Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 7. (Read 71401 times)

Activity: 2072
Merit: 562
Is this miner is available now on amazon and to other online store? and what are the coin is supporting this miner, is this capable to mine Ethereum? Is there anyone here already tried it or buy it? Let me know your experience in using it.  Thanks

you can buy them direct from the Futurebit site - https://shop.futurebit.io/products/moonlander-2-usb-stick-asic-miner-for-scrypt-algorithm-cryptocurrencies?variant=8651174445171

no, it cannot mine Ethereum - these miners are Scrypt algo

The one I had worked great - it is not a large money maker but it is perfect to learn mining on and doesn't cost anything to run basically.

you can not mine Ethereum directly, but...

try some multicoin-multialgo mining pools (for example zpool) to mine scrypt coins with low diff (for example Emerald ;-)) ) and get payed in ETH, BTC, DASH or similar major coins

Thanks for the info sir, I would like to try this one, by the way in your experience is this miner is easy to use? How about the hashrate and the power consumption for this miner? all we know that the antminer is a power hungry miner.
legendary
Activity: 1459
Merit: 1025
i love Emerald (EMD)
Is this miner is available now on amazon and to other online store? and what are the coin is supporting this miner, is this capable to mine Ethereum? Is there anyone here already tried it or buy it? Let me know your experience in using it.  Thanks

you can buy them direct from the Futurebit site - https://shop.futurebit.io/products/moonlander-2-usb-stick-asic-miner-for-scrypt-algorithm-cryptocurrencies?variant=8651174445171

The one I had worked great - it is not a large money maker but it is perfect to learn mining on and doesn't cost anything to run basically.

you can not mine Ethereum directly, but...

try some multicoin-multialgo mining pools (for example zpool) to mine scrypt coins with low diff (for example Emerald ;-)) ) and get payed in ETH, BTC, DASH or similar major coins
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490

Activity: 2072
Merit: 562
Is this miner is available now on amazon and to other online store? and what are the coin is supporting this miner, is this capable to mine Ethereum? Is there anyone here already tried it or buy it? Let me know your experience in using it.  Thanks
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
just got my moonlanders and have been struggling to get them to connect to AntPool

I can mine on any other pool except antpool.  I Believe it is due to the url ( stratum+tcp://stratum-ltc.antpool.com:8888 ). i think the dash - is messing up the syntax or something. other pools i have tried do not have a dash in the url.

anyone find a way around this? happens on my mac, linux laptop, and ras pi.
legendary
well the moonlander did not make it long - I came home to find the usb part still plugged in but the rest of the miner on the ground - it fell apart Sad

is this fixable with solder? or is it just garbage now?

Umm how the hell did that happen? Impossible for it to just fall off without someone smashing into it while its plugged in.

it was on a laptop usb port that was sitting in the middle of a table so the stick was hanging out of the usb port horizontally but was also only 1/2" off the table top so no one really could run into it.  All I can figure is the weight of it was too much - it was like that for a few weeks before it snapped off.

I will try and repair it and put it in a usb hub that holds it upright.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
well the moonlander did not make it long - I came home to find the usb part still plugged in but the rest of the miner on the ground - it fell apart Sad

Umm how the hell did that happen? Impossible for it to just fall off without someone smashing into it while its plugged in.
legendary
is this fixable with solder?

Of course, you just need a USB A-type male plug:

thanks! i didnt even know what to call it lol
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174
https://t.me/laser9un
is this fixable with solder?

Of course, you just need a USB A-type male plug:

legendary

Activity: 19
Hello and good evening. How are you? So random question. Is it possible to have a moonlander 2 act as a gpu? I would like to lower the frequency and mine some other altcoins besides scrypt based. Thank you
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
Hi there, i have several moonlanders connected to a raspberry pi, unfortunately for some reasons the bfgminer crash time to time. Dont know if problem of connection or even lack of memory of rasp ( its model b+ lol ) .
its there any way to bfgminer restart for example if hash drop or even better lets say to restart every 6 hours for example ?
legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely
...snip...

sorry - I forgot to come back and post, it is working fine now. I had it placed in the usb port at the top of the tower - there was a portable drive in the second usb - once I removed the portable drive, the moonlander2 started working fine.

It has been running for about 6-7 hours and has earned 0.00002206 on litecoinpool.org

I am trying to find the best solo pool for one of these and then I am going to move it to a solo pool

OK, NP
Wish you good luck with solo. I had one mining solo LTC since begining (it's almost 2 years now).
As expected no hit ... but little compensation is I'm renting it pretty expensive (and still got some customer time to time.)

A month ago I rent single miner for 8 hours and got 0.0018 LTC.
legendary
I cannot figure out how to get it to work on my pi - so i brought it to the windows pc and this is what I get:

This is my first moonlander so not sure what the issue is.

Looks like something is wrong.
Is the stick brand new or you bought second hand?
Have you done any pot (voltage) adjustments?
Are you using powered USB hub?

or try this to check if miner is OK
Put "-D 2>log.txt" at the end of the bat command. Start it up and it will spit out the log.txt file in same directory.
In there you will see startup sequence and it checks for number of active cores. Should say 64.
(it was posted earlier by jstefanop)

sorry - I forgot to come back and post, it is working fine now. I had it placed in the usb port at the top of the tower - there was a portable drive in the second usb - once I removed the portable drive, the moonlander2 started working fine.

It has been running for about 6-7 hours and has earned 0.00002206 on litecoinpool.org

I am trying to find the best solo pool for one of these and then I am going to move it to a solo pool
Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely
I cannot figure out how to get it to work on my pi - so i brought it to the windows pc and this is what I get:

Looks like something is wrong.
Is the stick brand new or you bought second hand?
Have you done any pot (voltage) adjustments?
Are you using powered USB hub?

or try this to check if miner is OK
Put "-D 2>log.txt" at the end of the bat command. Start it up and it will spit out the log.txt file in same directory.
In there you will see startup sequence and it checks for number of active cores. Should say 64.
(it was posted earlier by jstefanop)
legendary

Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Anybody tried to use bfgminer on baleba.io with Rpi?
Activity: 9

It seems that the "errors" I'm seeing about "Pool 0 is sending mismatched....." is BFGMiner not being able to handle
a pool that switches coins. If I mine just one coin I don't see those errors, however, mining just one coin is much less
profitable than allowing the profit switching pool to do it's thing, so I'm just going to ignore those errors.

I just spent the last few hours fine tuning the memory and core clock voltages and am now getting fewer hardware errors
and I can set a higher clock rate now. Currently getting an average 4.6MH/s from each of them.

I do wish that Futurebit had used different pots for voltage adjustment. Not having a stop at the ends is a bit hazardous
and using pots that are all metal causes the unit to lock up any time you touch the memory voltage pot. That being said, at
least with the memory voltage, once you have it set around 0.75-0.80 volts you don't have to touch it again.

It would be very nice to get the BFGMiner software updated and optimized. I would dive in and give it a shot but after looking
at some of the code there are many aspects of it that are definitely outside my skill set.
Activity: 13
Does anyone know if BFGminer for Raspberry pi has been updated yet to include auto-restart?

I don't think I ever updated those binaries since most people self-compile on pi's. I'll get around to pushing an updated release for these with some fixes after im done with the full node update for the Apollo.

How is the Apollo project coming? Any updates on updating the Moonlander software?

I too would like to know about updating the Moonlander software. I'm still having the issue where one, and it's the same one, constantly drops out of BFGMiner. I'm tired of rebooting my RPi 4 and my USB hub, because it only works correctly for a few hours before it starts doing the same behavior.

Either my Moonlander is defective, or the software needs to be updated.
Pages:
Jump to: