Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 181. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I'll see about finding someone who can make a Windows binary... :/
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Can someone compile it for windows please ?
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Version 0.5?
The latest version is 0.4.0
You can get 0.5.0 rc1 from https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/tags

0.4.0 does not support the signmessage RPC

Commandline is required for namecoin in general, not just mining them.
source code! arrgh!

can just about manage the cli for my namecoins
legendary
Version 0.5?
You can get 0.5.0 rc1 from https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/tags

0.4.0 does not support the signmessage RPC

Commandline is required for namecoin in general, not just mining them.
trying to get my signature in bitcoind i get [error: couldnt connect to server]

i dont use bitcoind so this is a bit confusing!
scrap that. got it working.

now have problem [method not found]
which i know from using namecoind that this is to do with a bad instruction.

and i am also using version 0.4 as 0.5 has not been released.

Activity: 675
Merit: 514
Version 0.5?
Edit: Fixed

trying to get my signature in bitcoind i get [error: couldnt connect to server]

i dont use bitcoind so this is a bit confusing!

legendary
Where do i find my signature?
You generate it with bitcoind 0.5 using the command it tells you.
Activity: 737
Merit: 500

On the page that asks for your signature, it tells you what bitcoind command to run to get it.
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
legendary
Click here to register your account for receiving namecoins!

Namecoins that would otherwise be allotted to unregistered accounts will be distributed between miners who are interested in getting namecoins, and myself (as compensation for the time I put into our stable merged mining implementation). Please note that Namecoins are only available for namecoin users, and cannot simply be "cashed out" directly (I can't stop you from selling them, but you will need a namecoin client to do so).

Miners have at most 1 week to complete the process, after which I will consider them "non-interested".
legendary
Based on the usual math, the share value for Namecoin comes out to be 0.00053170 NMC per share. However, since I am not expending resources longpolling for namecoin, it has a higher stale rate than Bitcoin (or maybe just because of poor luck), and we have only made 90% of the expected earnings. If we did SMPPS for Namecoin, that puts us at 0.00047853 NMC per share right now. Until the rewrite (with full Namecoin accounting) is complete, I'd have to manually calculate and process rewards and payouts of Namecoins. Therefore, whether early-merged-mining is handled as SMPPS or not may depend largely on the miners' interest in actually getting them. I have setup a poll to determine interest. If you want Namecoins (or even if it doesn't), please vote!
epg
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Possibilities I see:
  • Send to the Bitcoin key on the Namecoin network (ie, key export/import) on demand
  • Require miner that can send a long username
  • Provide a web interface for account options (including Namecoin rewards and changing minimum payout)
I like the lattemost the best Wink

Option 2 would keep things simple and registration-free, but if that doesn't work, Option 3 (think that's what Slush went with) is next best  Grin
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
How about just sell the namecoins for us and pay everyone per share in BTC.  No need for accounts or logins.
Not everyone doesn't want NMC either Tongue

Well they could always take that extra BTC and just buy some NMC from the exchanges but I see your point.
legendary
How about just sell the namecoins for us and pay everyone per share in BTC.  No need for accounts or logins.
Not everyone doesn't want NMC either Tongue
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Activity: 40
Ok, how about BTC+NMC address receives NMC payment for work submitted with original BTC address linked to new BTC+NMC address during establishment of merged mining.  Make a cut of date to stop back payments and you would keep the rest or whatever plan you have for them.  Not everyone is going to want namecoins.  I think a system has to be implemented rather quickly because when the next diff drops you will have more problem NMChilds to deal with.
legendary
I would still like to see option two.  It keeps in tradition with having minimal interfacing with the website.  Just point your miners and mine, no accounts, log-ins, etc...
True... Maybe usernames can be "BTC+NMC" or "BTC+" (to use the same key; export/import). But either way, we need another solution for the already mined NMC.
Activity: 40
Possibilities I see:
  • Send to the Bitcoin key on the Namecoin network (ie, key export/import) on demand
  • Provide a web interface for account options (including Namecoin rewards and changing minimum payout)
[/quote]

I would still like to see option two.  It keeps in tradition with having minimal interfacing with the website.  Just point your miners and mine, no accounts, log-ins, etc...
legendary
Got it, thanks.  So is it going to be easier to have someone use a miner that supports sending an extremely long HTTP auth field or exporting and importing keys if they really want namecoins?
Possibly one or the other, but not likely both...

Possibilities I see:
Jump to: