Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 179. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
Anyone have a working 0.5.0 release for OSX ? Can't get mine to compile Sad Can't seem to find miniupnpc/* even though I've copied it into the source tree. Dunno whats up with that.
If you can undefine USE_UPNP, it doesn't need miniupnp at all. Not sure how you'd do that on Mac, but on *nix it's: make USE_UPNP= bitcoind
If you manage to get binaries built, I'm sure other Mac users would appreciate it if you could share it Smiley

I dont mean to be a pain Luke, but I see other pools are already paying out NMC, do you think you could give us a rough estimate as to when we might see NMC payouts start?
So far, there's a lot more registrations than originally anticipated based on the poll... and presumably more to come as Windows/Mac/MtGox miners register. I could split it proportionally fairly easily, I expect, but I'd like to try to meet the full PPS (even though many of the valid-on-Bitcoin shares were probably stale on Namecoin) if possible-- but to do that, payouts need to wait until we're sure everyone interested has registered, or else there might not be enough to give them their fair share. That's why I set the maximum time limit of a week on registration.

I've just finished adding a patched Bitcoin-Qt with message signing functionality to the registration page, including a Windows binary. Hopefully this will take care of the Windows users. Working with MagicalTux to get a signmessage function added to MtGox for those users. Mac users will probably have to fend for themselves, as I have no idea at all how I'd do a Mac build. :/

interesting,

Never realized you had people mining directly into MTGOX, but then again I never really mined much here until recently. Some how your pool has managed to stay small enough to stay under the DDOS radar yet big enough to mine blocks effectively, and thats what led me here. I do like your interface as well very slick coding.

Well I will hang out and mine with ya brother. Never had any Namecoins before, very interested to get some.

thanks.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Okay, I'm trying to figure out how to sign the NMC thing, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to put the libraries of your patched .5 rc1
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Anyone have a working 0.5.0 release for OSX ? Can't get mine to compile Sad Can't seem to find miniupnpc/* even though I've copied it into the source tree. Dunno whats up with that.
If you can undefine USE_UPNP, it doesn't need miniupnp at all. Not sure how you'd do that on Mac, but on *nix it's: make USE_UPNP= bitcoind
If you manage to get binaries built, I'm sure other Mac users would appreciate it if you could share it Smiley

I dont mean to be a pain Luke, but I see other pools are already paying out NMC, do you think you could give us a rough estimate as to when we might see NMC payouts start?
So far, there's a lot more registrations than originally anticipated based on the poll... and presumably more to come as Windows/Mac/MtGox miners register. I could split it proportionally fairly easily, I expect, but I'd like to try to meet the full PPS (even though many of the valid-on-Bitcoin shares were probably stale on Namecoin) if possible-- but to do that, payouts need to wait until we're sure everyone interested has registered, or else there might not be enough to give them their fair share. That's why I set the maximum time limit of a week on registration.

I've just finished adding a patched Bitcoin-Qt with message signing functionality to the registration page, including a Windows binary. Hopefully this will take care of the Windows users. Working with MagicalTux to get a signmessage function added to MtGox for those users. Mac users will probably have to fend for themselves, as I have no idea at all how I'd do a Mac build. :/

thanks!
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Having difficulty with this nmc registration process Sad
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
how are you cutting and pasting the signature? directly from command prompt into eligius? or are you putting it into a notepad type program first?

just make sure no matter what its only one line when you copy / paste it

I had the same program and I suspect a CR was getting stuck in there when it started on the next line

that worked. Thank you.
does it matter that i get a different signature everytime i run this?
how are you cutting and pasting the signature? directly from command prompt into eligius? or are you putting it into a notepad type program first?

just make sure no matter what its only one line when you copy / paste it

I had the same program and I suspect a CR was getting stuck in there when it started on the next line

can anybody advise how to sign this message?

I have 0.5 running. wallet.dat is correct for address of signature.  I get a different signature every time i run the command. every signature is malformed when signing the message at eligius.

i have no idea how this works! Huh
alright thanks, it will be interesting when we can actually see how many namecoins we are mining, thanks!
malformed signature error, adinfinitum!
legendary
luke-jr: whats  send threshold for namecoins?
legendary
Managed to get a cross-compiled static EXE for Windows users; it's linked from the 2nd page of the registration (ie, when you need to use it).
Thanks for putting it up, and thanks to whoever compiled it as well.
I did that, too... in case you wanted to donate for it Wink

will this force me to convert the wallet with my current pool btc address to bitcoin client v0.5rc?
The wallet format only changed between 0.3.x and 0.4.x; 0.5.x does not change it. Either way, backup your old wallet-- I take no responsibility if it gets corrupted through some weird bug.
so whats the send threshold for namecoins?
nevermind I figured it out, I was pasting it into and out of getdiz which was adding something to it,

thanks anyways
eligius keeps giving me a malformed signature error message, any ideas?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
will this force me to convert the wallet with my current pool btc address to bitcoin client v0.5rc?

You can leave your existing bitcoin client alone.  Copy the wallet.dat to another machine with bitcoin client 0.5, do the signature, then destroy the copy of the wallet.dat.

Or if you don't have a separate machine/VM, then just backup your current bitcoin data directory and bitcoin installation and restore it after you finish messing with bitcoin 0.5.

thanx. should have thought of that  Roll Eyes

using local data directory ( -datadir=data ) and copied blockchain already...

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

You can leave your existing bitcoin client alone.  Copy the wallet.dat to another machine with bitcoin client 0.5, do the signature, then destroy the copy of the wallet.dat.

Or if you don't have a separate machine/VM, then just backup your current bitcoin data directory and bitcoin installation and restore it after you finish messing with bitcoin 0.5.
Jump to: