Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 2. (Read 71390 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 5

I have tried to install bfgminer on my raspberry pi for my moon lander 2, and although the file is there it gets ./bfgminer no such file or directory, Any suggestions.

pwd - then copy the path and replace the ./ in front of ./bfgminer

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

I have tried to install bfgminer on my raspberry pi for my moon lander 2, and although the file is there it gets ./bfgminer no such file or directory, Any suggestions.
I'm having trouble getting my 10th usb miner recognized on bfgminer on my raspberry pi

has anyone experienced this? any solutions?
Hello,
I have a Raspberry Pi 3B+, which has a armv8 processor. I have tried many compiling options from the source code of the driver, but I cannot figure out what is needed to run my futurebit moonlander 2. The moonlander works fine on my other computer, but the executable from the pre-built bfgminer for armv6 does not work(i am running ubuntu 64-bit). I am switching to raspbian(raspberry pi os) 32-bit. Will this fix my problem?

For the future, I would like to know exactly what configuration options are required for properly building bfgminer for the moonlander.

yes the 32 bit version works, i've had this problem before and using the 32 bit version works
Activity: 23
Hello,
I have a Raspberry Pi 3B+, which has a armv8 processor. I have tried many compiling options from the source code of the driver, but I cannot figure out what is needed to run my futurebit moonlander 2. The moonlander works fine on my other computer, but the executable from the pre-built bfgminer for armv6 does not work(i am running ubuntu 64-bit). I am switching to raspbian(raspberry pi os) 32-bit. Will this fix my problem?

For the future, I would like to know exactly what configuration options are required for properly building bfgminer for the moonlander.

I use the same Pi 3B+ with 'no' GUI (Graphical User Interface).
The following 'lite' version (no GUI) worked perfectly with the install instructions on page 1.

https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_lite_armhf/images/raspios_lite_armhf-2021-05-28/

Activity: 1
Hello,

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'
while cleaning my garage I found a few of these.

They have not been used in a while. Does anyone have an interest in one?

USA please as I am USA based.
I have tried with the device numbers as they appear in lsusb with the 0 in front USB084 and without.
I also tried -S /dev/ttyUSB084 as per jstefanop's post, 'for linux it will be /dev/ttyUSBx' however the example is '-S MLD:/dev/ttyUSBx'

Is there something I am missing?
The ttyUSBx number does not match the bus device ID. Navigate to the dev folder and search for ttyUSB*. You could just try ttyUSB0 and so on ttyUSB3... usually moolanders show up as the first usb devices and newpacs do not show up there at all. If you have been trying to hotplug them the number could change.

Cheers for the help,

Yes I do hot plug the moonlander's and their hub from the Pi4 and Pi3 between posts however I do an lsusb and update the new device ID.
Tried -S /dev/ttyUSB0-3, -S /dev/tty0-3 without cgminer running. Even tried this on the (control) Pi3b+; clean Raspios, bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6 and dependencies. NO DEVICE FOUND
ls of /dev folder produces TTY, TTY1 - TTY63 (in caps) no ttyUSB.
Without going too far into the weeds I changed the GeckoScience --usb : device numbers to wrong numbers and and all devices worked. Thanks for educating on the difference between port and device ID Lercker.

dmesg | grep tty was the only way I could figure out which USB# was what.

[228766.942022] usb 1-1.3.2.1: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[228767.370940] usb 1-1.3.3.1: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB1
[228767.810847] usb 1-1.3.2.4: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB2
[228768.251056] usb 1-1.3.3.4: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB3
[228771.717338] cp210x ttyUSB3: cp210x converter now disconnected from ttyUSB3
[228771.815581] cp210x ttyUSB2: cp210x converter now disconnected from ttyUSB2
[228771.907701] cp210x ttyUSB1: cp210x converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1
[228772.003725] cp210x ttyUSB0: cp210x converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0

Any other ideas?
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
I have tried with the device numbers as they appear in lsusb with the 0 in front USB084 and without.
I also tried -S /dev/ttyUSB084 as per jstefanop's post, 'for linux it will be /dev/ttyUSBx' however the example is '-S MLD:/dev/ttyUSBx'

The ttyUSBx number does not match the bus device ID. Navigate to the dev folder and search for ttyUSB*. You could just try ttyUSB0 and so on ttyUSB3... usually moolanders show up as the first usb devices and newpacs do not show up there at all. If you have been trying to hotplug them the number could change.
Thanks for the reply, do you have a sample of what the -S should look like in linux?
Before coming here I read this thread in regards to my aforementioned question. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/possible-run-moonlander-2-and-gekkoscience-on-same-pc-windows-5187949
jstefanop gives an example of -S \\.\COM1 -S \\.\COM2 -S \\.\COM3 however that thread refers to a windows .bat file not a linux .sh.

See the second post of this topic:

for linux it will be /dev/ttyUSBx
Code:
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1,d=256 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB1 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=600 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB1:clock=648

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction.

The only command that works so far is as follows.
sudo ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u username.1 -p password -S MLD:ALL --set MLD:clock=600 (This works with and without sudo however must be executed without cgminer running and with -S MLD:ALL not -S ALL or I get 'NO DEVICES FOUND')

I have tried the following without cgminer running, all I get is 'NO DEVICES FOUND'.
sudo ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u username.1 -p password -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB084 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB082 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB083 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB081 --set MLD:clock=600
sudo ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u username.1 -p password -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB84 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB82 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB83 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB81 --set MLD:clock=600
sudo ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u username.1 -p password -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB084 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB082 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB083 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB081 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB084:clock=600 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB082:clock=600 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB083:clock=600 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB081:clock=600
sudo ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u username.1 -p password -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB84 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB82 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB83 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB81 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB84:clock=600 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB82:clock=600 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB83:clock=600 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB81:clock=600

Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely
Thanks for the reply, do you have a sample of what the -S should look like in linux?
Before coming here I read this thread in regards to my aforementioned question. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/possible-run-moonlander-2-and-gekkoscience-on-same-pc-windows-5187949
jstefanop gives an example of -S \\.\COM1 -S \\.\COM2 -S \\.\COM3 however that thread refers to a windows .bat file not a linux .sh.

See the second post of this topic:

for linux it will be /dev/ttyUSBx
Code:
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1,d=256 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB1 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=600 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB1:clock=648
Hi all, I have a PI 4 running Raspios Lite with 10 x NewPac and 1 x r606.
My 4 x Moonlander 2 are currently on a separate hub on a PI 3b+.

I would really like to combine them all on the PI4 but when I start 'bfgminer' I get 'FutureBit Write error: Input/output error'.
The NewPac and r606 running 'cgminer' keep mining without error.

Shutting down cgminer and then executing bfgminer has the moonlander 2 hub mining perfect till I execute cgminer in another screen.

Anyone know how to run both at the same time without conflict?
You have to point cgminer and bfgminer to the miners using --usb and -S. I would also suggest starting the Gekkoscience stuff first.

Using the lsusb command I retrieved usb addresses as follows.

Bus 001 Device 026: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 024: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 021: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 022: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 018: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 070: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 069: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 067: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 068: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 066: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 084: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP2102/CP2109 UART Bridge Controller [CP210x family]
Bus 001 Device 082: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP2102/CP2109 UART Bridge Controller [CP210x family]
Bus 001 Device 083: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP2102/CP2109 UART Bridge Controller [CP210x family]
Bus 001 Device 081: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP2102/CP2109 UART Bridge Controller [CP210x family]

I replaced -S MLD:all with -S \\.\COM84 -S \\.\COM83 -S \\.\COM82 -S \\.\COM81 and got 'no devices found'; with and without cgminer running. (tried winging it with -S MLD:84 and -S MLD:\\.\COM84 with the same no devices found result)
cgminer works  fine using the following added to its start script --usb :26 --usb :24 --usb :21 --usb :22 --usb :18 --usb :83 --usb :81 --usb :4 --usb :70 --usb :69 --usb :67 --usb :68 --usb :66 (must have a space between --usb : or it will generate an error)

Thanks in advance anyone.

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

I would really like to combine them all on the PI4 but when I start 'bfgminer' I get 'FutureBit Write error: Input/output error'.

Shutting down cgminer and then executing bfgminer has the moonlander 2 hub mining perfect till I execute cgminer in another screen.

You have to point cgminer and bfgminer to the miners using --usb and -S. I would also suggest starting the Gekkoscience stuff first.

Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely
Hello Admin, thanks for this little beast, really it's good Smiley

However I have 2 concerns, the first one is that I want to mine in kilo hash instead of MegaHash, I tried multiple clock rate values like 50, 10, and even 1, I noticed that if the configuration file is set to clock=1 the hash rate goes up to 2 Mhash. Is there a way to mine with a slow hash rate, please?

Second question, the unit is making noise while running, even the fan makes my desk vibrate, I can't stand that sound while on my desk and my wife complained about the weird sound and she said, what did you bring to this room to make that sound?

If you have a solution for my first question and if it is possible to lower the hash rate then is it possible to unplug the fan?

I'm trying to save energy and have peace of mind of the annoying sounds coming from the miner.

Please advice.

Thank you

In first post of this topic you can find this:
is anyone interested in selling their moonlander 2?
I'm selling within EU.

I have been mining Litecoin over the past few months, but would like to give Dodgecoin ago. I have searched everywhere but can not find what I need to change or do to my Moonlander2 to change from Litecoin to Dodgecoin...Help Pleas...Guide me as I am not the smart when it come to this stuff...Many Thanks

I know viabtc and binance pays DOGE along with LTC.
If you want only DOGE try some multipool like prohashing ... these pools allows their users to set payouts in any coin. So you're actually mining LTC and DOGE ... but they are selling those LTC )
is anyone interested in selling their moonlander 2?
Activity: 2
Hi Guys

On my Moonlander the Electric Coil (L1) is damaged.
Anyone know the spec from (L1). That was great, then i can change it.

Thanks forwards
Activity: 22
Hello Admin, thanks for this little beast, really it's good Smiley

However I have 2 concerns, the first one is that I want to mine in kilo hash instead of MegaHash, I tried multiple clock rate values like 50, 10, and even 1, I noticed that if the configuration file is set to clock=1 the hash rate goes up to 2 Mhash. Is there a way to mine with a slow hash rate, please?

Second question, the unit is making noise while running, even the fan makes my desk vibrate, I can't stand that sound while on my desk and my wife complained about the weird sound and she said, what did you bring to this room to make that sound?

If you have a solution for my first question and if it is possible to lower the hash rate then is it possible to unplug the fan?

I'm trying to save energy and have peace of mind of the annoying sounds coming from the miner.

Please advice.

Thank you
Activity: 3
Many Thanks for that. I will give that a go
Activity: 155
Merit: 14
I have been mining Litecoin over the past few months, but would like to give Dodgecoin ago. I have searched everywhere but can not find what I need to change or do to my Moonlander2 to change from Litecoin to Dodgecoin...Help Pleas...Guide me as I am not the smart when it come to this stuff...Many Thanks

You have to mine on a pool where you get paid in DOGE (e.g. f2pool).
On most pools you only get paid in LTC.
You can find some YouTube videos if you search for "moonlander 2 doge".
Pages:
Jump to: