Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 122. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
100% shelved shares?? what gives?

You obviously stopped mining (hopped) at least 10M pool shares ago then.

Part of what makes CPPSRB hop proof.

I stopped mining because I needed to move my new rig to it's final location and had some problems with other issues and could not get back to it. However that being said, As soon as I reached .001 I started going backwards. Perhaps I do not understand CPPSRB and pool mining well enough yet, but over 7000 accepted and all of my shares go into shelf mode? This I do not understand at all, care to enlighten us noobs?
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

You obviously stopped mining (hopped) at least 10M pool shares ago then.

Part of what makes CPPSRB hop proof.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
legendary
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Activity: 42
I once again had a failure in which bfgminer was complaining that it was getting "unknown user" responses from the pool. I switched back to stratum because it never seems to get wedged in that state. I don't know what causes that to happen, but it sure is annoying.
legendary
This is definitely the longest round we've had in a while, and the most shares we've ever had for a round. Coming up on the most unlucky round ever for Eligius-Ra.

Angry
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
From Wiki on St. Eligius:
Besides Eligius' self-mortification, Dado recalled his propensity for weeping, "For he had the great grace of tears."
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1185
notorious shrimp!
legendary
So I haven't mined on Eligius in over a week, and my stats show that the address has entered the payout queue. However, I cannot access the payout queue to see where I am at.

About how long after entering queue will I get paid out? It's been about 2 days since I entered ...

You get paid when we find a block, and we haven't found one in a pretty long time (over 2 days).  Seems to be a very unlucky round. Sad

Activity: 629
Merit: 252
Has it really been 52+ hours without hitting a block?

Sheesh!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
So I haven't mined on Eligius in over a week, and my stats show that the address has entered the payout queue. However, I cannot access the payout queue to see where I am at.

About how long after entering queue will I get paid out? It's been about 2 days since I entered ...
I meant that I was getting that error directly from bfgminer, not from the stats page. It appeared to get stuck in some state that continually generated that error until I restarted bfgminer, at which point it was fine. This happened several times over the course of the last week or so, sometimes to both of my mining machines and sometimes to just one. I'm running bfgminer 3.0.2 from the Ubuntu PPA. I haven't seen the problem since the pool was declared healthy, though, so I'm not worried about it for now.
legendary
I had the same problem with "user not found" errors. I found that when I killed and restarted bfgminer that they'd go away, too, but often that left me with several hours where I wasn't actually mining because of this weird user not found error. I hope this isn't going to become an ongoing issue.

The user not found issue has nothing to do with if youre mining or not. Its a stats issue. You dont lose shares and restarting bfgminer wont have a real effect.

I will be resolving the issue in any case soon.
I had the same problem with "user not found" errors. I found that when I killed and restarted bfgminer that they'd go away, too, but often that left me with several hours where I wasn't actually mining because of this weird user not found error. I hope this isn't going to become an ongoing issue.
Activity: 301
Merit: 100
hi wizkid057,

I started a new mining. but I'm username 1NsURpbguzhnpmYiUeeQqxVGyr6jCJRB9R not found in database.

Tia
Activity: 27
Two questions for Luke Jr and WizKid...
1. Now that the fire is under control and server is happy, Any chance of having you add a 'local time' clock on the Stats page, So I could easily correlate the graphs (which I love!) to my time zone?
2. I have an Android App "Miner Status" by David Greene that I'd like to set to monitor my mining account on your pool. While it has an option for Eligius, it doesn't appear to work right now, so I ask if anything has changed with the new server that could have broken that functionality?  Huh
Tia
Thank you for the update and the work, wizkid057.  Everything looks normal again from my chair.
-Sheep

Ditto!  Cheesy
Tia
Update with pool: everything was breaking everywhere, so I rushed to get the new server working.
New server Postgres is screwed up, so I set it up logging shares to a textfile for now.
Payouts and stats are down as a result, but hopefully it won't take long to recover from this mess.

Three day's no Payouts and Stats.........

OK! *clears throat*

... Greetings Eligius Miners!

Its been a rough past few days.  Here's what's happened:

• Eligius's server was having some serious problems which appeared to be related to connectivity (bandwidth starved)
  • Server was also having software issues related to memory and the virtualization software used to partition the pool and the web server.
  • I was able to get a new, higher spec'd server online at a new data center several days before these issues became damaging, and I was unavailable when all hell broke lose with the original server to finish a clean setup.
  • In my brief absence, Luke-Jr got in and quickly got the new server up and accepting connections and logged all shares to a well-formatted file.
  • This broke stats (since the mining wasnt even on the same server!) and payouts (same issue) until I was able to migrate these key pieces of software and related data.
  • I got accepted shares into the database as normal, and parsed the file that was made and added those to the database, then caught up the CPPSRB reward system.
  • Coinbase payouts resumed shortly, and a manual payout was sent to catch up all payments missed while the reward system was offline.  All payments are current up to the time of this post.
  • Stats were offline mainly because of the huge size of the databases involved with the migration. They are now back online.

Just about everything should be back up and running.  I will note that IPv6 connectivity is presently not available, but I will be working on that shortly.

I will be looking at all options in the coming days to make sure that Eligius remains stable and stats remain available.

On a side note, a generous miner has volunteered time and effort for a full redesign of the Eligius homepage, which should be online any day now!

Summary: Pool is online.  Stats are online.  No accepted shares we lost.  Payout queue is clear.

Thank you all for you patience!

-wk
Three Cheers to Luke Jr and WizKid!!! Thanks for your effort! So happy to be back mining, and yes, I saw a payout for time hashing with the new server. Eligius still is a very fair pool.
Jump to: