Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread - page 4. (Read 71401 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi,

i like many others have been trying to setup a Raspberry pi, mine it with a TTBit but from what i can work out they are the same as the Moonlander2 .  i do have mine working but BFGMiner keeps closing down.

First a little history, i have tested the ASIC using BFGminer on a windows PC and it worked flawless for several weeks. that PC is now mining with GPU so i needed to find an alternative. i first went with a PI 3 which i soon realised couldn't handle the power on its own USB.  i had a Pi 4 which did work and initially showed up the problem where is closes.  i then tried a beaglebone black, which only has USB 2 so that was the same as the pi 3.  i then got a powered USB hub and tried it again on the Pi 4 and the problem is still there, i then tried it on the BBB with the powered hub and it works but then closes the same as on the pi 4.

so the problem is that it closes anywhere between 30 and 45 mins with a segmentation fault, see below.  this is driving me crazy because i know it works on windows.  help!

bfgminer 5.4.2-38-g106390a - Start: [2021-04-22 10:31:37] - [  0 days 00:34:39]
 [M]anage devices [P]ool management Settings [D]isplay options  [H]elp [Q]uit
 Pool 0: s3.solopool.org     Diff:3  +Strtm  LU:[11:05:23]  User:LL9bRqoNn2VUoGF
 Block: ...9cd12ab570484de9  Diff:10.8M (77.27T)  Started: [11:04:28]  I:59.73./start.sh: line 1:  2605 Segmentation fault      ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://s3.solopool.org:8009 -u LL9bRqoNn2VUoGFn69zm4cu9UzWJN76moM.RIG1 -p x,d=128 -S ALL --set MLD:clock=600------------------------------------------------------
 MLD 0:       |  3.41/ 3.4debian@beaglebone:~/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6$ ---------------------------------------------------------------------
ot 512-1023)
 [2021-04-22 11:00:59] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
Activity: 1
Hi,

I bought the Moonlander 2 and tried getting it up and ready on my pi 3 using the following tutorials:
https://jonjones.co/blog/mining-moonlander-2-raspberry-pi/
https://steemit.com/raspberry/@qctechno/howto-install-futurebit-moonlander-2-usb-scrypt-miner-with-raspberrypi-3

But I always get this error when I try to run "./moonlander.sh" or "./bfgminer --help":
./bfgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I then tried installing "libncurses.so.5" and all other libncurses libs and got the following error:
E: Unable to locate package lib32ncurses5

Can anybody help me fix this and get the Moonlander 2 running?
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174
https://t.me/laser9un
Is there a 32-bit version of the driver? I only have two miners and want to run them on an old computer but it's running 32-bit Vista...

https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/software/CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip
Activity: 3
Is there a 32-bit version of the driver? I only have two miners and want to run them on an old computer but it's running 32-bit Vista...
Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely
I'm, getting 0.0002 Ł a day on litecoinpool.org with two of them running at 4Mh/s each.
So about 0.02 USD a day each, yes.

I just rented one for 2 days, earned 0.00003058 BTC.

What a great return, Are you saying rented it for 2 days, and returned about $1.50.
Is that through your referral link, if so i must try it

Yes, and I didn't sold the BTC.
It's the MRR reflink. Register, put in your current pool + couple backup pools.
Just set price 2-5x the average ...  someone still buys it time to time.
Activity: 3
I'm, getting 0.0002 Ł a day on litecoinpool.org with two of them running at 4Mh/s each.

What a great return, Are you saying rented it for 2 days, and returned about $1.50.
Is that through your referral link, if so i must try it
Hey guys,

i have a Problem, i got 2 Moonlanders today i want to run them on my Pi4 but BFG Miner keeps saying NO DEVICE FOUND.

When i try to add one manually the orange LED on the Moonlander blinks once but nothing happens.

Does anyone have an Idea?
Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely

Activity: 47
Are these doing $0.02 per day? Is it profitable or am I missing something?
Activity: 8
Moriaville,

Install the following:

sudo apt install libncurses5 libncurses5-dev

Wink

Yes! That did it! Thanks so much.
Moriaville,

Install the following:

sudo apt install libncurses5 libncurses5-dev

Wink
Trying to get the ML2 up and running on a Raspberry Pi 3.

From a fresh OS install, I followed @Astrali instructions from the first page of this thread to the letter.

I get this error.

pi@raspberrypi:~/miner $ cd bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6
pi@raspberrypi:~/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6 $ sudo ./start_moonlander2.sh
./bfgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi:~/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6 $

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

With the craze of Dogecoin and all the stock stuff, I took my Moonlander 2's out of the closet.

I set all the Moonlander software and I am good to go when mining through a pool.

I have also downloaded the Dogecoin-qt wallet to Mac OS.
It is synced with the network.

I am having trouble connecting the Moonlander 2's to my Dogecoin wallet.
it just doesn't work.

Do I need to have dogecoind going?
(honestly, not even sure what it is)

Anyway, any help would be super appreciated!!!
Hi all.
Can someone give me the details of the type of screws for mount the fan on moonlander 2 ? I have several moonlanders running with an external fan, so i remove all small fans long time ago but now when try mount the fans again i notice that all screws gonne  Huh Huh  Shocked
So probably the daughters or wife   Undecided
So i need the specs of screws . Any help would be nice ( info or place to buy )
Thanks in advance

ps:
Found it : M2.5x20mm steel screws  Grin

I am looking for Moonlander 2's to buy. Are any of yours for sale?
Just fired up my Moonlanders again for giggles!
Got 4 of 6 running real easy.  The other 2 show the green LED but cant see them.  Any clues?

I am looking for Moonlander 2's to buy. Are any of yours for sale?
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
Hi all.
Can someone give me the details of the type of screws for mount the fan on moonlander 2 ? I have several moonlanders running with an external fan, so i remove all small fans long time ago but now when try mount the fans again i notice that all screws gonne  Huh Huh  Shocked
So probably the daughters or wife   Undecided
So i need the specs of screws . Any help would be nice ( info or place to buy )
Thanks in advance

ps:
Found it : M2.5x20mm steel screws  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
This is on a Mac? Open a terminal and type

ls /dev/cu.SLAB*

You should see the port numbers of the moonlanders you have in your system, then you add each with an -S flag in your start file. What you have in there now won't work.

ie -S MLD:/dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART1 -S MLD:/dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART2 etc.
Ok new issue.   But this seems to be related to the cp210x.  In ubuntu 18.04 LTS linux distro, I have successfully got the moonlander mining Verge coin.  The problem I am having is when I connect a Gekkoscience newpac miner to the system.  I am not Linux tech savy enough to correct the issue.   What happens is that when moonlander is running it'll start erroring out with input/output errors.  I can't have both of them running at the same time.  Even with Moonlander connected to a USB2.0 port and running the newpac on a USB 3.0 port.

When I run the following command: dmesg | grep ttyUSB it appears the cp210x will disconnect from ttyusb0 (moonlander is on) and connect to ttyusb1 (gekko newpac is on) and alternate between the two causing bfgminer to fail on the moonlander.

Any ideas on how to keep it from alternating like this and have both running together?  I tested on my windows machine and both are able to work together without issue.  Ubuntu on the other hand no so.  When I ran the below command 'before' launching the mining software, it showed correctly moonlander device on usb0 and the gekko on usb1.  'After' running the miner, the below is what happens and I believe is the reason for the issue.  Soon I will be attaching an Arduino Uno for some electronic projects I am working on and believe this will possibly create issues with it as well.  Help is appreciated.  Just don't know how to correct.   Thanks

You need to figure out which tty each is attached too, and make sure you specify in bfgminer/cgminer to not auto-scan (ie use the -S /dev/ttyUSB0) flag.

My driver is pretty good at filtering out the right ASIC before injecting commands to the chip, but im pretty sure gekkosciences driver starts sending commands as soon as it finds a UART chip, which is why it screws up the moonlanders. Make sure auto-scan is not enabled will keep each driver from trying to send commands to the wrong usb miner.

Check out the first page, answers are in the FAQ section.
Is this possible to do on Terminal? What is the command to turn off auto-scan? I how do I discover the USB bus address?

I know you don't manufacture the device, but it seems that the VCP driver used with the MacOS ML2 install causes cgminer to not be able to detect the NewPacs. Do you think rerouting both devices to their specific corresponding USB address would avoid this error?

I'm new to this and have really been enjoying learning through this trouble shooting process. My next step is to crib from the Linux process described in the original response to your above post #1894.

ALSO, I ordered the BTC full node and 2 standard units to pair with it. I dig your ethos, man. Thanks.

Check out the FAQ section on the first page of this thread...answers are in there.

Kicking myself for not reading that all the way through...

I followed those instructions but I am struggling finding the bus and port number.

| | +-o FutureBit Moonlander 2@14320000 
  | | |   {
  | | |     "sessionID" = 89647696327114
  | | |     "idProduct" = 60000
  | | |     "iManufacturer" = 1
  | | |     "bDeviceClass" = 0
  | | |     "bMaxPacketSize0" = 64
  | | |     "bcdDevice" = 256
  | | |     "iProduct" = 2
  | | |     "iSerialNumber" = 3
  | | |     "bNumConfigurations" = 1
  | | |     "Bus Power Available" = 250
  | | |     "USB Address" = 34
  | | |     "Built-In" = No
  | | |     "locationID" = 338821120
  | | |     "bDeviceSubClass" = 0
  | | |     "bcdUSB" = 512
  | | |     "USB Product Name" = "FutureBit Moonlander 2"
  | | |     "PortNum" = 2
  | | |     "non-removable" = "no"
  | | |     "kUSBSerialNumberString" = "7ca1b51a5bcee611bad3a7bc30f55f2b"
  | | |     "bDeviceProtocol" = 0
  | | |     "AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID" = 4294981663
  | | |     "IOCFPlugInTypes" = {"9dc7b780-9ec0-11d4-a54f-000a27052861"="IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle"}
  | | |     "IOPowerManagement" = {"DevicePowerState"=0,"CurrentPowerState"=3,"CapabilityFlags"=65536,"MaxPowerState"=4,"DriverPowerState"=3}
  | | |     "Device Speed" = 1
  | | |     "USB Vendor Name" = "FutureBit"
  | | |     "idVendor" = 4292
  | | |     "kUSBCurrentConfiguration" = 1
  | | |     "IOGeneralInterest" = "IOCommand is not serializable"
  | | |     "kUSBProductString" = "FutureBit Moonlander 2"
  | | |     "USB Serial Number" = "7ca1b51a5bcee611bad3a7bc30f55f2b"
  | | |     "kUSBVendorString" = "FutureBit"
  | | |     "IOClassNameOverride" = "IOUSBDevice"
  | | |   }
  | | |   

I'm reading as 34:2 but when I add that value for X -

#!/bin/sh
cd -- "$(dirname "$0")"
cd bin
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u moriaville.moonl0 -p 1 -S MLD:cu.SLAB_USBtoUART34:2 --set MLD:clock=700

The software says "NO DEVICES FOUND".

Thanks for your help.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
mine was horizontal and after a few weeks it just broke - nothing was touching it, it was just sitting on a table with nothing around it.

Again thats impossible. These are reinforced USB ports that solder directly onto the board with two anchors. You would have to take pliers to it to yank it off. Im sure someone in your household bumped into it and was too scared to tell you  Grin

If you want just mail it in and ill fix it for you

this still possible? I pretty much just need the address to ship it to.
Pages:
Jump to: