towards your development project(s).
legendary

...but something this desktop friendly deserves a sleeker option...

Yup 100% and I can't seem to find anything that fits the bill. The Apollo is by far one of the most aesthetically "pretty" rig I've owned since my BFL Jalapeno and quite frankly it deserves something nice.
Activity: 357
Merit: 26
Arrived in less than a week, up and running in 10 mins. Damn fine show.

Obviously the big question is what is the best PSU. I've jury rigged an EVGA, but something this desktop friendly deserves a sleeker option... (suggestions welcome)...

edit: great UI too, really nice layout.
Pages:
Jump to: