Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 3. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Fan question:

1) The fan at the top on all three of my LTCs (all purchased used, some barely, some ran quite a bit) never turns on.  Is that normal?

2) One of them, the other fan is making a noise like its bearing is going out.  Does anyone know what the sizes of these fans are and if they're 3 or 4 pin?

Thanks
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
well after quite a few years of running my Apollo LTC is now busted, not sure if its terminal maybe.
was running fine and then the other day noticed at litecoinpool.org it stop running middle of the night, which was odd and on checking it was silent, which was odd, so power cycled on FutureBit PSU and seemed to be powering back up. checked litecoinpool.org and was hashing ok.
Checked a few hours later and again silent so checked it further and found that Apollo power pins & PSU plug had melted a bit
see pics. no idea why as Apollo been in same place for years

i can replace power pins on the board and rewire PSU plugs, but what is the concusses is this maybe terminal

Activity: 9
Is it fair to say that if you have a standarx version running off of a full  version of the Apollo BTC then you are effectively doing Parallel processing?
Activity: 11
My full node stops running after 24 - 30 hours, like clockwork. Has anyone  experienced this or come up with a solution? I've changed both the SD card and the flash drive, reformated both the new drives, installed the newest OS... Nothing seems to fix it.

I  seem to have been able to fix this issue. I did two things:

1) Increased the size of the USB drive from 64gb to 256gb (still used a samsung EVO though)
2) Increased the size of the swap file from 370mb? to 1gb
     a) sudo swapoff -a.   
     b) sudo dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 of=/media/usb/swapfile
         (this command took almost 30 minutes to complete with no indication on the screen what was going on, so be patient)
     c) sudo swapon -a

I've now been running the node for 12 hours, monitoring it with htop and the CPU and mem usage are both way down. I  was able to get past the 96.62% mark during the blockchain sync, which is where its been hanging up for me.

Hope this help someone else out.

Okay, this has been a game changer. Closing in on 48 hours of uptime and over 100,000 blocks synched and no hiccups, stalls or crashing. Highly recommend this increased swap file be incorporated into the latest softward image.
My full node stops running after 24 - 30 hours, like clockwork. Has anyone  experienced this or come up with a solution? I've changed both the SD card and the flash drive, reformated both the new drives, installed the newest OS... Nothing seems to fix it.

I  seem to have been able to fix this issue. I did two things:

1) Increased the size of the USB drive from 64gb to 256gb (still used a samsung EVO though)
2) Increased the size of the swap file from 370mb? to 1gb
     a) sudo swapoff -a.   
     b) sudo dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 of=/media/usb/swapfile
         (this command took almost 30 minutes to complete with no indication on the screen what was going on, so be patient)
     c) sudo swapon -a

I've now been running the node for 12 hours, monitoring it with htop and the CPU and mem usage are both way down. I  was able to get past the 96.62% mark during the blockchain sync, which is where its been hanging up for me.

Hope this help someone else out.
Activity: 2
I got an email back from Futurebit.  It turned out that one of the USB ports were faulty.  After changing the USB connections and restarting all of them together, all 3 machines are working fine now Smiley
I just received my Full Apollo Package for BTC mining on 8/23/2021.  I've set it up, and 2 of the 3 machines appear to be working just fine.  However, the 3rd machine just has a solid red light and doesn't do anything.  When I secure power and restart, the red light flashes quickly, and the fan will spin for a second.  After about 20 seconds, the red light turns solid and nothing else happens.  I've made sure all the cables are securely in place, but there is nothing else I can think of.  Is there something else I could try?  Or is this unit dead?
I just got a new future bit Apollo and it says the hashboard 1 is offline and won't connect to slushpool.  All the lights on the front are red so it seems to be powered up correctly. I see the worker in my slushpool account. 
Are there any places that repair these
Hash boards?
Activity: 223
Merit: 12
I cannot get the Apollo to connect to NiceHash to save my life. No matter what I try, which region or with or without the stratum language... it just wont connect. Can literally connect to any other pool with no issues. Am I crazy?
Activity: 61
Merit: 4
On the FutureBit site the node upgrade shows "SOLD" but if you click the image it says "Both Batch 1 and Batch 2 Kits are back in stock and ship within 1-2 business days."

Is the upgrade for batch 1 available?
The "Add to cart" button is missing which would suggest all the options are sold out. If it's the MCU board upgrade you are missing for a batch 1 then look for a 512MB version of Orange PI Zero (not "plus", not "2") with straight pins soldered in the expansion port. It's nothing FutureBit specific. Batch 1 came with a 256MB version of that MCU board which doesn't have enough memory for running the node.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
Hope FutureBit still reads these posts -

On the FutureBit site the node upgrade shows "SOLD" but if you click the image it says "Both Batch 1 and Batch 2 Kits are back in stock and ship within 1-2 business days."

Is the upgrade for batch 1 available?

Thanks in advance,
David
Activity: 1
Had an Apollo running since August 2020.  Just recently tried to get the node synced.  It ran slow - even with mining off, took more than a week and repeatedly stopped and needed manual restart.  Was at 99.6x% and then overnight, I assume while finishing, the miner stopped working.  Just wouldn't even turn on.

Took it to a computer repair place (I'm in healthcare, not technically inclined).  They found "a cold spot" (?) but it's up and mining again.  

I'd like to run a node out of principle, but don't want to zap the miner again. Was this a one-time bad luck thing or is it likely that the power pull from syncing will cause another issue?

Separately, is there any guidance on the maximum temperature for the system? The fan gets pretty loud on Balanced settings, but the temperature stays around 66° C. It's in a cool location where I don't mind if the fan makes a lot of noise so I would run it on Turbo settings if I can confirm what temp warrants cut off and going back to Balanced.
Activity: 1
I anticipate that I had a power outage resulting in the following issues with my Apollo LTC. After combing the forum and trying everything that I read to be possibly helpful I am still battling the following issues and am kindly requesting assistance:

1. On my futurebit dashboard my main pool configuration is inactive and dead, whereas my donation pool configuration is active and alive - my litecoinpool account dashboard is not receiving any hash rate and is showing that the last time it received hashrate was May 13, which I am anticipating is the date of the power outage.

2. My node went down and I have not been able to get it restarted - prior to the outage it was running well with up to 16 connections

Issue 1 details:
On my miner dashboard I have two lines under 'pools':

Line 1
Type: Main
Active: Inactive

Line 2
Type: Donation
Active: Active

When I click to the 'pools' tab in the left side menu I am able to edit the URL (stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333), User Name (flowbit.1), Password (*****) and Proxy (http://192.168.1.1:3333). My user name (flowbit.1) and password exactly match the user name and password on my litecoinpool.org account (always triple checking case sensitivity). Each time I edit the pool information in the pools tab I click the orange 'save and restart' button in the upper left corner. The miner stops and restarts but the orange 'save and restart' button doesn't clear. So I click over to the dashboard and get the same result on line 1 and line 2 that I outlined above. The information I am inputting into the 'pools' tab does not appear to be saving because when I click back to the 'pools' tab the futurebit.1 user name is not updated to flowbit.1. I have also tried changing the URL on both lines to stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 but the futurebit.1 account doesn;t update to that URL - it's like the orange save and restart button is not saving what I am inputting? One of the user names is futurebit.1 (which appears to be the donation pool) and one of the user names is flowbit.1 (which appears to be the main pool that is inactive/dead). The up/down arrows do not appear to work either becasue when I click them nothing happens - it remains flowbit.1 on line 1 and futurebit.1 on line 2.

In addition to trying to edit the settings in the pools tab, I have restarted, rebooted, turned off and back on via the power supply (following all directions on page one), re-flashed SD card and have ensured that the SD card is inserted correctly. I have also deleted my single worker from my litecoinpool account and on the same account have set up a single new worker with the same username (flowbit.1) and pw. Trying to be as descriptive as possible because my newbie rank wont allow me to post images.

Issue 2 details:
Every time I start my node from the node dashboard I get the 'please wait while node is starting up' spinning wheel that also reads 'this takes 5-15 minutes, and you will be redirected to the node dashboard'... then 10 minutes or so later, on the node dashboard, I get the 'node is offline' notification along with the suggestions underneath which I have tried all of including reformatting the drive with the latest Litecoin.zip file that jstefanop directs us to in the second post on page 1 under 'latest image download / instructions'.

Feeling especially newbish having tried all of this and having gotten nowhere... thanks in advance for any guidance on either issue.
Activity: 61
Merit: 4
Can someone tell me the initial password of the apollo ltc? 
futurebit
hello,

I just bought one apollo ltc and don't have the password.

Can someone tell me the initial password of the apollo ltc? 
it is futurebit123 for btc apollo ( i have 2 of this with 2 simple hashboard and running very well mining and node) but not working with ltc apollo.

Thank you.
Cordially.
I've had my Apollo since August 2019 batch 2. Run in clean environment temperature controlled. It has recently just turned off. PSU is still on all equipment is FutureBit. When I restart the PSU it fires up blinks lights and shuts off less than 10 seconds after restart. I have emailed and I was told I could ship unit in, and I quickly responded with yes, but radio silence for weeks now. Any help, advice? Thanks

Yes I've been tinkering around and It is definitely my miner and not the PSU I have tried sending other emails with no response. Luckily my l3+ runs 24/7 hitting 3 years in August without a flaw. Apollo is literally a doorstop now, such a waste. Pay me $40.00 an hour set up a zendesk and I'll crush these customers with empathy regardless if their issue can be fixed

Same here except its not my PSU but the actual miner. I sent it in to get fixed. A times it was dead silent but I understand they're busy with shipping out the recent futurebit apollo btc miners. They will eventually get to you. Unfortunately I was told that they cannot figure out what is wrong with my ltc miner batch 2, will run a few more tests on it to see if its still repairable. I noticed a lot of recent posters before me described very similar issues with their ltc miners......
I just hope these miners become more durable....
Activity: 344
Merit: 251
What was that website that “jstephanop” used to format the LTC miner thumb drive in FAT?
I have been using mini tool partition wizard.
Delete the partition then create the partition in fat32 then format the partition in fat 32
Activity: 13
Has anyone made an informational How-to video on getting The Node up and running? I have an external SSD 1TB and I'd like to set it up as a full node to further decentralize the network. I know he posted directions but I am unsure how to format the SSD and get it up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please quote me or send me a private message with possibly a link to a step by step video or more clear directions. Thanks and happy mining!
Pages:
Jump to: