Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 86. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 253
March 28, 2014, 08:47:52 PM
I am in America... Another saying comes to mind .. "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

My mistake, Thought you said you were from the U.K. Must have been someone else.

I'm not familiar with that term, but yea, totally makes sense.
March 28, 2014, 08:30:26 PM
Let me sum this all up in two words "hot mess"

here in America the term is "steaming pile" But I think the meaning still comes across Wink
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 28, 2014, 08:27:10 PM
ya. and glad I have a recently bought Ant pharm. Them suckas are getting cheaper every week..
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 28, 2014, 08:09:27 PM
All I am saying is its utterly retarded to be discussing ANYTHING of a legal nature in a public forum. For football fans thats like giving away the playbook. That being said...again I am holding out for my miner. They clearly have them they are clearly making them. Figure I will hold out and see what happens. There are still 3 days left for me to hear back from them about anything. If they are going to be late (which is presumed at this point) I would just like to know and know why. I would be ok with getting a disassembled miner if it meant I got my order faster (as I emailed and posted earlier). But they are not responding any more at this point today. Hopefully they are just working out how to do that and make it up to the people who were expecting a fully assembled device.

There were 2 technical reasons that were mentioned that may be responsible for the delay.

(1) 1 in every 8 coincraft A1 chips are claimed to be defective.  Which should not be an issue since you should be able to test a chip before you mount in on the board!  Anyway, they appear to have the software compensate for the flawed device Still bogus since why would anyone accept a board with 1 or 2 chips that are defective?

(2) Lack of power supplies.   We do know there is a shortage since every miner manufacturer is demanding these power supplies.   It is kind of like AMD GPU a month ago,  you could not buy one even if you wanted to.

Right not interested in defective hardware. Lack of PSU's I can deal with. That I can make my problem so long as they arrange to get one to me later on. Since I am forgoeing the assembly and a crucial component an additional card or a smaller hashing unit to make up for that loss. Something to make it worth my inconvenience. These are things that can be worked around with he MPP and can be negotiated. Flexibility is something I can deal with in a crunch situation. This is one of those. I would like to hold out for a miner but in this business time is truly money. I lost some here by waitign it out. Luckily I have other stuff going that helps keep the income stream coming but honestly had hoped any company would have started shipping 1THS miners. At least from this experience I have learned it will be better to just buy from anyone with inhand hardware only. None of this "in-stock" preorder crap.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
March 28, 2014, 08:00:11 PM
All I am saying is its utterly retarded to be discussing ANYTHING of a legal nature in a public forum. For football fans thats like giving away the playbook. That being said...again I am holding out for my miner. They clearly have them they are clearly making them. Figure I will hold out and see what happens. There are still 3 days left for me to hear back from them about anything. If they are going to be late (which is presumed at this point) I would just like to know and know why. I would be ok with getting a disassembled miner if it meant I got my order faster (as I emailed and posted earlier). But they are not responding any more at this point today. Hopefully they are just working out how to do that and make it up to the people who were expecting a fully assembled device.

There were 2 technical reasons that were mentioned that may be responsible for the delay.

(1) 1 in every 8 coincraft A1 chips are claimed to be defective.  Which should not be an issue since you should be able to test a chip before you mount in on the board!  Anyway, they appear to have the software compensate for the flawed device Still bogus since why would anyone accept a board with 1 or 2 chips that are defective?

(2) Lack of power supplies.   We do know there is a shortage since every miner manufacturer is demanding these power supplies.   It is kind of like AMD GPU a month ago,  you could not buy one even if you wanted to.
March 28, 2014, 07:54:52 PM
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 28, 2014, 07:33:16 PM

All said and done, its probably a discussion best had with the lawyer and not on a public forum if you are going that route Wink Its like telling people what your next move is.......oh wait it is....

Again poker face it Grin you already know the people who are going this route. best thing is to discuss it with them via PM and set up skype/teamspeak/ventrillo calls to strategize. But doing it in a public forum is not going to help. Just gets them more prepared to argue against you. Don't get overconfident that the law is totally on your side. They could pull a zinger out too and derail things. The law can be a bitch that way. Just consider that when you post about legal actions and what routes you are taking on a public forum. Just something to consider. Pokerface Wink

I'm taking a neutral stance here. They seem to be legit but over their heads. That much is clear. Whatever the case for my part I wont keep making this worse by requesting a refund just yet. Obviously the hardware exists and it obviously works. Sadly we got to find out the way we had to but it is what it is at this point. For my part I am going to make the most of the situation if it gets me my miners. If not well thats a whole other thing, but it sounds likely I will get a miner at some point soon (2 weeks reasonably speaking?)

+1
Agree 100%. Those taking a legal route need to get together via the more private means you gave and keep specifics out of the Public realm until the matters are resolved. Any lawyer will tell you that.

Frankly considering other miner companies and their customers are in the same boat over the A1 chips/boards/specs, I hate to say it but seems there is a need for at least standards or even laws setup regarding this pre-order thing.

re: Phins comments about Josh "being in over his head" and "is not an Engineer".

Ya think? Strikes me same as several damn fine sales/pitchmen I've known during my stint in the Medical x-ray equipment biz a few decades ago. Wouldn't trust them one bit with *my* money but damn they were good at selling widgets. Dinna really know a damn thing about *how/why* they work, just what they can do as told/shown to them by the folks making the equipment. As long as they had folks like me on-board to understand the equipment or at least reliable and knowledgeable contacts familiar with the technology involved (I take it AMT does not) and the mfgrs have proven SALABLE designs (root cause of this mess BitMine.ch is that did not) then it can work very well for all.

Of course, when the widget maker flubs the product - and does not even talk to their direct-sales customers about it (again, BitMine.ch) much less their Authorized Distributors) then the pitchman and their customers get screwed and if said sales folks panic and hide or whatever, we get this mess...

At least it seems Josh and company may pull most of their butt out of the fire yet assuming we get more reports of miners in customer hands. At least they did not immediately bail off the map like the owner of a certain x-ray sales company did about 1 month after I left them to get into the laser biz. Best move I ever made getting out of there when I did.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Stan the Man!
March 28, 2014, 06:54:56 PM
Not to rub salt into anyone's wounds but did you know that right now over at CEX.io you can buy 1THs of cloudmining for just a smidge over $5000 or 10BTC?  And you would be hashing immediately.

Crazy how the tides have turned!  This doesn't bode well for anyone still waiting on a hardware preorder.   Undecided

1th at 5000 will never pay off, even with no power cost.

Just pointing out the fact that preorder 1THs miners are worthless now that you can get immediate cloudmining for the same price.

I just spent 6 BTC about a week ago on a BitMain S2 1THs miner to arrive in April.  And before it arrives, CEX.io prices will probably be lower still.  In-stock is now absolutely the only option!  Even the quick turn-around BitMain/Spondoolies et al. are looking silly if cloudhashing can get close to matching the price.

here's a shameless plug, since we're on cloudmining topic. http://pbmining.com?ref=stanno"    .0075BTC per GH and price drops every week.  5 year contract.

FYI, the ballbag calling himself asprin will give you negative trust for posting those links. he did it to me a few weeks ago.

fixed it.  better?
March 28, 2014, 06:52:41 PM
\I'm taking a neutral stance here. They seem to be legit but over their heads. That much is clear. Whatever the case for my part I wont keep making this worse by requesting a refund just yet. Obviously the hardware exists and it obviously works. Sadly we got to find out the way we had to but it is what it is at this point. For my part I am going to make the most of the situation if it gets me my miners. If not well thats a whole other thing, but it sounds likely I will get a miner at some point soon (2 weeks reasonably speaking?)

What I keep telling them is that it is better to give a refund that to actually deliver the units.   

I am willing to guess the money is tied up in the next round of hardware and has been spent OR they mismanaged it. Not sure why they aren't issuing refunds to people requesting them.
Stan the Man!
March 28, 2014, 06:52:23 PM
Not to rub salt into anyone's wounds but did you know that right now over at CEX.io you can buy 1THs of cloudmining for just a smidge over $5000 or 10BTC?  And you would be hashing immediately.

Crazy how the tides have turned!  This doesn't bode well for anyone still waiting on a hardware preorder.   Undecided

Just pointing out the fact that preorder 1THs miners are worthless now that you can get immediate cloudmining for the same price.

I just spent 6 BTC about a week ago on a BitMain S2 1THs miner to arrive in April.  And before it arrives, CEX.io prices will probably be lower still.  In-stock is now absolutely the only option!  Even the quick turn-around BitMain/Spondoolies et al. are looking silly if cloudhashing can get close to matching the price.

Bitmain is $518 for 180 GHs.  That is like $3/GHs
CEX.io is $5.25/GHs.
Cointerra is $2.99/Ghs ... delivery June 2014.

Nobody is his right mind should be buying a pre-order.

We are totally screwed by AMT.   Best chance right now is to take them to court on the MPP.

Actually.... Bitmain Antminer S1 is .893BTC, or $443.82 for 180GH, which can be OC'd to 200GH.  mine runs at 200gh, as most do, so that's like $2.20/GH .  They also include free shipping, but no PSU.  have to add the PSU cost in there, which kicks the price up to about $2.50-2.60/gh.

PBMining is .0075btc per GH which is $3.73/GH, but you get it immediately and don't have to pay for power.
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
March 28, 2014, 06:48:14 PM

here's a shameless plug, since we're on cloudmining topic. http://pbmining.com?ref=stanno"    .0075BTC per GH and price drops every week.  5 year contract.

FYI, the ballbag calling himself asprin will give you negative trust for posting those links. he did it to me a few weeks ago.
legendary
March 28, 2014, 06:43:36 PM
\I'm taking a neutral stance here. They seem to be legit but over their heads. That much is clear. Whatever the case for my part I wont keep making this worse by requesting a refund just yet. Obviously the hardware exists and it obviously works. Sadly we got to find out the way we had to but it is what it is at this point. For my part I am going to make the most of the situation if it gets me my miners. If not well thats a whole other thing, but it sounds likely I will get a miner at some point soon (2 weeks reasonably speaking?)

What I keep telling them is that it is better to give a refund that to actually delivering the units.  

If AMT can't deliver,  then that's going to look to everyone as wire-fraud.  The penalties are much steeper than not delivering and sending back a refund.

I can't see how stalling about a refund helps their situation. 

You heard the news,  Bernie Maddow's employees also are going to jail for perpetuating a fraud.  AMT employees should start seriously thinking about this.

March 28, 2014, 06:39:23 PM
The questions have already been posted. How can you possibly delete your negative posts based on seeing a miner in an office, instead of a production facility as expected. What a waste of time. Then to get on video staggering around repeating what Josh feeds you from behind the camera, it is a total joke. I think a lot of us really expected you to go there and get some PI action going, not sell out for a miner and let them take a video of you claiming everything is fine.

check his bitcoin wallet. all im going to say. follow the trail, it's a shady one.

Who's wallet are we checking?
March 28, 2014, 06:34:51 PM

CEX.io is $5.25/GHs.

We are totally screwed by AMT.   Best chance right now is to take them to court on the MPP.

All said and done, its probably a discussion best had with the lawyer and not on a public forum if you are going that route Wink Its like telling people what your next move is.......oh wait it is....

Again poker face it Grin you already know the people who are going this route. best thing is to discuss it with them via PM and set up skype/teamspeak/ventrillo calls to strategize. But doing it in a public forum is not going to help. Just gets them more prepared to argue against you. Don't get overconfident that the law is totally on your side. They could pull a zinger out too and derail things. The law can be a bitch that way. Just consider that when you post about legal actions and what routes you are taking on a public forum. Just something to consider. Pokerface Wink

I'm taking a neutral stance here. They seem to be legit but over their heads. That much is clear. Whatever the case for my part I wont keep making this worse by requesting a refund just yet. Obviously the hardware exists and it obviously works. Sadly we got to find out the way we had to but it is what it is at this point. For my part I am going to make the most of the situation if it gets me my miners. If not well thats a whole other thing, but it sounds likely I will get a miner at some point soon (2 weeks reasonably speaking?)
Stan the Man!
March 28, 2014, 06:28:42 PM

here's a shameless plug, since we're on cloudmining topic. See my sig below.  PBmining    .0075BTC per GH and price drops every week.  5 year contract.
Activity: 420
March 28, 2014, 06:25:09 PM
The questions have already been posted. How can you possibly delete your negative posts based on seeing a miner in an office, instead of a production facility as expected. What a waste of time. Then to get on video staggering around repeating what Josh feeds you from behind the camera, it is a total joke. I think a lot of us really expected you to go there and get some PI action going, not sell out for a miner and let them take a video of you claiming everything is fine.

check his bitcoin wallet. all im going to say. follow the trail, it's a shady one.
legendary
March 28, 2014, 06:21:28 PM

CEX.io is $5.25/GHs.

March 28, 2014, 06:20:10 PM

up and running fully hashing.

Crap.... the Controller is at 92%.  Not enough head room to cover an additional board.

Well getting another more powerful board would be an option too here and flashing that with the software....there are a few raspberry-pi like options out there including samsungs exynos5 boards which are much more powerful and yet only sip marginally more power. dumping the image from this (if its on and SDCard so much easier) and putting it onto another controller would make the most sense here. Not trivial to be sure (I have had to go through this pain hacking a chromebook with the same hardware.  

Any chance we can get close up photos of the internals? Like the rasberrypi controller? There might be ways to make this thing scream with the exynos or other arm dual/quad core chips. Transferring the image to one of those and making it scream would be good. At least creates a setup for scalability. Right now this thing is running at what it needs to run at.
March 28, 2014, 06:14:49 PM
Sir: it is not speculative. Using a bitcoin calculator and putting in the 1.2Th/s hash rate, 1500W it gives you a definitive number of at least $1800 of mining income lost. It would be speculative if I was trying to figure out lost income for April. The clock keeps ticking.  There is nothing up to the imagination, I ordered a 1.2T miner, I was promised it would ship by Feb. I lost income. Those are all facts.

Sorry, but that's not the case. Because the difficulty would have been different if you (and the others who did not but would have)received the miner(s). Every other argument you've made is valid in court. That one a first day law student would shoot down. Successfully.

100% correct.

Cheesy I cheated. My wife is a lawyer. I asked her.

Could you  do me a favor and ask her if advertising 300-600 watts but delivering 900-1300 watts would be considered bait and switch or just deceptive advertising?

It's a good argument, but not definitive. They could argue that it was based on the numbers given by the chip manufacturer, but then they should have updated in a timely fashion. I think the best you'd get for that is negligence, which is sufficient for a refund.

thanks, you are probably correct but based on their behavior I don,t believe intent to deceive would be hard to prove.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
March 28, 2014, 06:10:48 PM

up and running fully hashing.

Crap.... the Controller is at 92%.  Not enough head room to cover an additional board.

It looks like the web interface uses much of the cpu.   I am guessing that gauge takes up quite a bit of reasources to run.   After closing the web and loging into the PI via ssh it seems its only using 60% of the cpu.

Mem: 46148K used, 450776K free, 0K shrd, 3376K buff, 15468K cached
CPU:  58% usr  26% sys   0% nic  14% idle   0% io   0% irq   0% sirq
Pages:
Jump to: