Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official Thread] - The SolarWind Mining Company - page 13. (Read 54641 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502
Had a snafu with the forum files, I have restored the database and it is up and working again.

Do the forum a favor and start a thread!

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001
Thank God I'm an atheist
Forum isn't working or it's just me?

Same problem here
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Forum isn't working or it's just me?
BTC's price up or down does not affect a company's profit calculated with BTC itself.

This is a red herring, the only way this statement makes any sense is if one intended to use bitcoin as the only (or at least the primary) form of payment AND that there were a sufficient number of people who also lived off of bitcoin. And I mean LIVE off of bitcoin, you know, they work at a job that pays in bitcoin, pay their taxes with bitcoin, buy groceries with bitcoin and gasoline, movie tickets, cough syrup, toilette paper.... etc...

The fiat value of bitcoin is the ONLY reason that ANYONE (mostly) mines for bitcoin at all, so you statement is baseless. Therefore, I disagree about the price up or down not being relevant. If I buy mining equipment for $9,500 and the value of 1 BTC is worth $10 with the same difficulty level as is today, I would be insane to think that it was worth it. To illustrate see this calculation. Now, if the value of bitcoin were to rise to $250 for 1 BTC then this calculation shows the difference. You can't tell me, in all honesty, that this has no bearing on whether or not people mine bitcoin, which is the ultimate implication of your statement.

So the only one diversity you proposed does not work at all.
I think that you misunderstand the remark and I understand why, I did not place it well. The context makes it seem as though I was saying that I thought promoting bitcoin was some kind of diversification of business. I think if you revisit the comment and strip away the immediate context you would understand that I was saying that I want to promote bitcoin so that more people adopted it. If more people adopted it then the value would naturally rise, that would increase the fiat value for EVERYONE who holds bitcoin. Until (or unless) bitcoin becomes the global (or at least a national) currency, this is a valid way to increase ones holdings. It is offered as more of a support for the value of the investments rather than a profit earning ploy. Considering this information, your relevant statement is also baseless.

Now it is very clear that you don't have any clearly defined business plan at all except mining.
It would be more accurate to say that I do not have a clearly WRITTEN business plan and I addressed this in my previous post. I can understand your point and your frustration sense you are unable to read the thoughts in my head, so you can only rely on the information I have already released and can only ask me for better or further explanation. I know this is an issue and I am trying to address it, but, as I have stated it is not my strength and it is somewhat of a struggle for me. I am simply not a linear thinker, I am a multi-linear thinker and it is hard to reign it all in.

It is fine to be passionate, but one should really be careful if others' investments are involved. You have to clearly present what's the potential gain and risk.
Agreed. Keep in mind that a potential thing is not a guaranteed thing and the ultimate risk of ANY kind of venture is total failure. I think that you want specific numbers, that's something that I have been working on, yet any specific numbers I could provide would only be an evaluation of speculation. That being said, having specific numbers would help substantiate any claims as being at least reasonably possible, so I will continue to work on getting that out to everyone.

Being over optimistic to oneself is fine, but being over optimistic to others is not far from fraud.

That is not a clearly logical progression, it is an emotional statement meant to invoke a cautious response in others. That is not to say that I do not appreciate and understand why you would wish to express such emotional woes. But I must admit it is rather hurtful when people say such things with absolutely no grounds, but then again, I suppose that sense I have not released any comprehensive documentation, I should expect this type of response from some individuals. So the hurtfulness I feel is tempered with a good dose of empathy.

I hope that you can tell that I am not so unreasonable and that I can balance my understanding of both sides of the issues. I hold no resentment towards anyone.

BTW, the house in your photo is very risky to be used as a machine room. You need to pay a lot of attention in fire-proofing.

Ah, now your showing your soft side. Your actually trying to be helpful. Thanks for the heads-up! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
BTC's price up or down does not affect a company's profit calculated with BTC itself. So the only one diversity you proposed does not work at all. Now it is very clear that you don't have any clearly defined business plan at all except mining. It is fine to be passionate, but one should really be careful if others' investments are involved. You have to clearly present what's the potential gain and risk. Being over optimistic to oneself is fine, but being over optimistic to others is not far from fraud.

BTW, the house in your photo is very risky to be used as a machine room. You need to pay a lot of attention in fire-proofing.
Not sure if linking to a dictionnary is necessary. Especially to a French guy Wink

[the rest]
The thing is, it's your job to show where is the profit in this venture, and from what I see there is pretty much no chance of it.
You can be sure of yourself, but this has no value to investors.
Thanks for your comment,

I must admit that I am still working on how best to explain the plan of the company but in short - The company will not rely solely on bitcoin mining, instead the plan is to branch out. One of the goals is to promote bitcoin heavily, with the idea being that the more people who use bitcoin the higher its market value becomes. Beyond that are many possible ways to increase the income of the company and we are open to just about any bitcoin based opportunity and I have several new concepts that I will be pursuing. The bitcoin mining is mainly a launchpad for other opportunities. Profits will be slower in the beginning, but will increase as SolarWind diversifies.

I am afraid that most of the issues you may be concerned about are the result of my nature. I am not the best at writing things down so I have to work extra hard at it when it needs to be done, so it takes longer. That being said, I will try to concentrate on the major issue that you raised and satisfy your concerns to complete satisfaction.

And by the way, I have plenty of French ancestry and I love the wine! Grin

You're a good drawer - though beautiful,...
Thanks!

...what you did is not a company logo.

Depends on how rigid you define what a 'logo' is, even so, I think that you must have missed the part that say's 'Work In Progress,' n'est-ce pas?

As for the rest of your business... you are way over your head...

Perhaps, but I don't think you can tell so well from your perspective to be able make such an empirical statement. You don't know me nor what I am capable of so your opinion has a limited base. Although, I will keep your comment in mind as a cautionary one.

Your replies also very seem childish - not in the good poofart way, but in the bad clueless way.

A rather discourteous statement, was it meant to be or was it meant to be oddly constructive? Blame it on my ADD.
Scam, move along.
Btw I don't think MPOE-ER is a "she" I think its a "he" with a cute girl avatar. Pretty sure, might be wrong though  Smiley

Also, I signed up for this because you sound very intelligent from your responses and, who doesn't like a freebie? Btw, MPOE-ER never signed up, ever. You somehow included him/her against his/her will, even after he/she said no thanks explicitly. Now you're subsidizing his/her unwarranted share? Thats a bit odd.

Anyway, there are two outcomes to this as I see it: You could possibly be a PRO scam artist OR an entrepreneur trying to start a business . Only time will tell for sure.

Thanks AntiOps for your comments,...(OP: edited out non-relevant information)

Maybe this will help you decide on your final comment. If I am intelligent, as you said you believe I am, then I could see no logic in conducting a scam. If I could successfully do so it would require a great deal of effort on my part. Such effort in fact, that I would likely put as much energy into conducting the scam as I would if I where doing this whole legitimately. So, again, what logic would there be in it. The rewards for a scam are limited and come with all sorts of nastiness. The rewards for doing this thing honestly are greater, longer lasting and have the fortunate quality of being emotionally satisfying. Time will tell, sort of, you must judge on your own.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
Scam, move along.
Hello everyone,

I have one question, about starting everything. So what i need to do?
Hi tautvilis,

Visit This Link
I was thinking about investing with you guys, but after reading these 4 pages, I'm lost. WAY lost...

My brain hurts trying to figure it all out..

If I invest the same amount of money as one of the first 100 investors, he get's 30% more than me?? This is way confusing.

Maybe you would have better luck with some bullet statements.

The only thing I see here that I understand is that you spent some money on Cointerra equipment.

Huh Huh

Shoot me a PM if you want, but at this point, I'm lost.

OK flyboy, I'll PM you something.

Maybe you can help, I thought this version was easier to understand than the last version, so you might be able to help me clear this up for others as well.
The numbers don't have to make sense - it's a ponzi scheme.  I'm been generous there - as the alternative to them scamming is that they're really fucking stupid and don't understand how mining works (and that miners currently being sold won't even break even, let alone make 150% profit in 6 months).

Of course I could be wrong (it's not unknown - just rare) and they may be award-winning retards.  In which case please accept my apologies for not creditting them with a level of stupidity beyond my comprehension.  Though I'd want to see actual certificates before believing someone could genuinely believe you could make 150% from buying mining hardware and using it at current prices - as that's a few SDs away from the levels of idiocy that you'd expect to see in a random sample of idiots.

Either way your BTC are far better off in your wallet than in theirs.
Warning: I will not allow any further abusive language. If you want to say something you can do it with a greater level of respect than you have shown here.
Activity: 532
I was thinking about investing with you guys, but after reading these 4 pages, I'm lost. WAY lost...

If I invest the same amount of money as one of the first 100 investors, he get's 30% more than me?? This is way confusing.

The only thing I see here that I understand is that you spent some money on Cointerra equipment.

Huh Huh

The numbers don't have to make sense - it's a ponzi scheme.  I'm been generous there - as the alternative to them scamming is that they're really fucking stupid and don't understand how mining works (and that miners currently being sold won't even break even, let alone make 150% profit in 6 months).

Of course I could be wrong (it's not unknown - just rare) and they may be award-winning retards.  In which case please accept my apologies for not creditting them with a level of stupidity beyond my comprehension.  Though I'd want to see actual certificates before believing someone could genuinely believe you could make 150% from buying mining hardware and using it at current prices - as that's a few SDs away from the levels of idiocy that you'd expect to see in a random sample of idiots.

Either way your BTC are far better off in your wallet than in theirs.
Activity: 520
I believe on your forum there was a post titled "dafuq has the nerve for this!"

In the spirit of sharing, education, and "FREE PUBLICITY" I would like to offer a response to the inquiry posed:

Re: dafuq has the nerve for this!

You all have a pleasant day.

I apologize for the outburst.  The blog you stumbled upon is actually my personal blog and has nothing to do with SolarWind mining aside from calling the name up on the page itself. I haven't written on it in a while because I've been far too busy with my life.  In fact I haven't been posting or doing anything on the internet in the last week because I've been moving and working.

The internet is a strange and squirrelly place where you are only who you say you are and only the most adept can truely ascertain the real name and location of any individual user.  And the only way to prove you are who you say you are is by convincing everyone that you are said person.  Of you want to know anything about be feel free to PM me and just ask.  I don't play  games and I am 100% open. 
Activity: 700

In the spirit of sharing, education, and "FREE PUBLICITY" I would like to offer a response to the inquiry posed:

Dr. Jekyll(Artuk), meet Mr. Hyde(MPOE-PR)

How many other alts do you use?

I chat and blog as BingoBoingo, and use the forum as Atruk because I didn't come up with the BingoBoingo name yet (I originally picked it as a throwaway for testing the waters on IRC).

I assure you that MPOE-PR is a different person, in a different country. I am kind of flattered you would confuse my writing for hers, though I am disheartened you would would assume malice is the goal here rather than education.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Huh Huh

Dr. Jekyll(Artuk), meet Mr. Hyde(MPOE-PR)

How many other alts do you use?
Activity: 700

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
Hey guys, just checking in as one of the first 100, Smiley.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Hello everyone,

I have one question, about starting everything. So what i need to do?
Pages:
Jump to: