Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 4. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
What was that website that “jstephanop” used to format the LTC miner thumb drive in FAT?
Activity: 7
I've had my Apollo since August 2019 batch 2. Run in clean environment temperature controlled. It has recently just turned off. PSU is still on all equipment is FutureBit. When I restart the PSU it fires up blinks lights and shuts off less than 10 seconds after restart. I have emailed and I was told I could ship unit in, and I quickly responded with yes, but radio silence for weeks now. Any help, advice? Thanks

Same here except its not my PSU but the actual miner. I sent it in to get fixed. A times it was dead silent but I understand they're busy with shipping out the recent futurebit apollo btc miners. They will eventually get to you. Unfortunately I was told that they cannot figure out what is wrong with my ltc miner batch 2, will run a few more tests on it to see if its still repairable. I noticed a lot of recent posters before me described very similar issues with their ltc miners......
I just hope these miners become more durable....
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
@jstefanop

a while back you posted that you would be able to fix my USB miner if I sent it to you (the usb plug came off) - can you provide an address for me to ship it?

I was going to buy more of them but they are getting super expensive so I would hate to see this one go to waste if its fixable.

thank you in advance!

sent you a pm as well.
Activity: 2
I've had my Apollo since August 2019 batch 2. Run in clean environment temperature controlled. It has recently just turned off. PSU is still on all equipment is FutureBit. When I restart the PSU it fires up blinks lights and shuts off less than 10 seconds after restart. I have emailed and I was told I could ship unit in, and I quickly responded with yes, but radio silence for weeks now. Any help, advice? Thanks
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
I'd like to suggest to support the new Bitcoin ASIC Miner, FutureBit set up a better forum that supports catagories and better searches. Lumping everything into one huge disjointed forum such as this one is not only frustrating but a waste of time. I've seen so many questions asked with others posting the answers (if their lucky) that were previously posted. For example, just try searching for "Apollo" and you'll get just one result!

Catagories perhaps like Hardware, Software, Installation, etc. would be far more productive to users - current and future.

JMHO

Yea these support threads are a mess, will need to figure something new out.

Discord?

I'd hope not - there is a risk using Microsoft (or any) cloud-based system that might flag/block crypto terminology as something that should be censored. Besides - it's overkill and IMHO, they've had a history of totally deleting groups they don't agree with. Does a support forum really need "voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media and files in private chats"? KISS
Activity: 67
I'd like to suggest to support the new Bitcoin ASIC Miner, FutureBit set up a better forum that supports catagories and better searches. Lumping everything into one huge disjointed forum such as this one is not only frustrating but a waste of time. I've seen so many questions asked with others posting the answers (if their lucky) that were previously posted. For example, just try searching for "Apollo" and you'll get just one result!

Catagories perhaps like Hardware, Software, Installation, etc. would be far more productive to users - current and future.

JMHO

Discord?

JMHO

Here's a couple of free ones. I'd vote for MyBB because it's been proven for years, simple, has active updates, and FREE! A few:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-free-bulletin-boards-set-forum/
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388

JMHO

legendary
Futurebit Apollo - won't stay connected

So I can't get my apollo to hash, after it connects and disconnects a couple times I get the error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028

I have an l3+ hashing away with exactly the same settings on litecoinpool but cant seem to make the apollo work.

I reflashed the sd and it boots, I can get into the interface, it will show a connection for a few seconds then it drops eventually giving me the error.

Thats usually because the pool is refusing connection due to wrong credentials (litecoin pool is case sensitive on username/pass).

JMHO
Activity: 4
Does anyone know a reliable script to set up a Moonlander to solo mine a doge wallet?

I know its a silly undertaking, I'm just trying to see if I can do it.

I have 3 moonlanders, a usb hub, and a Mac.

Any advice would be cool.
Thanks so much.
Same here! I reflashed the card and same issue still. I had to send it to futurebit for repairs
Activity: 1
Futurebit Apollo - won't stay connected

So I can't get my apollo to hash, after it connects and disconnects a couple times I get the error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028

I have an l3+ hashing away with exactly the same settings on litecoinpool but cant seem to make the apollo work.

I reflashed the sd and it boots, I can get into the interface, it will show a connection for a few seconds then it drops eventually giving me the error.
The way LTC has been moving I'm hoping FutureBit has an new more powerful Scrypt Apollo coming.....
I just turned it on and it flashed.
legendary
Hey I have 2 ltc batch 2 futurebit apollos. I was told to reflash one of my miners because it went off line out of no where. I followed the instructions on the first page of this thread and flashed the latest version onto the sd card. NOTHING! I literally went back and tried all the other/older updates. Nothing still! Now I went back and flashed the newest software on the card and it wont even boot up. HELP!!!

Do you see the ethernet lights flash in the back a few times when you power it on? If not it means you didn't flash correctly.
Hey I have 2 ltc batch 2 futurebit apollos. I was told to reflash one of my miners because it went off line out of no where. I followed the instructions on the first page of this thread and flashed the latest version onto the sd card. NOTHING! I literally went back and tried all the other/older updates. Nothing still! Now I went back and flashed the newest software on the card and it wont even boot up. HELP!!!
legendary
Hello, I've had my FutureBit running consistently for almost a year now with pretty much no issues, but recently I've had some disruptions to my internet which has caused the miner to shut down  "red light " showing , since this event I've had unusual HW errors, sometimes really high even in ECO mode, and I am having a very difficult time connecting to the Apollo dashboard on my mobile or laptop computer ,  on my Net Analyzer app I show the future bit IP address listed, but when I pull up my routers IP address it does not list.  Currently my miner is mining but I can not access on dashboard or reconnect the full node , ive seen mention of reimaging the SD card, im not quite sure how to do this .  Any suggestions or support would be appreciated.  Fyi, I also have an Antminer L3+ that is running with no issues, but I would really like to get this bad boy up and fully functional again. 

Have you tried a power cycle, this usually clears any issues. Reflashing the SD card is easy, just download the image on the second post of this thread and use etcher to burn it.
legendary
Is it possible to enable RPC on a full node? I'm writing a program to monitor my balances and I'm wanting to call the JSON RPC to get the balance for a public address. Since I already have a full node apollo running, I'd like to use that instead of setting up a 2nd node and would definitely be beneficial on the BTC apollo that I have on order so I'm not running 2 BTC nodes as well.

Yes but it might be limited to localhost for security, if you want to edit the conf file for your own stuff its at /opt/litecoin.conf
Activity: 6
Hello, I've had my FutureBit running consistently for almost a year now with pretty much no issues, but recently I've had some disruptions to my internet which has caused the miner to shut down  "red light " showing , since this event I've had unusual HW errors, sometimes really high even in ECO mode, and I am having a very difficult time connecting to the Apollo dashboard on my mobile or laptop computer ,  on my Net Analyzer app I show the future bit IP address listed, but when I pull up my routers IP address it does not list.  Currently my miner is mining but I can not access on dashboard or reconnect the full node , ive seen mention of reimaging the SD card, im not quite sure how to do this .  Any suggestions or support would be appreciated.  Fyi, I also have an Antminer L3+ that is running with no issues, but I would really like to get this bad boy up and fully functional again. 
Pages:
Jump to: