Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 182. (Read 678353 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
March 06, 2014, 11:48:03 AM
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Mining-Technology/Haverford-Pennsylvania-19041/Advanced-Mining-Technology-AMT-miners-AMT-are-frauds-and-crooks-Haverford-Pennsylvania-1128668

posted a complaint on these guys.

I am also filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. here is the link. I strongly suggest you all do the same if you ever want to recoup your losses. Wire fraud? It's a big deal.

https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx

AMT needs to be stopped.
+100000!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
March 06, 2014, 11:10:30 AM
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Mining-Technology/Haverford-Pennsylvania-19041/Advanced-Mining-Technology-AMT-miners-AMT-are-frauds-and-crooks-Haverford-Pennsylvania-1128668

posted a complaint on these guys.

I am also filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. here is the link. I strongly suggest you all do the same if you ever want to recoup your losses. Wire fraud? It's a big deal.

https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx

AMT needs to be stopped.
March 06, 2014, 10:52:33 AM
AMT's web site today (3/5/2014) states: "March delivery still available." for their 1.2 TH units. My 1.2 TH unit, ordered and paid for by wire transfer in 11/2013 and promised for delivery by 1/25/2014 still has not arrived. My calls and emails went unanswered until I mentioned a web site I was putting together http://www.advancedminers-clients.com in my email. Jim Brown and Joshua then contacted me via email and phone call not to put anything on the web site and they would upgrade my machine if I was quiet. On 2/14/2014 and then 2/18/2014 they said my machine would ship "next week." Machine is still not here and they are again ignoring my requests for an update. My current equipment runs at 100 GH/second, and I have mined 0.9 BC since the new machine was to be delivered. With the 1.2 TH machine I ordered, if delivered on time, it would have generated 10.9 BC by today. In Slush's pool, the 5 day average production at my hashrate has decreased to 1/3 during this period as the total hashrates increase. I hope AMT will actually deliver my machine at some point and that it is before the thing is just an expensive paperweight.

email sent...

I am order #610. I placed my order 11/11/13 when the price was still $5499. I had to wait to pay for almost a month. By then then they had raised the price by another $500. They would NOT honor my original invoice and i was forced to pay the additional cost. My delivery date according to Jim Brown was to be the first week of January 2014. This date was not meet. They never even bothered to send me an email or contact me in any way to let me know my miner would be late. The second delivery date was Feb. 27 2014. This date came and went with no emails, phone calls or any information given why my miner was not being delivered. I have sent email after email trying to get answers from AMT - they do NOT respond. The only response I have received from AMT has been in the form of a post they made on bitcointalk.com. They told me I was "harassing" them. That's right... trying to get information on my $6000 order is harassment to AMT. These guys are either the worst customer service oriented company on earth or they are thieves. I am in the process of speaking with an attorney now.

Craig Lenell
I assume you haven't gotten the refund check they said that they would send you?

nope, after all of jim's threats and "now you don't get you miner like everyone else next week" speeches - I have noting to show for it. he has threatened to not send my miner and then he threatened to "punish" me by making me "mine (my) money back". These guys are beyond terrible. All they could have going for them at this point would be a good stream of communication. They no longer have the benefit of delivering on time. Maybe they should try emphasizing on communication because delivery/production just isn't work out for them. No one can tell these assholes anything. It's like their mom's are there at the shop patting them on the back saying "great job boys. keep up the good work. you're doing your best" and this somehow excuses shitty customer service and non delivery. Unbelievable.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
March 06, 2014, 10:04:09 AM
AMT's web site today (3/5/2014) states: "March delivery still available." for their 1.2 TH units. My 1.2 TH unit, ordered and paid for by wire transfer in 11/2013 and promised for delivery by 1/25/2014 still has not arrived. My calls and emails went unanswered until I mentioned a web site I was putting together http://www.advancedminers-clients.com in my email. Jim Brown and Joshua then contacted me via email and phone call not to put anything on the web site and they would upgrade my machine if I was quiet. On 2/14/2014 and then 2/18/2014 they said my machine would ship "next week." Machine is still not here and they are again ignoring my requests for an update. My current equipment runs at 100 GH/second, and I have mined 0.9 BC since the new machine was to be delivered. With the 1.2 TH machine I ordered, if delivered on time, it would have generated 10.9 BC by today. In Slush's pool, the 5 day average production at my hashrate has decreased to 1/3 during this period as the total hashrates increase. I hope AMT will actually deliver my machine at some point and that it is before the thing is just an expensive paperweight.

email sent...

I am order #610. I placed my order 11/11/13 when the price was still $5499. I had to wait to pay for almost a month. By then then they had raised the price by another $500. They would NOT honor my original invoice and i was forced to pay the additional cost. My delivery date according to Jim Brown was to be the first week of January 2014. This date was not meet. They never even bothered to send me an email or contact me in any way to let me know my miner would be late. The second delivery date was Feb. 27 2014. This date came and went with no emails, phone calls or any information given why my miner was not being delivered. I have sent email after email trying to get answers from AMT - they do NOT respond. The only response I have received from AMT has been in the form of a post they made on bitcointalk.com. They told me I was "harassing" them. That's right... trying to get information on my $6000 order is harassment to AMT. These guys are either the worst customer service oriented company on earth or they are thieves. I am in the process of speaking with an attorney now.

Craig Lenell
I assume you haven't gotten the refund check they said that they would send you?
legendary
March 06, 2014, 09:14:53 AM
AMT,
Are you listening?
Besides all reductions things said here i just can not understand how you can sell something for x amount and after that request customer to pay x + y because of the price raise?
Complete nonsense o am shocked Angry
The sad thing is that is made by US company!!!!!!!!!1   
March 06, 2014, 08:57:14 AM

email sent...

Craig Lenell
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
March 06, 2014, 06:06:14 AM
So still no word?

I called their fax line to see if I'd get the modem sound, but the fax number is no longer valid. Though to be fair I never called it so it may never have been valid. I wonder what would happen if we showed up, with our paid invoices in hand, only instead of showing up by ourselves we showed of with some of philadelphia's finest accompanying us? I dropped 5K+ on the miner it's no thing for me to drop a couple hundred for a plane ride.

Maybe we could have an AMT customer appreciation gathering outside their office. Phin could hold one outside the mason lodge if he wants though.

We could build a bonfire and make sure we bring torches to light it, and pitch forks.... the throw more hay on the fire.

And if nothing else I get a genuine philly cheese steak while I'm in town.
Activity: 504
March 06, 2014, 02:49:20 AM
I like working boards in hand. I am not a MANUFACTURER Grin

What good are working boards going to do you, in your hands? Tongue

You need a bunch of working boards, in a machine!  Grin
legendary
March 06, 2014, 02:44:55 AM

Would you like schematics? (lol, just kidding... I am keeping those to myself. Not sure they were intended to be seen. JK.)
I like working boards in hand. I am not a MANUFACTURER Grin
March 06, 2014, 02:09:34 AM
You know that this board is not working, do you?

I hope so... that is what they say is in the two new miners models... 2.4THs and 3.6THs. Tongue

They wouldn't make a whole mock-up if it didn't work. (That is one of a whole punch-sheet. You can see the second board just below the knock-out tabs.) Well, again, I hope they wouldn't!

Has a ( QC #8 ) stamp on it... Tongue

That RNC or PNC logo might clue us in to the actual board MFG. (Hard to read that logo.)

Here is PNC...
http://www.eeweb.com/websites/pnc-inc.-from-pcb-design-to-turnkey-pcb-assembly

EDIT:

Yea, it is PNC, that is the logo on the boards I find online in google-images for "PNC INC". This image is somewhere on the PNC website. (It is hotlinked, so not sure where.)

Image is upside-down... logo is on the top right, by the number "4308" which is upside-down... Tongue Looks like "80Eh"... logo is just below that, well, above if the image was the right way. Also the numbers-ID follows the same format, Starting with the logo "PNC" and ending in "4B94V-O" (That I believe is a PCB specification)

That company is in New Jersey. Right next door to them.

Would you like schematics? (lol, just kidding... I am keeping those to myself. Not sure they were intended to be seen. JK.)
legendary
March 06, 2014, 12:42:45 AM
ummm what deadline? we cant even get AMT to give another fake delivery date. they arent even pretending to be reputable anymore.

I still have not even gotten an e-mail from them, explaining why my first delivery-date was missed... or saying it was going to be late... Or even confirming my order that I placed.

Is it too much to ask, for at-least the website to show the estimated delivery, or have direct customer notices addressed to us?

Sure, I saw the notices here, but not all customers are members here. I am sure a whole bunch of them are freaking-out, not knowing what we know. Hell, some of us here are freaking-out, knowing what we know here. (Not from Phinn, from you AMT. Tongue)

I still want my miner to have these boards...

Not the other ones. Tongue

Better heat distribution and cooling potential. Using sandwiched heat-pipe or water-cooling blocks. I have a bunch of square aluminum tube, without a purpose, which would span two chips on either side. With the next layer above being the next board, then more aluminum square tubing. etc...
You know that this board is not working, do you?
March 06, 2014, 12:03:10 AM
ummm what deadline? we cant even get AMT to give another fake delivery date. they arent even pretending to be reputable anymore.

I still have not even gotten an e-mail from them, explaining why my first delivery-date was missed... or saying it was going to be late... Or even confirming my order that I placed.

Is it too much to ask, for at-least the website to show the estimated delivery, or have direct customer notices addressed to us?

Sure, I saw the notices here, but not all customers are members here. I am sure a whole bunch of them are freaking-out, not knowing what we know. Hell, some of us here are freaking-out, knowing what we know here. (Not from Phinn, from you AMT. Tongue)

I still want my miner to have these boards...

Not the other ones. Tongue

Better heat distribution and cooling potential. Using sandwiched heat-pipe or water-cooling blocks. I have a bunch of square aluminum tube, without a purpose, which would span two chips on either side. With the next layer above being the next board, then more aluminum square tubing. etc...
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
March 06, 2014, 12:02:07 AM
March 05, 2014, 11:36:36 PM
I wonder if history channel or national geographic channel will put on a special about how hard AMT is working to meet this deadline.

Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
March 05, 2014, 11:02:32 PM
I wonder if history channel or national geographic channel will put on a special about how hard AMT is working to meet this deadline.
March 05, 2014, 10:47:48 PM
I heard they were planning on shipping today regular cased 1.2's and in 1-2 days rack cased 1.2's, but I haven't been able to reach anyone over the phone to confirm it. I heard the board problems have been resolved for now.

where did you gain this information.

where did you get this information? psychic hotline?
March 05, 2014, 10:42:11 PM
I paid for those grapes.
I ate those grapes... I hated those damn things... They look like M&M's that spent too long in the hot-tub, died, and turned purple, but still moved... Like zombie-M&Ms!

Won't mention the other thing they resembled, when they stood side by side, holding the Saxophone between them... But you can use your imagination for that one.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
March 05, 2014, 10:10:17 PM
I paid for those grapes.
Activity: 854
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
March 05, 2014, 10:04:50 PM
I heard they were planning on shipping today regular cased 1.2's and in 1-2 days rack cased 1.2's, but I haven't been able to reach anyone over the phone to confirm it. I heard the board problems have been resolved for now.

He heard it through the grapevine.

Damn it now I want raisins.

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
March 05, 2014, 09:43:58 PM

Jump to: