Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official Thread] - The SolarWind Mining Company - page 15. (Read 54641 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

I have contacted SebastianJu to set up an Escrow Account for SolarWind Share deposits, I am awaiting his reply.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
667 one more than the devil
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Oh thanks for the information.   Oh also I forgot to thanks for the share.  THANKS.
Sorry but I'm confused on whats going on.   I own a share so now what?   I see post on mining pool, what are we suppose to use as mining settings to mine there?   Mining there seems like I would get additional value?
Thanks
Your free BitShare is yours to keep and you are not required to do anything. When we open the websit to the public we will send you information on how to register your free BitShare.

As for the BitShare Mining Pool, you only need to ask and I will set it up for you. On second thought, I'll consider your post as asking and I will PM the information to you.

As a member of The First 100 Club, you will get an extra 5% on top of the regular 10% bonus on any BitShare deposits, that's 15% on your BTC just for making a deposit!

I am also offering a 25% early-bird credit towards the purchase of a Founders Share for a future Hardware Purchase Cycle if you buy a Standard or Founders Share before the current Hardware Purchase Cycle is fully funded. This 25% credit is limited to 50 for the current cycle.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Sorry but I'm confused on whats going on.   I own a share so now what?   I see post on mining pool, what are we suppose to use as mining settings to mine there?   Mining there seems like I would get additional value?
Thanks

I have updated information. Take a look at the work in progress on The SolarWind Mining Company Logo. Please, everybody let us know what you think!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3190573

SolarWind now has Seven partners mining the BitShare Mining Pool with a total of almost 22GH/s combined hashing power! We are gaining new supporters every day!
Figures I missed the giveaway  Tongue

Just wondering, are you guys going to solicit any advice from the community as to go about and run this the best way possible? When I say that, I mean asking people like Deprived for help? He's pretty good at poking holes in people's business plan which when patched up makes the companies stronger IMO.

Thanks for your question floatyfish,

In fact, that is what we are doing. Firstly, by paying attention to the replies to this and other threads. And, secondly, we are in contact with some of the more respected members of the bitcoin community via PM and email. We want to do this right, albeit unconventionally.
Activity: 373
Figures I missed the giveaway  Tongue

Just wondering, are you guys going to solicit any advice from the community as to go about and run this the best way possible? When I say that, I mean asking people like Deprived for help? He's pretty good at poking holes in people's business plan which when patched up makes the companies stronger IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024
I was first to ask for a bitshare on your giveaway thread, what now?  Is there a website we can view our bitshare maturing?  Or do we have to mine for this? huh?  bit confused, I thought this was like pyamining.

Don't worry, the website is getting close to being operational. Your going to love it!

I'm sure I will, can't wait.
Would love to see the website, as soon as it's up, hope its informative and newbie friendly Tongue  Newbies would want to have a look at it.
I have updated the Original Post of this thread with new information

~ About Us ~

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-thread-the-solarwind-mining-company-297334
OK, so I can't find a simple sentence or two saying what SolarWind is all about. Suggest you add it to the top of the first post.
Done!

Thanks Stinky_Pete for your input,

I'll work on your suggestion.

EDIT: That goes double for the revision of your post.

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
OK, so I can't find a simple sentence or two saying what SolarWind is all about. Suggest you add it to the top of the first post.

[Added later] I finally found it here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3196977

So, in looking around, I have come to the conclusion that you started to go public before the business plan was properly thought out. I understand your excitement generated by this idea, and the desire to start telling people about it, but this is other people's money you are asking for, and some people get very serious about money. Offering to work hard and cover debts is admirable, but revealing you have little experience is not going to generate confidence and attract investors. I suggest you find someone with experience of business (even if it's only in the world of fiat) to give you advice.

Still watching and considering an investment though.
Activity: 520
An interesting project, and one I find attractive both from its green energy stand and the small-is-beautiful investors. I am concerned about the capital needed to start, and the very generous payouts predicted, in an environment where Bitcoin mining difficulty increases rapidly. I'll keep watching, and look forward to seeing the business plan. At the moment it looks too good to be true, and you know what people say about those schemes!

Aye, they say just that...besides the President of SolarWind really wanting this to explode, I want it to come to fruition as well, mostly because this will be THE coolest project I've ever worked on.  I want to make a difference, and I want to make sure that it's felt by everyone willing to invest.  We're not only going to use Mining as a form of income, but we have several other ventures as well to generate revenue.
Activity: 560
An interesting project, and one I find attractive both from its green energy stand and the small-is-beautiful investors. I am concerned about the capital needed to start, and the very generous payouts predicted, in an environment where Bitcoin mining difficulty increases rapidly. I'll keep watching, and look forward to seeing the business plan. At the moment it looks too good to be true, and you know what people say about those schemes!
When you say that our share will double, I'm assuming will this be through the mining that is occurring? Will you be using the money in the shares to buy solar panels/windmills/necessary equipment to harness that energy? Also, will any of the share money be going ASICs? If it is, have you thought about what to buy once the difficulty goes through the roof?

Yes, mining will be the main producer of income and that is where the funds will come from to double the shares. The idea is to pay heavy early on to cover the share payouts and then ride on the residuals. That being said, a portion of BitShares and Founders Shares are meant to help fund expansion costs, at least in the beginning. SolarWind will balance, to the extent possible, doubling shares and investing in new mining hardware, all the while phasing in solar, wind and other green energy sources using primarily residual funds.

If, at a point when SolarWind is producing 'free' energy, the difficulties rise sharply, SolarWind will have the advantage of having lower electrical costs. As for ASICs, of course, ASICs all the way (unless something better comes along.) As for difficulties going through the roof, when and if such an event occurs, there will be a large drop in the number of miners for a short period of time. Since, presumably, SolarWind will have a lower than average cost-per-hash, SolarWind will have, yet again, the advantage. Besides this, difficulties have always been about to go through the roof. The main difference from difficulties before and difficulties now is that it will begin to happen at a more notable rate.

That begs the question, at least for me, where are your bitcoins best invested if there is a substantial rise in difficulties, is it with SolarWind, a company that has as it's first priority a commitment to payout double the initial investment to it's investors as rapidly as possible and actively pursue the lowering of it's own energy costs, or with BTC-Guild's suspiciously low payout despite a HUGE block find rate? How much do you think the other big mining farms are investing in lowering there energy usages? Which mining company will have the infrastructure already in place when the bottleneck of watts-per-hash makes mining to expensive for even large mining farms? Which mining company will be mining happily along when other mining operations are flicking of their machines in a mad rush to keep from going bankrupt? Which mining company will benefit from the sudden drop in the difficulty level right after all those machines have been shut down? Which mining company will be the grasshopper who plays all summer and stores nothing for the winter, and which mining company will be the ant who works diligently early on so he does not starve in the winter? I will tell you which company will be like the ant, it will be SolarWind! And who is the grasshopper? ALL THE REST!!

So, how will SolarWind do it?. There are many was to produce low cost energy, so don't be fooled by the naysayers. One example world be methane production, you take a ton of cow manure, dump it into a pit and nature does the rest. All you have to do is capture the methane (an easy low tech process) then burn it to run a steam powered generator, it is a very cheap way to produce electricity. I suppose we could create an altcoin and call it the crap-poweredcoin, just so we could mine them with the methane powered miners. Anyone want to buy 10,000 crap-poweredcoins? Who wants to develop the graphics for the crap-poweredcoin, it has to have a cow on one side and a cow pie on the other! Grin<== (shit eat'n grin) Here's an idea, if a single individual purchases 10 Founders Shares, SolarWind will commit to building a methane powered generator and develop the crap-poweredcoin to be merge mined with bitcoin! Cheesy Anyway, SolarWind will use many different methods to meet the power requirements of mining. I think that's where most models for green-energy usages fail, because they rarely include multiple sources of energy.
Activity: 373
When you say that our share will double, I'm assuming will this be through the mining that is occurring? Will you be using the money in the shares to buy solar panels/windmills/necessary equipment to harness that energy? Also, will any of the share money be going ASICs? If it is, have you thought about what to buy once the difficulty goes through the roof?
Pages:
Jump to: