Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 111. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Ok I've been paid now. Please forgive my impatience:(

Yeah, it's not instant, and if you came from any of the other Tier 1 pools, things you may have been accustomed to just are not here. (Email alerts, individual rig stats, instant cash out, etc.) But what you get over time is a nice fair payout. I've been here about 60+ days and it has been very stable and earnings have been spot on. Wizkid057 is very responsive and helpful. When the pool wins, we all win. If we are down on our luck, shares go on the shelf to be paid when we hit a good streak. It just takes time and patience. This payout method ensures the pool does not go bankrupt. I believe in the near future with more hashrate from ASICs coming online we'll see faster payouts as we'll be solving more blocks.

Believe it or not, I have everything you mentioned (highlighted in bold in your quote) in the works in some form or another.  I've even been beta testing a phone/SMS miner-is-down notification feature. Smiley

Thank you and everyone for the support. Smiley
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.

Yeah, it's not instant, and if you came from any of the other Tier 1 pools, things you may have been accustomed to just are not here. (Email alerts, individual rig stats, instant cash out, etc.) But what you get over time is a nice fair payout. I've been here about 60+ days and it has been very stable and earnings have been spot on. Wizkid057 is very responsive and helpful. When the pool wins, we all win. If we are down on our luck, shares go on the shelf to be paid when we hit a good streak. It just takes time and patience. This payout method ensures the pool does not go bankrupt. I believe in the near future with more hashrate from ASICs coming online we'll see faster payouts as we'll be solving more blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Are people only paid "all or nothing" based on queue position? I always assumed you paid based on the specific shares that were in or out of the queue. So when a block is found, every recent miner will get paid for all recent work. So I don't see how it's possible a steady miner can get no payout.

Maybe I misunderstand how you structure the queue though. My implementation was going to, for example, pay on a 10M difficulty block 1/10M coins to each of the most recent 10M shares. Work done over 10M shares ago is in the queue for the following block, etc.
legendary
I'm wondering when I'll be paid? I have just gone over the payment threshhold for the first time on this pool. We have since found a block, but the payment que has not changed.

Well...it all depends on the Payout Queue (right side of your personal stats page). When the Payout Queue is showing payout at next found block, then you'll just have to wait till that block is found...(technically you could be removed from the payout queue due to a lower relative contribution to
 the shares, but if you maintain a steady hashrate + pool-rate is steady, this is not likely)

2 blocks found since I entered que......still no payout Sad have maintained steady hashrate.......

Address?

1EcQfMnLsC85vi5sSSkVpFnNZNV7WjWsTD I'm number 18 in the que.....
legendary
I'm wondering when I'll be paid? I have just gone over the payment threshhold for the first time on this pool. We have since found a block, but the payment que has not changed.

Well...it all depends on the Payout Queue (right side of your personal stats page). When the Payout Queue is showing payout at next found block, then you'll just have to wait till that block is found...(technically you could be removed from the payout queue due to a lower relative contribution to
 the shares, but if you maintain a steady hashrate + pool-rate is steady, this is not likely)

2 blocks found since I entered que......still no payout Sad have maintained steady hashrate.......

Address?
Mining since May 2011.

Well...it all depends on the Payout Queue (right side of your personal stats page). When the Payout Queue is showing payout at next found block, then you'll just have to wait till that block is found...(technically you could be removed from the payout queue due to a lower relative contribution to the shares, but if you maintain a steady hashrate + pool-rate is steady, this is not likely)

Payment Queue FAQ:
http://eligius.st/~gateway/faq-page/faq-3
legendary

Well...it all depends on the Payout Queue (right side of your personal stats page). When the Payout Queue is showing payout at next found block, then you'll just have to wait till that block is found...(technically you could be removed from the payout queue due to a lower relative contribution to the shares, but if you maintain a steady hashrate + pool-rate is steady, this is not likely)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

legendary
legendary
Greetings Eligius Miners!

All seems smooth since I finished my patch to Eloipool to prevent a nasty memory leak/exploit/DoS (ugly patch here)

On a side note, in the #eligius IRC channel on Freenode I have organized a small BFL ASIC chip group buy.  There was some interest, so, we'll see if it can get off the ground quickly.  I'm not going to be doing anything related to the group buy on the forums, aside from this post about it and maybe some status posts.  Everything will be handled through IRC.  But, if you're interested its very reasonable.  Join us in #eligius on Freenode and check the topic for details.

-wk

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Hmm, is there a good write up of the payout system here then? I guess I don't understand it completely.

You can find out all details on the FAQ page

Whenever a block is found, the most recent 25 BTC (a CPPSRB round; one block reward/subsidy) worth of unpaid shares are paid.
Using the proportional concept of rounds, a long round results in the earlier shares being shoved into storage (shelved) rather than paid by the block, and a short round pays the entire round plus the most recent "storage" (shelved) shares found which were not already paid.

Compared to PPLNS, no share is ever paid twice, but old shares (that missed out on being rewarded due to poor luck in the past) have a chance to be paid when the pool is lucky.
Activity: 447
Hmm, is there a good write up of the payout system here then? I guess I don't understand it completely.
legendary
So  it's possible for this graph to go over 100% PPS then, correct? It just hasn't recently? Or am I misreading?

It never happened recently, but if it went over 100% PPS, in the special case of Eligius, the extra payout would be distributed to the miners in the previous payout system, who still have unpaid shares waiting for future rewards.

As far as I know, when this "debt" (not actually a debt because the pool does not owe it per se, but I use this word for the sake for simplicity) will be paid, the extra buffer will be added to the pool reserve, and could be used to compensate for future bad luck (this is speculative and wizkid and/or others could probably answer more accurately).
Activity: 447
is there a graph of eligius luck over time?

More or less, there is a CPPSRB variance graph on wizkid's stats home page.

So  it's possible for this graph to go over 100% PPS then, correct? It just hasn't recently? Or am I misreading?
legendary
It'd be best to always configure your miner with a fallover pool, regardless of the pool you use.

how can I do that in cgminer?
(From the README.txt)
Multiple pool, dedicated miner:

cgminer -o http://pool1:port -u pool1username -p pool1password -o http://pool2:port -u pool2usernmae -p pool2password -I 9

If you're using 2 different pools (vs 2 servers from the same pool), I believe it is best to use the --failover-only switch to avoid cgminer submitting shares from a stranger pool to the backup pool and the other way around, under certain circumstances.
Mining since May 2011.
It'd be best to always configure your miner with a fallover pool, regardless of the pool you use.

(From the README.txt)
Multiple pool, dedicated miner:

cgminer -o http://pool1:port -u pool1username -p pool1password -o http://pool2:port -u pool2usernmae -p pool2password -I 9
Activity: 326

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
can i "transfer" my current rewards than to it ?

Officially you can't change addresses, but maybe Luke-Jr or wizkid can do something about it. Not sure about this, however.

At any rate, you should start mining with your new address ASAP.

thank you , i will do it asap

legendary
can i "transfer" my current rewards than to it ?

Officially you can't change addresses, but maybe Luke-Jr or wizkid can do something about it. Not sure about this, however.

At any rate, you should start mining with your new address ASAP.
Jump to: