Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official Thread] - The SolarWind Mining Company - page 16. (Read 54635 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502
I have updated the share count and the BitShare Mining Pool hashrate. We have another addition to the BitShare Mining Pool!!

Steady but sure!
I have updated my reply to floatyfish, CoinHoarder, pedrog here ==> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3205484
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
saved for later. this therd is on my watchlist now Kiss
Hey guys,

Until the website is up and running you can checkout The SolarWind Mining Companies google+ page. Really busy right now with college and working to get SolarWind fully operational. I will try to put a few updates there when I can. The more partners we can get to invest in SolarWind at this early stage the faster we can get things going. We need to raise capital so we can get everything setup for the mining rigs and get them running on day one of delivery. Those of you who have joined The First 100 Club and are already making contributions to the share count should encourage the other partners to start mining in the BitShare Mining Pool or start making some deposits. Remember, you can deposit any amount you would like into your BitShare account. Your deposits, once credited to your account, will double repeatedly until you reach 0.5 or 1.5 BTC (your choice) and then your account is converted to a Standard Share (0.5 BTC) or Founders Share (1.5 BTC) automatically. Even payments from a free faucet can be sent to your BitShare account and they will double and continue to roll over until the share value you have chosen is reached! Also keep in mind that as a member of The First 100 Club, you get an extra 5% credit in addition to the normal 10% credit on your BitShare deposits. That's a total of a 15% return on your investment just for depositing funds!

SolarWind is all about you, you are the reason for SolarWind and it will take you to make it successful. I was going to start a group buy for the mining hardware, but I decided that group buys are not really all that fair to the small miners who simply do not have the hashing power or BTC to afford a group buy share. So, The SolarWind Mining Company was born with the small (and even tiny) miners in mind and it's mission is to help as many people as possible take part in a profitable mining venture. This is the very reason that the BitShare and BitShare Mining Pool options where created, to help YOU!

Lets do this together! Lets Make It Happen! GooOO TEAM! Grin
Hi SolarWind & co, keep up the good work!

It would be nice if we (the first 100) could have an access to the site before it goes public.
This way we could be ready with advertising of our referral links on day 0.

Good idea. We'll see what we can do when the website is close to ready.

where can i get me one of these mining accounts i hear of?

Send a PM to either SolarWindMiningCompany or BRADLEYPLOOF

Thanks Jorgeminator, that's what I like about the SolarWind Partners. Their willing to help others!

Hey Tachibana, I'll PM you your BitShare Mining Pool account information. [edit: Done!]
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
where can i get me one of these mining accounts i hear of?
Activity: 364
667 one more than the devil
Hi SolarWind & co, keep up the good work!

It would be nice if we (the first 100) could have an access to the site before it goes public.
This way we could be ready with advertising of our referral links on day 0.
I have updated the share count section with details on how share funds are distributed and included information on escrow  deposits.

Have a great day/evening.  Smiley
The share count has been updated, more partners are adding their hashing power to the BitShare Mining Pool.  We are considering creating are own Mining Pool with the mining pool fee as a BitShare option, so stay updated!
Activity: 373
The problem with renewable energy/green energy is that it is more expensive than regular energy if you are sourcing it through a power provider. If you are setting up a custom solution, solar and wind energy solutions are expensive to build yourself (due mostly to costs of the parts) and will add A TON of extra costs to the farm that you are unlikely to ever break even on.

It is hard enough to break even on mining hardware as is. I understand the importance of our environment, but I don't see how it would be profitable to setup a green mining operation. Please enlighten us.. I have looked into it before and green energy is quite expensive to setup, especially in the quantity that would be needed with 100Th.

If you have some secret plan that's all nice and good, but I can't imagine you'll get many investors without revealing this plan. Also, please consider there is a reason why no one is "going green" with their mining operations, because it adds a lot of extra unnecessary expense as stated above.

Now I'm just being repetitive... carry on.

CoinHoarder echoed some of my concerns as well. I'm no expert in solar energy, but the initial setup would be VERY expensive, correct? Also, I know solar's efficiency is going up, but the most conducive spots for solar also happen to be in the hottest part of the country (Arizona, New Mexico). Would you end up spending your generated solar electricity on the massive amounts of required A/C during the summer, leaving the powering of the miners up to the power company?

I was going to say that it all depends on how cheap you get the electricity from the grid, because in some countries, like mine, a residential solar setup pays itself in like 3 or 4 years, mainly because electricity is very expensive.

But as I understand, this operation is US based, so maybe electricity from the grid comes cheaper...

True, I guess my US-centric viewpoint got ahead of me! I'm assuming they're also taking into account that once the initial investment in the panels is paid off, they'll have more money to use as well.

What miners are you guys looking at?

Thanks guys, this is the kind of discussion I have been waiting for.

It is true that installing green-energy electrical sources is costly and your posit would be correct. It is only correct if one thinks in terms of trying to start off using using green-energy electrical sources alone rather than phasing in the equipment. It would be foolish to think that one could just buy the green-energy equipment right off the bat and still recover costs in any reasonable amount of time. To do so would require a large amount of capital, larger than the company has and likely more than it could raise without a long and successful history. There are a few things that make me believe that now is (or close enough to) the best time to begin the process of converting the bitcoin network into a greener technology. The first fact is that the energy requirements for bitcoin mining are dropping rather rapidly and it is highly likely that this trend will continue. Second is the fact that solar and wind energy technology is also making rapid advancements in efficiency and that will provide a lower watts-per-dollar ratio than is historically the case. Third, we all believe in the Bitcoin Ideology and I have faith that bitcoins value will continue to rise, in fact bitcoins value MUST continue to rise or there is no point to bitcoin. Forth, this one is specific to SolarWind. I do not believe that mining bitcoin should be for the single purpose of just converting bitcoin into dollars (or any fiat currency), it should be to make an investment in bitcoin as the bases for the future of the worlds economy. A small portion of the bitcoin generated by SolarWind will be held as an asset of SolarWind, it will not be exchanged (ever) for any fiat currency and when even a small amount of bitcoin at today's value is worth an enormous fortune in the future (remember there are only going to be 21 million bitcoins, ever, and those 21 million bitcoins will (in theory) be distributed among billions of people as the main or only currency, so even 0.00000001 BTC will be worth quite a bit! If this doesn't happen then bitcoin is worthless and all we do today is for naught.) The small portion that SolarWind puts aside will be held in the name of the SolarWind Shareholders, when it is believed that bitcoin has gain a significant value SolarWind will release some or all of its bitcoin holdings to its Shareholders. That being said, I will return to the topic of green-energy and how it is connected to bitcoin mining.

ASICs are new to the game but in-spite of this fact they have rapidly taken over the majority of the hashing power of the network, now I am not sure if the total power usage is roughly the same with ASICs as it was before ASICs or not but, if so, it would(will) not negate my point. ASICs, being new, will likely become more energy efficient as they are further developed (they simply must do so to make bitcoin mining worth it) and in the absence of a replacement for ASICs the push will be to make them super efficient to increase/maintain mining profitability. In fact, the only way to continue mining profitably, without an ASICs replacement that uses less power per hash, is to make ASICs miners more energy efficient over time. Furthermore, to be more correct, the only way to keep mining profitable over time is to reduce the energy costs of mining itself. Although green-energy power sources incur a larger upfront cost, they are less expensive over time and at some point become sources of (nearly) free energy. The question is, does the offset in the large upfront cost occur over a short enough time span to make mining with green-energy technologies profitable.

Now, if a company mining bitcoins has reduced its need to pull electricity of the grid, it has an advantage of being able to mine at a lower cost in electricity per hash. There are also advantages provided by overlaps between the reduction of power needs for mining bitcoin at the time when the company adds/switches to more efficient mining hardware and the (possibly) inevitable return to the power requirements to mine X number of bitcoins. Of course, this would be because there is a narrow window of opportunity to take advantage of the lower power requirements during the overall transition to newer equipment across the entire bitcoin mining network before any spike occurs in difficulty levels. To explain a little better, if a bitcoin mining company can continue to run mining hardware and remain profitable using the same hardware as the majority for a longer time frame than the same majority, then that company will enjoy the returns of not only transitioning to newer more efficient hardware but can do so while running hardware that the majority is(has) phased out of use. That gives that particular mining company a slight advantage in hashing power over all. This slight advantage could provide a large return in bitcoin-per-kilowatt-hours. Once a full transition to more energy efficient hardware is completed, the company in question would be able to run more hashing power using the new mining equipment at the same or even less electricity than any competitors can. This advantage could grow exponentially...

I will be back to edit and finish this at a later time I am continuing to make revisions as soon as I can and I am happy to let you observe my thought process as I continue to define and refine my thoughts... please consider this a draft that may contain errors. You are welcome to comment non-the-less.
The problem with renewable energy/green energy is that it is more expensive than regular energy if you are sourcing it through a power provider. If you are setting up a custom solution, solar and wind energy solutions are expensive to build yourself (due mostly to costs of the parts) and will add A TON of extra costs to the farm that you are unlikely to ever break even on.

It is hard enough to break even on mining hardware as is. I understand the importance of our environment, but I don't see how it would be profitable to setup a green mining operation. Please enlighten us.. I have looked into it before and green energy is quite expensive to setup, especially in the quantity that would be needed with 100Th.

If you have some secret plan that's all nice and good, but I can't imagine you'll get many investors without revealing this plan. Also, please consider there is a reason why no one is "going green" with their mining operations, because it adds a lot of extra unnecessary expense as stated above.

CoinHoarder echoed some of my concerns as well. I'm no expert in solar energy, but the initial setup would be VERY expensive, correct? Also, I know solar's efficiency is going up, but the most conducive spots for solar also happen to be in the hottest part of the country (Arizona, New Mexico). Would you end up spending your generated solar electricity on the massive amounts of required A/C during the summer, leaving the powering of the miners up to the power company?

I was going to say that it all depends on how cheap you get the electricity from the grid, because in some countries, like mine, a residential solar setup pays itself in like 3 or 4 years, mainly because electricity is very expensive.

But as I understand, this operation is US based, so maybe electricity from the grid comes cheaper...

True, I guess my US-centric viewpoint got ahead of me! I'm assuming they're also taking into account that once the initial investment in the panels is paid off, they'll have more money to use as well.

What miners are you guys looking at?
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust

One of the 102 dalmatians here  Wink

Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks! I am glad that you are keeping in touch, were working extra hard to get things moving.

Hm, seems interesting. I'm going to keep an eye on this, I would like to see what you guys come out with on the website, and especially the business plan. I would look into that 1.5BTC option if your business plan for upgrading was a solid one  Smiley

Thanks for your comments,

When we get the website finalized I think you'll be amazed,  we want to set SolarWind apart from the rest of the herd so we are working on something special for the website that will make this clear to any visitors.

Bradley is working his tail off to get the business plan all finished up, this is a big priority because SolarWind is starting to attract the attention of some of the more noted individuals in the bitcoin community and we definitely want their support. Keep checking back with us so you can keep updated.

Hm, seems interesting. I'm going to keep an eye on this, I would like to see what you guys come out with on the website, and especially the business plan. I would look into that 1.5BTC option if your business plan for upgrading was a solid one  Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
One of the 102 dalmatians here  Wink

Looking forward to reading more.
I was first to ask for a bitshare on your giveaway thread, what now?  Is there a website we can view our bitshare maturing?  Or do we have to mine for this? huh?  bit confused, I thought this was like pyamining.

Don't worry, the website is getting close to being operational. Your going to love it!
So practically speaking, if such failure seems eminent, SolarWind will begin the process of perusing other options to fulfill its obligations. If necessary, all assets will be liquidated and the proceeds distributed to the Partners (that means all shareholders except the company itself.)  If all else fails I'll work it off with mine own two hands.

A good start would be for you/Bradley to get into the WTO and GPG sign something to this effect, and you know make a contract with shareholders.

This is one of those basic sort of things you should have read and then known to do before doing all of this writing and collecting a bunch of names in the other thread.

Also, maybe find a way for investors to sell/transfer/liquidate their shares? On forums/SocialMedia a herculean mining company and a herculean ponzi can look very similar, so read/lurk moar and work on how you can present that distinction if you are going to continue.

Thanks, at least your trying to help.

Thanks for the advice. I was wanting to checkout the WOT, I guess now is a good time. There is a lot of information out there and its hard to know when to quit looking before you proceed. You are actually providing some of the information that I was hoping to get from feedback. Any information that helps this project become a success is greatly appreciated.

As for share holders being able to sell or trade shares, I have previously stated that SolarWind has nothing against private trade and would assist in the process. Public trading is an option that is being considered but not until things are up and running and all the kinks are worked out.

A ponzi scheme wouldn't apply to this venture. The Share mining pools information will be publicly viable so it will be easy to see that SolarWind is actually mining and easily verifiable.
Pages:
Jump to: