Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 118. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 267
Learn to go against your mind
The Dark Lord is here omg. Hope not only for 2-3h....
Activity: 344
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!
5 TH?
Who's the new hashpower=
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Thank you everyone for your support! Smiley

So, this morning sometime the CPPSRB daemon exited when one of my fail-safe checks was hit, specifically paying one miner a substantial portion of the reward.  I probably should have removed this check a while back after i verified that it could never be an issue, but, I never got around to it.  better safe than sorry I guess.

Anyway, caused balances and pool-wide hashrate not to update until I woke up this morning.  I quickly reset the daemon after ACKing the fail-safe was actually OK, and all was rebuilt from where it left off within about 15 minutes.

I will be setting up some more things to notify me in the future of such happenings more quickly. (yes, I have woken up at 3AM for other broken pool alarms... lol)

So, all is well now!
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
I rave ... whats your excuse?!?
Well, thanks a bunch.

I guess between my nOObness with the {} brackets, and the contact page not working, and the stats not updating right, things got pretty confusing.

Thanks a lot for working on the issues. I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh.

I appreciate it.

Eligius is definitely one of the top five pools around as far as support and maintenance. I truly hope you stick with it as yes...you just had a string of horrid luck that could easily turn any noob away from bitcoin mining entirely. I've been mining for almost one full year now at different pools and Eligius has had my hashing power lately as it is top pool atm in my opinion. Good luck on your future endeavors! Cheesy
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
Well, thanks a bunch.

I guess between my nOObness with the {} brackets, and the contact page not working, and the stats not updating right, things got pretty confusing.

Thanks a lot for working on the issues. I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh.

I appreciate it.
Is there any problems with the rewards? My rewards stay same last 12h and there was soved some blocks...

edit: wow that was fast. all is ok now Smiley

hehe...they had been down for quite some time actually but looks like it got taken care of this morning. Speaking of which...THANK YOU Wiz! Cheesy
Activity: 267
Learn to go against your mind
Is there any problems with the rewards? My rewards stay same last 12h and there was soved some blocks...

edit: wow that was fast. all is ok now Smiley
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
So if you would check the logs for tonight, and tell me if it's recording it, I would appreciate it.

Your stats page (http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/16az7UBGMVVKjPQ8NECZKp5mhW1Y5LPen9) is showing some activity from you in the last little while. So, yes, it was working at some point.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Is the stats page not updating again like the other day or is my browser just messing up...?

Nah, it isn't you, looks like there may be something wrong again. My balances haven't updated in a while.
Is the stats page not updating again like the other day or is my browser just messing up...?
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
Ok.

I think it was my fault? (maybe), because I'm a total nOOb...well, that fact is for sure... Grin

I had my cgminer mining address in between {brackets}.

I just removed the brackets, and I think that makes it valid now?Huh I have no stinking clue.

The instructions had brackets in there, so I just assumed I had to keep my address in between the stinking brackets.

I can't tell the difference just looking at cg miner, if the pool is recording it or not..

I have no clue. Anyway, I sent you my IP addy, and I mined a little tonight using it. So if you would check the logs for tonight, and tell me if it's recording it, I would appreciate it.

Like I said, if it's my fault, I'll be the first one to admit it.

@ScaryHash
I might suggest a few things for you as you say you're just starting out:

1. Look into adding a "backup" pool in your cgminer configuration as all pools have issues at some point as nothing is static when running a pool. Details can be found in the cgminer readme. (it is as simple as adding another -o -u -p to your parameters passed to cgminer) This way you will not loose "work" should there be pool issues, even if it's only for a few minutes, it's better to have that work get counted somewhere.

2. When you setup a pool if you don't see your stats increasing within 10 minutes, check your config. Something should show up within that time frame.

3. Hang out on IRC Chat (Freenode), you can learn a lot in real time watching the various channels. (#bitcoin-mining, #cgminer, #eligius, etc)

Welcome to mining Bitcoin.  Grin
Ok.

I think it was my fault? (maybe), because I'm a total nOOb...well, that fact is for sure... Grin

I had my cgminer mining address in between {brackets}.

I just removed the brackets, and I think that makes it valid now?Huh I have no stinking clue.

The instructions had brackets in there, so I just assumed I had to keep my address in between the stinking brackets.

I can't tell the difference just looking at cg miner, if the pool is recording it or not..

I have no clue. Anyway, I sent you my IP addy, and I mined a little tonight using it. So if you would check the logs for tonight, and tell me if it's recording it, I would appreciate it.

Like I said, if it's my fault, I'll be the first one to admit it.

Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
@wizkid057

Thank you for your hard work in keeping this pool online and running well. I have been mining here for over a month and it has been highly available. The stats were a challenge a week or so ago, but you resolved those issues in a timely manner. Being a Pool Op, like most IT work, happens behind the scenes, dedicating tons of hours seen by few. Your work is appreciated by many, even if they don't all say it.  Cool
I did not mean to come off as bad mouthing you wk.

I will send you a pm.

Enjoy your weekend.

legendary
Who is the monster with over 2500 GH/s and why did you leave? Did anyone notice that our hash rate had doubled for several hours because of one miner?

No idea.  One of the things about Eligius, even I don't know who the miners are. Zero registration.  I am curious myself, though.
legendary
I ended up jumping online on my laptop and checking the pool server database for share submissions, valid or invalid, from that username, 16az7UBGMVVKjPQ8NECZKp5mhW1Y5LPen9:

eligius=> select * from shares where username='16az7UBGMVVKjPQ8NECZKp5mhW1Y5LPen9';
(0 rows)

eligius=>

Which means either the pool software just decided to not store submissions from that particular address (sarcasm), or there were none submitted, which would be an obvious reason for the lack of stats.

But again, ScaryHash, if you provide the IP you were mining from, I can look up by that and see what there is, assuming the pool accepted any shares from you at all.

-wk
Activity: 476
Who is the monster with over 2500 GH/s and why did you leave? Did anyone notice that our hash rate had doubled for several hours because of one miner?
legendary
I am definitely mining with a valid user name, like the instructions said, my payout address.

I'm not trolling. I used the contact form on the webpage. This one:  http://www.eligius.st/~gateway/contact

Your webpage for contacts is either broken, your update system is broken, and your payout system needs work. I put in my info including my payout address, into the information I submitted via your form.

Here is the address I used:  16az7UBGMVVKjPQ8NECZKp5mhW1Y5LPen9

If I did something wrong, I am more than willing to admit it. It would be nice if other people did the same, since I know I'm not perfect.  Grin From what I can see, my cgminer works just fine, and apparently is working just fine, for another pool.

Id does not look like Eligius is very interested in anybody unless they have Gigahashes of hashing power, so apparently little new guys are not welcome there.

Again, really dissapointing. I thought it was a nice community, until now.

ScaryHash

First, let me just point out that I immediately responded to your forum post, while in a vehicle on my way to my short weekend vacation.  I maintain this pool and provide support on my own time, and frankly it does take quite a bit of effort.  So, I don't appreciate it when someone just publicly slanders the pool, which I work my ass off to maintain and keep online for our miners on my own time, without ever actually making contact with me or anyone else who would be more than willing to help figure out the issue (there is almost always someone in our IRC channel willing to help).  So, I take personal offense from your comments.

Next, when anyone *does* contact me for help with something like you describe, 99.9% of the time it is a client side issue.  The pool has thousands of unique miners consisting of 10s of thousands of connections to the pool.  The pool has a respectable amount of hash power.  Don't you think that if the pool were something people needed to "beware" of that there would be quite a few people here posting complaints and such?  Since there isn't, I would hope common sense would point out that there is no widespread pool issue causing people to not get paid, not have stats, etc.  Notice that many posts, even the one directly above your first, are praise (thank you).

As for Eligius not being interested in anyone unless they have a ton of hashpower, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  Do you see our contributor list? We have people that barely mine 1 share every 3 hours mining here.  And I work to make sure EVERYONE is able to connect to the pool and get their fair share, regardless of hashrate.  We have miners ranging from 5Th/sec down to 300Kh/sec.  So that comment is utter nonsense and I once again take offense.

All of that said, I'm still happy to help you with your problem and figure out why the pool does not have your stats listed.

I'm not able to access the pool internals at the moment, as I'm still on the road, but I will check.  Please contact me directly via email (my username @gmail) or forum message with your IP you used for mining, and I will see where your shares, if any, ended up on the pool end.

Excuse my irritation, but, Eligius is the most open pool in existence at the moment.  When someone tries to bad mouth my hard work, its hard not to take offense.

-wk

Edit: Also, I will look into the contact form.  That was only added days ago and may have an issue I'm not aware of.
Jump to: