Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 3. (Read 71401 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I have been mining Litecoin over the past few months, but would like to give Dodgecoin ago. I have searched everywhere but can not find what I need to change or do to my Moonlander2 to change from Litecoin to Dodgecoin...Help Pleas...Guide me as I am not the smart when it come to this stuff...Many Thanks
Activity: 28
I cannot setup my moonlander 2

after i open the moonlander 2 file I get this

"Failed to open Device Parameters registry key in lowl-vcom.c _vcom_devinfo_scan_windows_hubport<>:556: The system cannot find the file specified"

PLEASE HELP!!!

https://www.eyeboot.com/download/Futurebit-Moonlander-2-Scrypt-Asic-USB-Miner/MOONLANDER2-USB-Setup-Guide.pdf?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_TYtIt5yNnfcBFQwp4MHH2el_7ThZQtcYCDo8kyMo1N8-1630547739-0-gqNtZGzNAjujcnBszQhl

'
How do you enable multiple Moonlander ‘s all on the same usb board, OR are they All started up with just one execution of the .bat startup script?

PS: a side question, have these miners been discontinued?  Or will there eventually be more for sale?

When you say "same usb board" I'm going to assume you mean the same instance of bfgminer.  Or, in other words, have them all run together in the same mining window.  Yes, its very possible.  Just use the " -S MLD:all" command.  There are many examples of how to set up your .bat script on the forum.  The best one I've found is from the how to guide put together by Eyeboot " https://www.eyeboot.com/download/Futurebit-Moonlander-2-Scrypt-Asic-USB-Miner/MOONLANDER2-USB-Setup-Guide.pdf?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_TYtIt5yNnfcBFQwp4MHH2el_7ThZQtcYCDo8kyMo1N8-1630547739-0-gqNtZGzNAjujcnBszQhl"

Your second question is easily answered; there is no plan to continue but they could if more chips become available.  The project owners have moved on to bigger things including another new project coming out at the end of September.  Check out Futurebit.io for more info
Hi There admin,

i have the issue that i can't mine other scrypt coins than Litecoin because of the coin address format which i think must be reviewed and modify in your BFGminer tool as there are many Scrypt coins out there with different coin address formats starting with A.... instead of L.... for example. using another address than Litecoin results in: "Invalid Coinbase-address"

Please try to solve this issue which will help a lot!

Thanks!

rgds

First, the one thing you should not be doing is mining directly to anything other than your own wallet address.  Using a coinbase address is risky at best.  Scrypt mining is scrypt mining so its got nothing to do with the address.  BFGminer also has nothing to do with your address being rejected.  It has everything to do with what address you're trying to input.  You may just have to mine to a litecoin address and exchange to the coin you actually want.  Some projects are just not supported.  Sorry, but that's the nature of crypto.  It's a pain in the arse and pretty much everyone has a story about how many freakin' wallets they've had to download and build just to mine the coin.  Trust me, its been done and its how its almost always done to make it work.  Its the reason most exchanges exist.
Activity: 2
I cannot setup my moonlander 2

after i open the moonlander 2 file I get this

"Failed to open Device Parameters registry key in lowl-vcom.c _vcom_devinfo_scan_windows_hubport<>:556: The system cannot find the file specified"

PLEASE HELP!!!
Activity: 1
How do you enable multiple Moonlander ‘s all on the same usb board, OR are they All started up with just one execution of the .bat startup script?

PS: a side question, have these miners been discontinued?  Or will there eventually be more for sale?
Activity: 19
Hi There admin,

i have the issue that i can't mine other scrypt coins than Litecoin because of the coin address format which i think must be reviewed and modify in your BFGminer tool as there are many Scrypt coins out there with different coin address formats starting with A.... instead of L.... for example. using another address than Litecoin results in: "Invalid Coinbase-address"

Please try to solve this issue which will help a lot!

Thanks!

rgds

Activity: 146
Merit: 118
mine was horizontal and after a few weeks it just broke - nothing was touching it, it was just sitting on a table with nothing around it.

Again thats impossible. These are reinforced USB ports that solder directly onto the board with two anchors. You would have to take pliers to it to yank it off. Im sure someone in your household bumped into it and was too scared to tell you  Grin

If you want just mail it in and ill fix it for you

this still possible? I pretty much just need the address to ship it to.

@jstefanop - this was my miner that my papa sent to you. Thank you for fixing it. It is running great! I am currently getting close to 4 mh/s with it. But it has only been running about 10 minutes. I just wanted to say thank you Smiley
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
Hi I am a bit of a noob at this and am interested in the moonlander but can it mine yescrypt via a pool?
No, only Scrypt. Yescrypt is a different algorithm.
Hi I am a bit of a noob at this and am interested in the moonlander but can it mine yescrypt via a pool?
Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely
Hello i'm rookie. My question is - how i may add new workers in Start_Moonlander2 file (bfgminer) ? I have few futurebit moonlanders. I use bfgminer and litecoinpool. PLEASE HELP

MY FILE Start_Moonlander2 - conf: bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u Johnny77.1 -p 1,d=128  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
pause

the part "-S MLD:all" says to search for all connected moonladers and use them all as a single worker
If  you want more workers you need to make separate bat file for each to run separate instances (windows).

First you need to find COM port numbers of your moonladers
Then create new bat files and replace  "-S MLD:all" with "-S \\.\COMxx" (where xx are port numbers from previous step )

(check FAQ in the second post of this thread for more details)

Example:
three moonlanders, connected to ports COM3, COM4 and COM6

two bat files:
title Worker1
 bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u Johnny77.1 -p 1,d=128  -S \\.\COM3 --set MLD:clock=600
pause

title Worker2
 bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u Johnny77.2 -p 1,d=128  -S \\.\COM4 -S \\.\COM6 --set MLD:clock=600
pause

Result should be two running bfg windows, 1 stick mining as worker: Johnny77.1 and two sticks mining as worker: Johnny77.2
Hello i'm rookie. My question is - how i may add new workers in Start_Moonlander2 file (bfgminer) ? I have few futurebit moonlanders. I use bfgminer and litecoinpool. PLEASE HELP

MY FILE Start_Moonlander2 - conf: bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u Johnny77.1 -p 1,d=128  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600
pause
Hi I cant get my BFG Miner to run at all. Everytime i click on it it boots up and shuts down, with the pause command it just shuts off right after. I followed every online tutorial to no avail. considering trying to run under a guest user on my pc. It just reads

C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Mining software\bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-win64\bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-win64>pause
Press any key to continue . . .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
[2021-06-12 11:33:52] Started bfgminer 5.4.2-38-g106390a99                                                                                                                            

started miner comes up first then just nothing else happens it just shuts off, like my miner isn't connecting to anything. PLEASE HELP ME
Activity: 7
My Moonlanders are grinding to a halt and after a couple of hours mining. BFGminer says no miners found and rate drops to zero.

If i go to BFGMINER, press M and + and do "all", the moonlanders start back up again.

Is there a way to auto check if the rate has dropped and restart the moonlanders without having to check and do it manually?
Running them via a Raspberry Pi

Thanks
Activity: 7
Got 2 Moonlanders running on a Rasp Pi Zero with BFGMiner.

problem is that the speed is dropping every few seconds on both of them, until it is 0 speed after an hour.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Activity: 8
I am running (2) two Moonlander 2's with a R PI 3 and powered by an Anker 10 Port 60W, 12V / 5A.

They both run good for about 2 days, until one drops off, leaving a single unit correctly hashing.

I know this isn't the most industrial grade USB hub in the world - but I assumed it would be enough juice...

Wondering if it might be something with my software.

This is a copy of what I get when I "q" out. Am I doing something wrong? Running bfgminer5.4.2-34

-

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u USERNAME -p 1 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=540

[2021-06-05 21:27:14]
Summary of runtime statistics:

[2021-06-05 21:27:14] Started at [2021-06-05 01:15:42]
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Pool: stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Runtime: 20 hrs : 11 mins : 31 secs
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Average hashrate: 5.9 Megahash/s
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Solved blocks: 0
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Best share difficulty: 41
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Share submissions: 7737
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Accepted shares: 7711
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Rejected shares: 26 + 0 stale (0.00%)
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Accepted difficulty shares: 102
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Rejected difficulty shares: 0
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Hardware errors: 537
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Network transfer:  2.43 /  1.01 MB  ( 33.4 /  13.9  B/s)
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Efficiency (accepted shares * difficulty / 2 KB): 0.06
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Utility (accepted shares / min): 6.36/min

[2021-06-05 21:27:14] Unable to get work from server occasions: 0
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Work items generated locally: 16175
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] Submitting work remotely delay occasions: 0
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] New blocks detected on network: 463

[2021-06-05 21:27:14] Summary of per device statistics:

[2021-06-05 21:27:14] MLD0        | 20s: 0.00 avg: 2.89 u: 2.93 Mh/s | A:3717 R:13+0(.36%) HW:53/.05%
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14] MLD1        | 20s: 3.04 avg: 3.03 u: 3.06 Mh/s | A:3994 R:13+0(.36%) HW:484/.45%
 [2021-06-05 21:27:14]  
Shutdown signal received.

(Thank you)
UPDATE PLIS FOR RPI 3 AND WINDOWS NOT STABIL WORK Huh

I made some python script for raspberry pi 4 that will automatically restart entire system when hashrate goes down.
I use it for litecoinpool.org
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import time
import os

number = 0

hashRateTresh = 3000 # HASHRATE that it will restart

try:
    # For Python 3.0 and later
    from urllib.request import urlopen
except ImportError:
    # Fall back to Python 2's urllib2
    from urllib2 import urlopen

import json

def get_jsonparsed_data(url):
    """
    Receive the content of ``url``, parse it as JSON and return the object.

Parameters
    ----------
    url : str

Returns
    -------
    dict
    """

response = urlopen(url)
    data = response.read().decode("utf-8")
    return json.loads(data)

while number < 21: #GIVES TIME TO CONNECT
 url = ("https://www.litecoinpool.org/api?api_key=")  #PUT YOUR LITECOINPOOL API HERE
 info = (get_jsonparsed_data(url))
 y = json.dumps(info)
 file = json.loads(y)

fileI = file["user"]

q = json.dumps(fileI)
 w = json.loads(q)
 print (w["hash_rate"])

hashRate = w["hash_rate"]

if(hashRate < hashRateTresh):  #THIS WILL RESTART IN 20 SEC IF HASHRATE IS DOWN"""
    print ("LOW HASHRATE")
    time.sleep(1)
    number = number + 1
    if(number > 20):
        print ("RESTART")
        os.system('sudo shutdown -r now')
    else:
        print (number)
 else:
    print ("OK")
 time.sleep(3)
Just add it in your autostart.

Donate LTC: MDnqqNHyC9uAuaiGLc9Pkqb4Xj5jPvLg7u
Activity: 167
UPDATE PLIS FOR RPI 3 AND WINDOWS NOT STABIL WORK Huh
What do the abbreviations mean across the top of bfgminer?

ST:   F:     NB:    AS:   BW:     E:    BS:

1 moonlander,  I got an F:  2   on litecoinpool,   and I would be really amazed that I found 2 LTC blocks in about 2 weeks with one stick.

press H for help

LU: oldest explicit work update currently being used for new work
ST: work in queue              | F: network fails   | NB: new blocks detected
AS: shares being submitted     | BW: bandwidth (up/down)
E: # shares * diff per 2kB bw  | I: expected income | BS: best share ever found
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

devices/processors hashing (only for totals line), hottest temperature
hashrates: 20s decaying / all-time average / all-time average (effective)
A: accepted shares | R: rejected+discarded(% of total)
HW: hardware errors / % nonces invalid

Press any key to clear
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
What do the abbreviations mean across the top of bfgminer?

ST:   F:     NB:    AS:   BW:     E:    BS:

1 moonlander,  I got an F:  2   on litecoinpool,   and I would be really amazed that I found 2 LTC blocks in about 2 weeks with one stick.
Pages:
Jump to: