Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 107. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Since this pool doesn't really have the concept of "workers" should I use a different bitcoin address for each machine.
You can use ADDRESS_WORKERNAME to setup workers.
It doesn't matter either way from the pool's perspective, though.

I think this might be necessary because I'm guess the pool dynamically adjusts the difficulty of the shares. This would make the shares for the FPGA way too difficult if they all share the same account (bitcoin address).
Doesn't matter, since they'd all be one collective.
It might make for poor statistics locally, but that's it.
If you don't like that, use a different worker on the same address.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Quick question about this pool. I have a variety of miners with vastly different speeds (e.g. an Avalon that does 82 GH/s and a FPGA that does 850 MH/s and a few machines in between).

Since this pool doesn't really have the concept of "workers" should I use a different bitcoin address for each machine.

I think this might be necessary because I'm guess the pool dynamically adjusts the difficulty of the shares. This would make the shares for the FPGA way too difficult if they all share the same account (bitcoin address).

But the FPGA, if running on its own address will take weeks just to get a payout. Also, it's difficult for statistics purposes.

What do people who have multiple miners do for this pool?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Understood, Luke-Jr. Thanks for the quick response. Certainly no complaints from me. Smiley I'm just glad knowing I wasn't missing anything.  Wink

Canary has already responded to my pm on the orders, so everything is in great shape.

Thanks!
legendary
Hi wk! Excellent work going on here. Thanks for your continued efforts on THE best BTC pool.

Question - how can we log into Eligius site to review order status in the store? Placed an order for a few of the Eligius USB Erupters with Canary. Order confirmation page gives link to check order status, but requires authentication to access the page.

How can one log on to access this? I don't see anywhere on the site?  Huh

Followed up with Canary via dm, but curious to log on anyway... advice?

Thanks!

--
ronin
The whole storefront thing is very much still a work-in-progress.
We just wanted to get it online ASAP since Canary has stock to sell Smiley
Unfortunately, it may be a few weeks before all the functionality works right, as Gateway is pretty busy with some paid work lately.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Hi wk! Excellent work going on here. Thanks for your continued efforts on THE best BTC pool.

Question - how can we log into Eligius site to review order status in the store? Placed an order for a few of the Eligius USB Erupters with Canary. Order confirmation page gives link to check order status, but requires authentication to access the page.

Thanks!

--
ronin
I got your PM Smiley
Activity: 59

Thanks!

--
ronin
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Eligius is now offering Block Erupter Sapphire USB miner collectables for sale in the new Products section.
All units come with Eligius branding (USB device info), and tested against DOA.
The price of 640 TBC (1.05 BTC) already includes US continental shipping.
These are fulfilled through CanaryInTheMine and currently only available in the USA.

I'm delighted to be able to provide this service for Eligius and look forward to handling your orders professionally and as fast as possible!!!

Since I'm responsible for logistics, please contact me with your questions.

Thank you all!
legendary
Eligius is now offering Block Erupter Sapphire USB miner collectables for sale in the new Products section.
All units come with Eligius branding (USB device info), and tested against DOA.
The price of 640 TBC (1.05 BTC) already includes US continental shipping.
These are fulfilled through CanaryInTheMine and currently only available in the USA.
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Why did I enter the payout queue with only about .09 BTC balance? I've been mining constantly, so it's not the 7 day timeout.

This is actually a result of the yet only known unresolved issue with my payout queue setup that I've not had a chance to address yet, related to using transaction fees towards payouts.  I've responded to a few other posts related to this before.

You entered the payout queue normally when you reached 100 TBC, and you were in the list of payouts for the block.  But, you were the last one on the list and thus were not paid fully, and part of your balance remained unpaid at the pool.

I've been trying to come up with a way to address this that doesn't "waste" generated coins by sending them to the pool wallet.

Sorry about that.  I will put working a solution to this higher on my TODO.

-wk
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Why did I enter the payout queue with only about .09 BTC balance? I've been mining constantly, so it's not the 7 day timeout.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

Welcome back, Avalon? =D

Probably came from Slush's.  Seems they lost a heap of hashing power due to a few blips in the matrix.
legendary
Maybe I'm missing something but:
What is the policy about IP logging, i.e. how long after one mines there and then stops these logs get deleted ?
From http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/FAQ it doesn't say.
 Huh

All shares submitted are logged in a database, and the row contains the username, IP, submitted share data, and some other related columns (accepted, was a block, difficulty, etc).  This data, as of now, has never been deleted and is instead dumped, compressed, and archived periodically.

This database is also replicated to the open-access web server, but without the IP column, so only myself and/or Luke-Jr would have access to the IP data.
Although there is a policy to not disclose the information without due process of law (see FAQ for details).

Probably should have mentioned that, but, figured it was obvious. Wink

FAQ Here: http://eligius.st/~gateway/faq/i-represent-law-enforcement-and-we-are-investigating-crime
legendary
What is the policy about IP logging, i.e. how long after one mines there and then stops these logs get deleted ?
 Huh

All shares submitted are logged in a database, and the row contains the username, IP, submitted share data, and some other related columns (accepted, was a block, difficulty, etc).  This data, as of now, has never been deleted and is instead dumped, compressed, and archived periodically.

This database is also replicated to the open-access web server, but without the IP column, so only myself and/or Luke-Jr would have access to the IP data.
Although there is a policy to not disclose the information without due process of law (see FAQ for details).
legendary
 Huh

-wk
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
 Huh
Activity: 20
#1   1AYdAw8CcrQ2wx55LTbFHRn5bxgNZhaRLW   2,351.78 Gh/s   5913719   20.2971%

Welcome back, Avalon? =D
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
My stats have not been updating the last few hours. A couple of blocks have been found and no change. I see post like this and it almost always works  itself out so I'm not that worried about it but I thought I should point it out.

Just one of the new failsafes I implemented the other day being a little overzealous. No worries. I'll have everything straightened out when I get home in a couple of hours.

-wk
I knew you had it under control.Thanks for all the hard work...
legendary
My stats have not been updating the last few hours. A couple of blocks have been found and no change. I see post like this and it almost always works  itself out so I'm not that worried about it but I thought I should point it out.

Just one of the new failsafes I implemented the other day being a little overzealous. No worries. I'll have everything straightened out when I get home in a couple of hours.

-wk
Jump to: