Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 113. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Pool ran into some issues with being out of memory this morning.  Working on managing the load as everyone tries to reconnect.

-wk
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
It seems to be up....but, i'm getting errors I've never seen before. I'm using the recommended bfgminer setup.

Like, "pool is issuing work for an old block ....."  WTF is this?

Tremendous amounts of "requested work updates"...dunno what this is, but it's much more than normal...normally blocks accepted are uninterrupted.

Then I saw my gpu line say "WAIT", never seen that before.

Not sure if they're under DDoS attack or whatever, but it aint good.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
It'd be best to always configure your miner with a fallover pool, regardless of the pool you use.
Activity: 326
Pool is down... argh.... switching to guild. Sad 

does this happen often?

I have only been on Eligius about 2 weeks and this is the first time it's happened for me.  Others may be able to tell you better. 

I am glad I caught it though, as my blades didn't switch to my backup pool :/ 

Too bad I can't switch today..
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

does this happen often?

I have only been on Eligius about 2 weeks and this is the first time it's happened for me.  Others may be able to tell you better. 

I am glad I caught it though, as my blades didn't switch to my backup pool :/ 
Activity: 326

does this happen often?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Edit:  Just noticed the pool hash rate is under 400Gh/s too.  I think it's normally ~4,000.  
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Ok. I want to use eligius, but I keeeeeep getting problems. The stratum url never worked for me, my diablo miner (running on mac pro) never connected. The getwork url worked on and off, but recently (until a few hours ago) was the one I used. Now that one can't connect, and the remaining one (gbt) seems to fail to connect a lot. (I'm in the UK btw)

Any advice?

Getwork was always ok, but for about 7 hours I haven't been able to connect.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O YourAddress           <----- this was working for me as of a day ago, does not work now....weird.

Something is seriously messed up, because none of my miners will connect....

here the same, does not work anymore...
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
I have no idea what's going on, but I cannot connect with the pool at all.

I'm using the setup reccommended by the pool, and it just won't connect.

Internet is up, I can mine at my backup pool just fine..

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O YourAddress           <----- this was working for me as of a day ago, does not work now....weird.

cg miner setup does not work either, just a flash of command line screen on the screen, and nothing. Used to work also...

Something is seriously messed up, because none of my miners will connect....

Well, it figures. Just as I was about to get a payout...lolz...
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
How can i get a manual payout? I am mining from a small computer and just reaching the minimum amount takes 2 weeks and i only need a tiny amount more to afford 2 avalon mining chips.

Address?
My address is 16jYgW3cC7zzZm4qjpPd94zK8JMF1hxmj1.

done.
Thanks. That means allot to me.
legendary
How can i get a manual payout? I am mining from a small computer and just reaching the minimum amount takes 2 weeks and i only need a tiny amount more to afford 2 avalon mining chips.

Address?

done.

Address?
legendary

Address?
legendary
Have you considered what happens to variable difficulty when multiple miners are using the same IP and the same payment address. For example one public IP is used for three miners behind a router and firewall but they have varying hash rates (180, 90, 70000) requiring difficulty 1, 1, and 64, respectively? This appears to be a problem even when using the new addresses for getwork for the first two and stratum for the third - where the slow miners usually end up getting difficulty set far too high and the fast miner occasionally has difficulty set too low. The same appeared to happen more than one miner used the new stratum address.

If you're mining on the same username, then no difficulty set by the pool is "too high" for sure.  It can be too low for the sum of the connection through IF a) miners come from different IPs, or b) miners are using different protocols.  If you have all of your miners on the same IP and username and protocol, the pool should properly assign difficulty.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
haha yeah the mining works I was using the wrong port rofl
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Website seems down, miners working fine.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
Am I crazy? Or were we at >9999% round luck for a while there.... How..?  What?
Activity: 77
Wynx, where do you live. I live in the US and I can't access the eligius site and I can't mine from eligius either.

Ah Europe Smiley
Jump to: