Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official Thread] - The SolarWind Mining Company - page 14. (Read 54641 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

Notice

I must advise you that because of the recent changes in the rate of increase of the difficulty level that my plans are in the process of changing. There is one aspect that I will never change, SolarWind will always have a commitment to double investment funds IF the investor chooses that option. It may take longer than originally planned and we will have to diversify sooner, but I am stubbornly determined to make it happen. The one change that I am making that I am certain of is that in order to achieve the goals that I have set out for the company, I must institute a new investment program, we will no longer offer Standard or Founders Shares. Instead, we will offer a Standard and Founders Contracts. The new feature that I am adding is called the RollOver Option (ROO). The ROO is a feature that allows the shareholder to pick their own target amount.

How the new investment structure will work:

(Note: For those who have already made investments, the terms that you agreed to will still be in effect. Even so, the BitShare terms have not changed to any significant degree. If you leave things as they are, or decide to use the new format it will not really change the outcome of your payments. You may keep the DROII option on your future Standard Shares or Founders Shares.)

(Warning: Before you make an investment in any company you must understand the risks involved.

There are several things to consider and a careful judgement should be made as to whether or not you can afford the risks involved in investing in bitcoin and its related industries. Risk should be assessed while keeping in mind whether you can afford to lose the funds you are intending to invest or if a particular investment has greater risk than you are willing to take. Make sure you understand that things can go wrong, even for older and well established companies, and nothing is guaranteed. Despite SolarWind's efforts to safeguard investment funds, we can not be held responsible for things that are out of SolarWind's control. Things that would be out of SolarWind's control include, but are not limited to; a manufacture that overstated its claims about it's hardware or isn't able to provide what they had promised, SolarWind being the victim of a scam, products being damaged, going missing or stolen during shipment, hardware delay's, natural disasters acts of governments, the value of bitcoin, the failure of the bitcoin economy or it's network, hacking, theft and a host of other risks that are completely unknown.

If you only have a small investment, then higher risks are often necessary to realize sufficient profits unless you have a long term strategy. If you want to earn a quick and respectful profit then you will likely have to except the risk that you will lose your investment in part or entirely.

If you want to build a nest egg for the future, then investments that offer slow returns are safer. It may be best if you invest in proven and well established investments. SolarWind is a start-up investment company, although we have the best of intentions, there is more risk involved when investing in any start-up.

If you are considering investing with SolarWind, you should be aware that if you choose the slower, long term investment options, you are not likely to earn much more than you would with any other investment company that has already been proven reliable. If you do choose to invest in SolarWind's slower returns options, your investment funds will likely be safe because we use the majority of investment funds to purchase mining hardware. So there is a tangible product that has been proven to produce returns for investors, namely the mining hardware, that you will be able to rely on. As long as Bitcoin mining is a profitable venture, your risk with SolarWind as a start-up is only slightly higher than anywhere else.

If you choose to invest in SolarWind, know that SolarWind will invest in you, and thank you for your faith and trust in us.)

Terminology and definitions:

Double Return On Investment (DROI) - Meaning implied

Hardware Purchase Cycle (HPC) - The buy-in period preceding the purchase of specific hardware. The intended hardware to be purchased may change due to price and availability changes. The changes could be positive, such as new hardware is available sooner, or is cheaper, more powerful or all of these. OR, changes could be negative, and due to failure of the manufacture to produce the hardware in a timely manner, scams, ROI on hardware intended to be purchased is no longer possible or will take far to long to be feasible, hardware price increases and additional funds are needed or a number of unknown factors.

RollOver Option (ROO) - Re-investment, no outlay of funds are made until a target amount is met.

Overages - Amounts above the selected target amount

Simple Version - The Contract holder chooses their payout amount (see details for each Contract Option.) The funds deposited are Rolled Over (re-invested) until the target amount is met, then a payout is made. If their are overages (amounts over the target amount) then the overage amount is converted into BitShares.

ROO Options:
  • Slow Return On Investment (SROI) - This is a long term investment option. There is less risk involved and it resembles a more traditional invest strategy. There is no commitment to DROI but a target amount is selected. Target amount will range from 105% to DROI (200%). Target amounts can be changed at any time but will take two HPCs to take effect. 15% of profits are outlaid biweekly and 85% of profits are Rolled Over until target amount is met. After the target amount is reached and the funds outlaid, any overages are converted into BitShares. There will be bi-weekly dividends from the hardware that the funds were used to purchase and 35% of the dividends are converted into BitShares and the rest of the funds are outlaid.
  • Quick Return on Investment (QROI) - Short term profits option. Funds are at higher risk. There is no commitment to DROI but a target amount is selected. This option offers a quicker return and the Target amount will range from 150% to DROI. Target amount can be changed at any time but outlay will be delayed for two HPCs if the new target amount has already been met.  There are no outlays until the target amount is reached and no dividends after the target amount is outlaid. Once the target amount has been outlaid the contract is complete, there are no further returns on the investment unless there are overages that have been converted into Bitshares

Hold for contract ORDer (HORDer) - An order to hold investment funds for the purpose of buying a Contract
     HORDer Options:
  • Hold investment funds and ROO profits until sufficient funds from deposits and ROO profits have accumulated to purchase the chosen Contract
  • The number and type of Contracts can be chosen in any combination
BitShare:

10% deposit bonus - The 10% bonus is not part of the ROO but is added to the outlay.

• Price - Any amount deposited under 0.5 BTC is considered a BitShare purchase
  • ROO Options - BitShares have a compulsory ROO target amount of 0.5 BTC
  • Making a deposit into a BitShare deposit address, regardless of the amount, is a Contract to double the investment funds by default
  • There will be a 48 hr grace period where an investor will be able to convert a BitShare deposit amount of 0.5 BTC in increments of 0.5 BTC into a Standard Contract or increments of 1.5 BTC into Founders Contract
  • The investor may also select the option to have BitShare deposits placed on HORDer
  • The investor can have funds that they have deposited into their BitShare account split into whatever combination they choose including having newly deposited funds credited to an existing HORDer

Standard Contracts:

• Price - 0.5 BTC
  • Options - ROO

Founders Contracts:

• Price - 1.5 BTC
  • Options - ROO
  • Additional Outlay - Adds Share dividends that are from an outlay of 30% of company profits divided between total Shareholders minus a 30% fee deduction from the Shareholders portion. The fee deductions is distributed to Shareholders who purchased from an earlier HPC. Since the older investment has done more work over time, it would not be fair to the older investment if a newer investment received an equal return on the same investment amount. To make it more fair to those who have been invested longer, the 30% portion is deducted and payed to the investor above them. It also would not be fair to keep the 30% fee forever, so the fee will decay at a rate of 5% (for the following 6 HPCs). The first Shareholders to purchase a Founders Contract will be at the top of the stack in the HPC and will not have the fee deducted from their outlay but will initially receive 30% of the outlay of those Shareholders that purchase in an HPC after them. The placement of a Shareholder is based on time and position, so purchasing one Founders Contract puts the Shareholder above the next purchaser, even if that purchaser is the same Shareholder. So, the Shareholder would receive the fee from their own Share that is in the stack just below them. If a Shareholder purchased 10 Founders Contracts then they hold 10 positions in the same layer of the stack. When another investor purchases a Founders Contract for the following HPC , he fee would go to the first (by number) of the positions in the layer of the stack above the new investors position. This would continue until all 10 positions have a Share beneath it in the stack. The fee is cumulative, so, the fee a Shareholder receives will include a cumulative amount from the shares below each HPC)

I am instituting an escrow account with SabastianJu for funds that are designated for hardware purchases. The funds deposited in the escrow account must be in multiples of 0.5 BTC.  All funds deposited into the escrow account will be considered to be Standard Contract purchases unless the Founders Contract terms are met. Any overages (amounts under 0.5 BTC) or deposits under 0.5 BTC that are deposited into the escrow account will be converted into BitShares.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I will answer your questions, for now I must be brief. SabastainJu has asked me similar questions and I am writing a draft of my answer now. I want to make sure that it is correct and free of errors. Here is what I can explain wright now,

I think that some haven't read, or at least do not remember all of what I have written. I have stated on more than one occasion that SolarWind will not depend on mining alone. I have also stated that SolarWind will not 'steal from Peter to pay Paul,' so deprived's question, which is not a question, but an accusation, is contrary to my previous statements and is not based on fact.

I generally choose my words carefully, so this is a fact, exactly what I wrote is that it is SolarWinds TARGET to double investor funds in six months. A target is a goal, not a commitment, our commitment is to strive towards the goal. Therefore, logic dictates that if SolarWind fails to double invested funds within six months and it was not possible to double investments within the 6 months, SolarWind would not have violated any expressed commitment. The statement made regarding the doubling of investment funds within six months is likely being confused with another statement where I have expressed our commitment, as it has been stated, "to double the investment as soon as possible" and that will always be the goal.

I pushed the announcement of The SolarWind Mining Company before I thought SolarWind was quite ready for prime time. Maybe that was a mistake on my part. One of the reasons that I did so, is that I was fearful that the difficulty level would reach a point that might make it very difficult to accomplish my goals. I don't think the difficulty level is at a point to make it impossible but it has risen a little faster than I thought it would. I may have to extend the time frame that it will take to accomplish what I aim to do, but that is all it is, an extension. I will not Quit!

Like I stated in the beginning, I am forming a response to SabastianJu questions, when I am done, I will share it with you.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Our target is to Double your investment in 6 months or Less!

In order for SolarWind to accomplish this goal, we need your support!

As we know, most miners cannot even break even due to the exponential increased difficulty. SolarWind does not produce chips, but buy chips and rigs from the suppliers. Moreover, SolarWind does not have free electricity, mostly from the traditional wall power and a small part of solar/wind, which are more expensive.

With this in mind, I really feel it hard to understand how can we double our investment in 6 months or less. I don't think that is doable just based on the mining income. Could you help to explain briefly why we could achieve that and where are the money from? Thanks.

It's a good question, and I can't see how it is done. An answer would be most welcome.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

As we know, most miners cannot even break even due to the exponential increased difficulty. SolarWind does not produce chips, but buy chips and rigs from the suppliers. Moreover, SolarWind does not have free electricity, mostly from the traditional wall power and a small part of solar/wind, which are more expensive.

With this in mind, I really feel it hard to understand how can we double our investment in 6 months or less. I don't think that is doable just based on the mining income. Could you help to explain briefly why we could achieve that and where are the money from? Thanks.

Your money comes from the next investors who buy shares - same as in every other ponzi scheme.

Smiley You are always so direct. Maybe in drunk mode? Smiley
Activity: 532

Your money comes from the next investors who buy shares - same as in every other ponzi scheme.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
667 one more than the devil
I'm not interested any more in this.
Who wants my shares ?

Notice

Anyone who is a member of The First 100 Club or who has purchased Shares of any type please PM me your email address. I will set up an account for you on the SolarWind Company Forum. This will be the best way to ensure the security of your Share stakes and will be the location for Official Company News and updates. This is not the website that I promised but is an intermediate location for SolarWind Partners to meet, discuss and participate in the future activities of The SolarWind Mining Company.

ALERT!!

DO NOT TRUST ANY COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE USER ID 'SHADIZZLE' UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!!!!!

shadizzle's account appears to have been hacked

Activity: 520

The website domain name has been changed to solarwindmining.com

I love all the latin!  ROFL!!!  Can't wait to be able to sign in!

The website domain name has been changed to solarwindmining.com

SebastianJu has contacted me and we are working together to set up an  Escrow Account for SolarWind Share deposits
I will make an announcement when the details have been finalized

The owner of SolarWind and I have communicated via telephone before.  We trust each other very much and are very similar in our personalities and desires for this company and the goals we wish to achieve through SolarWind.

And a mere 100TH/s of power is not going to double the difficulty of the blocks.  I am assuming that you're rather new to this whole venture, so let me clarify.  The current hash rate of the system is over 1000 TH/s.  Another few thousand terrahashes will be tossed into the system within the next few months as companies such as cointerra ship units and they come online.  Our hash rate will not, by itself, double the current difficulty.  We will have about 6% of the overall network hash rate when it comes online, and plan on purchasing more to keep up with difficulty and competitors.  Think about this:  visit www.blockchain.info/pools and see that BTCGuild, the largest pooled mine, currently has 400 TH/s worth of mining power, or roughly 30-40% of the overall network hash rate.  We will have 1/4 of that when we start, with the goal of attracting more people to use our company and actually make ROI versus really low PPLNS and PPS payouts on BTCGuild...

Thanks Bradley,

I couldn't have answered any better. I will add something to what Bradley stated though.

SolarWind believes that most investors are not being paid anywhere near the amount that the mining hardware purchased with investment funds actually generates. I strongly believe that the entire Bitcoin securities market is using the exact same financial model that the 'Good Old Boy's' have been using for hundreds of years. These systems where designed to provide enormous profits for people who already had a large amount of wealth.

These systems have also evolved to take advantage of people of lower means while promising them a 'comfortable' retirement in their later day's. Meanwhile, those at the top of the chain enjoy lavish luxuries and the easy life for the majority of their lives. This is not meant to imply a conspiracy, it just describes the natural progression of systems based on financial leverage. It's like the old adage, 'power only seeks to increase itself'.

SolarWind seeks to flip this around and payout a much higher return on your investment than any other company out there. We want to put those other guy's to shame!

Activity: 520
The owner of SolarWind and I have communicated via telephone before.  We trust each other very much and are very similar in our personalities and desires for this company and the goals we wish to achieve through SolarWind.

And a mere 100TH/s of power is not going to double the difficulty of the blocks.  I am assuming that you're rather new to this whole venture, so let me clarify.  The current hash rate of the system is over 1000 TH/s.  Another few thousand terrahashes will be tossed into the system within the next few months as companies such as cointerra ship units and they come online.  Our hash rate will not, by itself, double the current difficulty.  We will have about 6% of the overall network hash rate when it comes online, and plan on purchasing more to keep up with difficulty and competitors.  Think about this:  visit www.blockchain.info/pools and see that BTCGuild, the largest pooled mine, currently has 400 TH/s worth of mining power, or roughly 30-40% of the overall network hash rate.  We will have 1/4 of that when we start, with the goal of attracting more people to use our company and actually make ROI versus really low PPLNS and PPS payouts on BTCGuild...
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024
1. Why is the website http://solarwindminingco.tk/ a free domain? o.O
2. Do you know and work with BRADLEYPLOOF and shadizzle in real life?  Or is it all online?
3. Like I questioned before, once you start mining, would the mining difficulty double because of your high hash rate?
Activity: 644
 is your power consumption from renewables even measurable?

Sure thanks to tax credits renewables come in at the same price or cheaper than many other forms of electricity, with the caveat that the cost is heavily front loaded. So, to run a farm on solar panels would require a huge amount of upfront capital, with breakevwn several years out.

At least that's how it's been explained to me by a friend who sells solar for a living.

My question is therefor what percentage of your power is coming from panels, and how were they paid for? Additionally what portion of mining revenue is going to be allocated to exanding your non-fossile fuel footprint?

I guess the dynamics could change if you have sunrun or solar city do the install and panels, but then the savings are even more muted. 

Is your operation situated in an area where you can sell excess capacity back into the grid during the day?

Sorry, lots of downer questions/assnptions, but based on my tiny knowledge, it seems that solar is still the province of people who want to pay more to feel like they're making a difference, not for people seriously attempting to save money?
Pages:
Jump to: