Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 6. (Read 71401 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 2
someone know if can be repair it? , that was more than 1 year ago and checking my hardware stuff i found all my futurebit xD
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I have 10 moonlanders and I just bought another one I got a new razer keyboard when I start BFG miner I get the following error

Failed to open Device Parameters registry key in lowl-vcom.c _vcom_devinfo_scan_windows__hubport():556: The system cannot find the file specified.
 ):556: The system cannot find the file specified.

it hashs and the shares are accepted can anyone tell me how to fix it

Activity: 92
Merit: 1
Ah ok. Managed to tweak it a little more and it's now settled at 4.2 mh/s and around 1% HW errors, so vhappy. Just don't really know how those final tweaks became effective!
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
To be honest, not having a whole lot of luck. After about 10 hours if tweaking (not really knowing exactly what I'm doing), I'm getting a consistent 3.8 / 4 mh/s and about .4% HW errors. I don't seem to be able to achieve what others are getting, but perhaps it's just the pool I'm on.

Thats pretty good...
To be honest, not having a whole lot of luck. After about 10 hours if tweaking (not really knowing exactly what I'm doing), I'm getting a consistent 3.8 / 4 mh/s and about .4% HW errors. I don't seem to be able to achieve what others are getting, but perhaps it's just the pool I'm on.
legendary
My Moonlander didn't come with the screwed preset as described. Flat edge for both of them were set South West. Too scared to adjust them now you''ve (OP) said there's no limit!

Thats fine, stock settings have changed since those pics were taken, if you see lots of errors you can slowly turn the main voltage pot to the + side and that should help.
My Moonlander didn't come with the screwed preset as described. Flat edge for both of them were set South West. Too scared to adjust them now you''ve (OP) said there's no limit!
Activity: 24
May i know does anyone by chance have any solutions for using moonlander 2 on virtualbox ubuntu?
I had enabled usb 3.0 on the settings as well as added the filter for the drivers and moonlander2
When i opened my ubuntu in virtualbox, the device > usb shows a tick on my moonlander 2 too.

But when i run bfgminer, says waiting for devices and also says Segmentation fault (core dumped) . Thanks in advance

p/s: may i know is there a huge difference in result using windows vs linux to mine?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
mine was horizontal and after a few weeks it just broke - nothing was touching it, it was just sitting on a table with nothing around it.

Again thats impossible. These are reinforced USB ports that solder directly onto the board with two anchors. You would have to take pliers to it to yank it off. Im sure someone in your household bumped into it and was too scared to tell you  Grin

If you want just mail it in and ill fix it for you

You can say that but I can attest to how it was positioned - there is no possibility of someone bumping it where it was placed. The laptop it was connected to sits on a table where the usb stick hung over the table that the laptop rests upon so it was not as if it was hanging out into open space where it could be run into accidentally or intentionally.

would it have mattered which way was facing up? ie fan on the underside or topside? in my case it hung with the fan on the underside.

Nope, moonlander weights 50 grams, would take at least a pound of force to even begin to bend it. You can even tell in your picture that the metal tab that holds it in place was sheered off (ie it was not a bad solder where the tab was not even soldered in place), this would take an incredible amount of force to do, and most likely was a blunt force from the side to make the metal tear off like that.

well i can still validate and promise that no one bumped it. the  "table" it rests upon is 5 feet off the ground and is not anywhere someone could bump it other than myself.

That all being said - it was given to me - I was not the original purchaser and when I received it the usb portion was - wobbly - not sure if that is the best word - it would rock side to side a couple of degrees. So, perhaps it was already damaged.

I would welcome a repair if you are still willing to do so knowing that I got it used. If so - where would I send it to?
legendary
mine was horizontal and after a few weeks it just broke - nothing was touching it, it was just sitting on a table with nothing around it.

Again thats impossible. These are reinforced USB ports that solder directly onto the board with two anchors. You would have to take pliers to it to yank it off. Im sure someone in your household bumped into it and was too scared to tell you  Grin

You can say that but I can attest to how it was positioned - there is no possibility of someone bumping it where it was placed. The laptop it was connected to sits on a table where the usb stick hung over the table that the laptop rests upon so it was not as if it was hanging out into open space where it could be run into accidentally or intentionally.

would it have mattered which way was facing up? ie fan on the underside or topside? in my case it hung with the fan on the underside.

Nope, moonlander weights 50 grams, would take at least a pound of force to even begin to bend it. You can even tell in your picture that the metal tab that holds it in place was sheered off (ie it was not a bad solder where the tab was not even soldered in place), this would take an incredible amount of force to do, and most likely was a blunt force from the side to make the metal tear off like that.
legendary

legendary

No thats an old listing from a reseller that still has the prototype image up. Moonlander 2 is officially EOL, the ASIC for this is no longer in production Sad
legendary

legendary
So have you tried resoldering it back on?

No - I still need to buy a replacement piece.
Activity: 88
So have you tried resoldering it back on?
legendary
Activity: 88
Activity: 13
hey everyone, new here and just saw this, and was curious how to set this up and could i buy 7 and run them on a 7port usb port hub ? currently new and using only nicehash with gpus lol
You will need to make sure that the port alignment is horizontal, and not vertical. I have a 7 port AmazonBasics hub, and have to space the moonlanders apart with two ports in between, because the Fan and Heatsinks jut out in front and behind.
legendary
Activity: 1459
Merit: 1025
i love Emerald (EMD)
Is this miner is available now on amazon and to other online store? and what are the coin is supporting this miner, is this capable to mine Ethereum? Is there anyone here already tried it or buy it? Let me know your experience in using it.  Thanks

you can buy them direct from the Futurebit site - https://shop.futurebit.io/products/moonlander-2-usb-stick-asic-miner-for-scrypt-algorithm-cryptocurrencies?variant=8651174445171

no, it cannot mine Ethereum - these miners are Scrypt algo

The one I had worked great - it is not a large money maker but it is perfect to learn mining on and doesn't cost anything to run basically.

you can not mine Ethereum directly, but...

try some multicoin-multialgo mining pools (for example zpool) to mine scrypt coins with low diff (for example Emerald ;-)) ) and get payed in ETH, BTC, DASH or similar major coins

Thanks for the info sir, I would like to try this one, by the way in your experience is this miner is easy to use? How about the hashrate and the power consumption for this miner? all we know that the antminer is a power hungry miner.

you get (for the moment) 6sat BTC on a futurebit moonlander 2 with 5MH/s at 10watt
for more details you can visit this site
https://www.emeraldcrypto.de/Mining/Emerald_TinyMiner.html
to an mining application for futurebit moonlander 2
Activity: 7
hey everyone, new here and just saw this, and was curious how to set this up and could i buy 7 and run them on a 7port usb port hub ? currently new and using only nicehash with gpus lol
Pages:
Jump to: