Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 116. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Is it possible to track multiple workers on Eligius, or will all your miners be shown as a single entity?

You can't track individual workers currently, only global hashrate and income per address. I would recommend setting up a client-side monitoring system, for example cgminer can be monitored remotely, I guess it's the same for BFGMiner.

How's the stability?

Pretty good, mining servers are very stable.

The CPPSRB system is the fairest IMO for those who aren't willing to gamble with variance. Of course there are pure PPS pool, but they either have much higher fees (the big one with PPS at 3% fee has a reputation of a fraction of your accepted shares vanishing here and there, and although I have no proof, I have come to that conclusion myself many times, after comparing counters).

With CPPSRB, if the pool is unlucky for a while, you are paid less (like DGM, PPLNS, prop etc.), but it's only a question of how long it will take before your shelved shares are paid in full. If the pool gets lucky several days afterwards, and you either switched to another pool or stopped mining for some reason, your shelved shares are paid anyway. With other systems, they wouldn't.

Eligius is paid only with transaction fees and donations, which is good in the short term I think, I mean at least as long as tx fees are less than 5% of the block reward.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
Is it possible to track multiple workers on Eligius, or will all your miners be shown as a single entity?

How's the stability?
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Getting 504 Gateway Time-out on http://eligius.st right now Sad

Is the support phone number more like an emergency line should the mining servers (stratum/gw/gbt) go down, or are we supposed to call for website issues as well? Thanks!

PS: the pool is still accepting shares, it's just the website that seems down.

eligius.st down for me no response when pinging.  pinging mining.eligus.st works and seems to be accepting shares.

Is the support phone number more like an emergency line should the mining servers (stratum/gw/gbt) go down, or are we supposed to call for website issues as well? Thanks!

Working on the web server at the moment!  Should be back up soon.  Pool is working and tracking shares as normal.  Nothing lost!

Sorry for not posting here earlier.  I just kid of assume most people are idling around on IRC. Wink

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

eligius.st down for me no response when pinging.  pinging mining.eligus.st works and seems to be accepting shares.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1028
dzyk.ru
 Kiss Kiss Kiss i love this pool/ good profit for me! thanks creators! will donations
vom
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
FYI looks like the site on ipv6 is busted:

Code:
vom@ice:~$ host eligius.st
eligius.st has address 23.21.225.111
eligius.st has IPv6 address 2001:470:c:c34:ec2::2
eligius.st mail is handled by 0 zinan.dashjr.org.

vom@ice:~$ curl -4 -I eligius.st
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Server: nginx/0.8.54
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 22:16:20 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Connection: keep-alive
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.3-7+squeeze15
Vary: Accept-Encoding

vom@ice:~$ curl -6 -I eligius.st
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

My ipv6 is fine for everything else (Google, Youtube, Facebook, etc).
Activity: 434
They should remove the {} from the example. Smiley
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
Hi guys. I like ideas around Aligius but It comes that i have to mine few days in "blind mode" meaning that there are no any stats so I can't deside how good this mining for me (. Are there any plans to extend stats tools?

I had this same "problem" when I started out. Stats should update within 10-15 minutes.

Just put your address in your header, and make sure you delete the stupid {} brackets. Remember, NO brackets. Otherwise, you'll just mine anonymously, and you won't get credit for it.

Here is an example of my one line in my .bat file in BFG miner (I finally got it to work). Stats showed up almost immediately, 5 mins tops.

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O bitcoinaddressgoeshere

The website says this:

Stratum URI: bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O {YourAddress}

but do NOT use the brackets, otherwise you will mine and it will NOT show up in the stats (I know this from personal experience)

Hope this helps somebody.

legendary
dzyk.ru
Hi guys. I like ideas around Aligius but It comes that i have to mine few days in "blind mode" meaning that there are no any stats so I can't deside how good this mining for me (. Are there any plans to extend stats tools?
Aligius? what's this?
set
Activity: 13
legendary
dzyk.ru
legendary
dzyk.ru
and me too/// shares accepted from me
Looks like the web site is down.  Mining unaffected?
I didn't end up using CPPSRB in my pool, but something I was planning to do was a visual graph to illustrate how it works and show people where their shares are at. Something like a bar graph, 25 bars (one per coin in the next payout) and show their shares in each of those 1 coin brackets. This way you can easily see how "old" or "recent" your shares are, how close some/most/all are to dropping out of the most recent 25, etc. Or could just do a line graph, plot the sum of your score vs depth in the queue so it'd be smooth instead of bars.

Figured I'd toss the suggestion your way since I won't be doing anything with it myself. Smiley
What sucks it I was in the payment queue and, even though I was still mining, somehow I fell out of it.  It's like I take one step forward and two steps back.  

Your older shares were moving onto the shelf but your new shares were still fresh and ready for payment. It's not an "all or nothing" situation as I understand CPPSRB, it's handled per-share.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I'm trying out this pool and still don't have a good grasp of shelved shares and CPPSRB despite reading the FAQ.  I realize that the shelved shares are those that have not received funds from a block yet.  How long will it take for my shelved shares to get paid out if we find like 3 or 4 blocks today... all other things being equal?  I have about .3 coins shelved.  I just saw this post and it looks like some shares going back to November were not paid out until February.  Could I conceivably have to wait 3 months to receive these?  I understand runs of bad luck happen.  I am just looking for a typical ballpark figure here... am I looking at hours/days of waiting or months?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1501533

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but if I'm not, I don't think CPPSRB is for me.
Depends on luck. With most other reward systems (DGM, proportional, PPLNS), you'd never see the shelved shares amount unless you happened to also be mining when the pool was lucky.
i'm only mining at 2.0 gh/s, but usually i have a bit in shelved shares. every few days when we hit a good bit of luck it all gets reduced to zero though. awhile back when we had those monster long blocks i had some shelved shares for maybe a week, but as soon as we hit some lucky blocks it was cleared out pretty damn quick.

cool.  I am going to mine at another pool for a while and see how long it takes to clear these out.  I got a little spooked by that thread though.  What sucks it I was in the payment queue and, even though I was still mining, somehow I fell out of it.  It's like I take one step forward and two steps back.  

EDIT:  rereading the faq, it looks like I have at least a 7 day wait since I will not enter the payment queue for 7 days unless I continue mining.  Ah well... I will keep an eye on things.
Activity: 12
i'm only mining at 2.0 gh/s, but usually i have a bit in shelved shares. every few days when we hit a good bit of luck it all gets reduced to zero though. awhile back when we had those monster long blocks i had some shelved shares for maybe a week, but as soon as we hit some lucky blocks it was cleared out pretty damn quick.
I'm trying out this pool and still don't have a good grasp of shelved shares and CPPSRB despite reading the FAQ.  I realize that the shelved shares are those that have not received funds from a block yet.  How long will it take for my shelved shares to get paid out if we find like 3 or 4 blocks today... all other things being equal?  I have about .3 coins shelved.  I just saw this post and it looks like some shares going back to November were not paid out until February.  Could I conceivably have to wait 3 months to receive these?  I understand runs of bad luck happen.  I am just looking for a typical ballpark figure here... am I looking at hours/days of waiting or months?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1501533

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but if I'm not, I don't think CPPSRB is for me.
Jump to: