Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 110. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

You may have seen yourself in the payout queue during the beginning of a round when the system could potentially have had enough to pay some of your shelved shares and bump you into the payout queue.  Most likely that didnt actually happen and the round was slightly longer than it needed to be to get to your shelved shares.  Normal behavior.  You'll likely have to continue mining if you want a faster payout, or your payout will timeout where it is at generally within a week if none of your shelved shares are paid.

Thanks, I sort of figured that after I posted, thanks to WynX. Smiley  Eagerly awaiting my payout.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
[18:25:08] replication died for some reason
[18:25:11] stats will update shortly
I have a problem with my stats as well.  The 3 hour and 22.5 minute stats have not been updating all day.  Also, the graph remains unchanged.  The estimated totals are updating, however, so I am pretty sure shares are being counted as normal.

Replication of the database of shares to the webserver was stopped for some reason.  I restarted it and the stats will update shortly.

Since about 2 days ago there is something weird with my stats/payouts, they seem to be "stuck" during rounds, and even during the lucky phase of each round, my shelved shares stay on the shelf.

It seems other contibutors' stats are OK. Could you please check this address? Thanks!

Bump, problem still there... thanks

This is not an actual problem.  You are no longer mining here, and your older shelved shares are pushed behind the new shares from active miners during our past few unlucky rounds.  Since you are not mining, you no longer have any new shares in the top portion of the share log. So, this will make it take longer for the pool to dig down to the shares you do have in the share log, which are under the shares that are from active miners from the recent rounds which ere not yet fully paid.

Summary:  this is normal behavior.

I stopped mining bitcoins several weeks ago, and I swear I was supposed to get my payout about 2 weeks ago - I distinctly remember being about 20th in payout queue.  Now it's saying I've got another 0.02BTC left to join the queue?  Huh  I've not got anything to date.  Seems a very long time to get my BTC.  What's happening?

1Gy44xB4WL7jVepUPLJZJwdzjEz8BwpSKw

I see you started mining now again, so you'll be paid once you reach the 0.166xxx bitcoins. The payout queue is calculated by current 'As of last block' + 'estimated change'. Estimated change is depending on your current % of contributed shares for the block, so if you stop mining because you are in payout queue, if the block is hard to find, your % will drop significantly and therefore you might not be in the payout queue.
You can also enter payout queue due to inactivity, however, this is also depending on the latest payout of any shelved shares (CPPSRB).

You may have seen yourself in the payout queue during the beginning of a round when the system could potentially have had enough to pay some of your shelved shares and bump you into the payout queue.  Most likely that didnt actually happen and the round was slightly longer than it needed to be to get to your shelved shares.  Normal behavior.  You'll likely have to continue mining if you want a faster payout, or your payout will timeout where it is at generally within a week if none of your shelved shares are paid.

I just don't understand why more people don't use Eligius?

I dont either. Smiley

-wk
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
[18:25:08] replication died for some reason
[18:25:11] stats will update shortly
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I have a problem with my stats as well.  The 3 hour and 22.5 minute stats have not been updating all day.  Also, the graph remains unchanged.  The estimated totals are updating, however, so I am pretty sure shares are being counted as normal.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Since about 2 days ago there is something weird with my stats/payouts, they seem to be "stuck" during rounds, and even during the lucky phase of each round, my shelved shares stay on the shelf.

It seems other contibutors' stats are OK. Could you please check this address? Thanks!

Bump, problem still there... thanks
Yeah, I threw a 7850 at BTC mining again, to see if I could get this payout kicked in.  I guess my shares did drop when I stopped then.   Roll Eyes  Ah well, I'll get there eventually. Smiley
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I stopped mining bitcoins several weeks ago, and I swear I was supposed to get my payout about 2 weeks ago - I distinctly remember being about 20th in payout queue.  Now it's saying I've got another 0.02BTC left to join the queue?  Huh  I've not got anything to date.  Seems a very long time to get my BTC.  What's happening?

I see you started mining now again, so you'll be paid once you reach the 0.166xxx bitcoins. The payout queue is calculated by current 'As of last block' + 'estimated change'. Estimated change is depending on your current % of contributed shares for the block, so if you stop mining because you are in payout queue, if the block is hard to find, your % will drop significantly and therefore you might not be in the payout queue.
You can also enter payout queue due to inactivity, however, this is also depending on the latest payout of any shelved shares (CPPSRB).

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Having some seriously shit luck lately... I have over 5 BTC shelved.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
I just switched to Eligius and testing running if I get a better return I will be hashing away? I just don't understand why more people don't use Eligius?
because people like sticking to their old pools, even if it means paying fees.
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
I just switched to Eligius and testing running if I get a better return I will be hashing away? I just don't understand why more people don't use Eligius?
Does anyone know of a script or a way to alert myself when my workers go down?  Happened twice in the past two days for me due to a problem on my network but I'd like to get an e-mail when it happens, if possible.
Activity: 529
Ok I've been paid now. Please forgive my impatience:(

Yeah, it's not instant, and if you came from any of the other Tier 1 pools, things you may have been accustomed to just are not here. (Email alerts, individual rig stats, instant cash out, etc.) But what you get over time is a nice fair payout. I've been here about 60+ days and it has been very stable and earnings have been spot on. Wizkid057 is very responsive and helpful. When the pool wins, we all win. If we are down on our luck, shares go on the shelf to be paid when we hit a good streak. It just takes time and patience. This payout method ensures the pool does not go bankrupt. I believe in the near future with more hashrate from ASICs coming online we'll see faster payouts as we'll be solving more blocks.

Yeah, I've been here about that long too. Had some problems starting out, but people helped me a lot and Wzkid was very patient with me.

Looks like we did get very lucky this weekend indeed. My payout estimator was at needing 1 day and 17 hours on Friday, and it was at 3 hours this morning.

Hah !

Awesome stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
I have about .1928 in unpaid shares which should be enough to get in the payment queue, yes? 

For some reason, however, it says: 

Approximately -0.02504574 BTC remaining to enter payout queue. Maintaining your 3 hour hashrate average, this will take at least another a few seconds at current network difficulty of 19339258.27.

How do I mine a negative amount of coins Smiley

Usually just means the payout queue hasnt updated since you passed the threshold.... a minor cosmetic bug I have yet to fix.

You doing it all yourself mate? Doing a stellar job if I may say. Glad to see more people using the pool now. I think a lot of people spilled over from bitminter when they started to get DoSd.
legendary
I have about .1928 in unpaid shares which should be enough to get in the payment queue, yes? 

Approximately -0.02504574 BTC remaining to enter payout queue. Maintaining your 3 hour hashrate average, this will take at least another a few seconds at current network difficulty of 19339258.27.

Usually just means the payout queue hasnt updated since you passed the threshold.... a minor cosmetic bug I have yet to fix.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
I'm wondering when I'll be paid? I have just gone over the payment threshhold for the first time on this pool. We have since found a block, but the payment que has not changed.

Well...it all depends on the Payout Queue (right side of your personal stats page). When the Payout Queue is showing payout at next found block, then you'll just have to wait till that block is found...(technically you could be removed from the payout queue due to a lower relative contribution to the shares, but if you maintain a steady hashrate + pool-rate is steady, this is not likely)

2 blocks found since I entered que......still no payout Sad have maintained steady hashrate.......
I'm wondering when I'll be paid? I have just gone over the payment threshhold for the first time on this pool. We have since found a block, but the payment que has not changed.

Well...it all depends on the Payout Queue (right side of your personal stats page). When the Payout Queue is showing payout at next found block, then you'll just have to wait till that block is found...(technically you could be removed from the payout queue due to a lower relative contribution to the shares, but if you maintain a steady hashrate + pool-rate is steady, this is not likely)

I think there may be some ambiguity in the term "next block", as on the stats with regard to the payout queue it refers to the next block the pool finds, not necessarily the next block in the chain on the bitcoin network.  I think I will update that specific text to reflect this.

-wk

No they were blocks found by eligius. We got very lucky yesterday! A whole load come off the shelf Smiley

Thanks for the response, I am enjoying eligius a great deal. The CPPSRS system is an excellent notion Smiley
legendary

2 blocks found since I entered que......still no payout Sad have maintained steady hashrate.......

I think there may be some ambiguity in the term "next block", as on the stats with regard to the payout queue it refers to the next block the pool finds, not necessarily the next block in the chain on the bitcoin network.  I think I will update that specific text to reflect this.

-wk
Jump to: