Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 180. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
Your being an OS racist by making us give a bitcoin signed message to add a namecoin address ! How many windows users have the neccesary compilers and libraries to compile their own binary?
How many Windows users have namecoin? At the time, it was my understanding (from the Namecoin docs) that only Linux was supported.

Since the password field is not being used why not have the namecoin wallet address input as that?
That might be an option when the rewrite is done with an automated infrastructure, but wouldn't help for past work/shares, and not viable for doing payouts by hand. Also, there'd be no way for miners to confirm their software is submitting it properly (many cut off username+password too short for two addresses)

will this force me to convert the wallet with my current pool btc address to bitcoin client v0.5rc?

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Managed to get a cross-compiled static EXE for Windows users; it's linked from the 2nd page of the registration (ie, when you need to use it).

Thanks!  I was registered NMC address, but how I can see that it using or will be using ?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
Managed to get a cross-compiled static EXE for Windows users; it's linked from the 2nd page of the registration (ie, when you need to use it).

Awesome!

Thanks for putting it up, and thanks to whoever compiled it as well.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
never mind, thanks flower Smiley
anyone have the bitcoin 0.50 linux binary? Please PM me
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
I am on windows and collecting namecoin. would love to have this implemented on this pool. as not found another decent size pool using smpps and offering merged mining yet.
gotcha, Smiley

personally I have a ubuntu partition and its no big deal for me to compile this, I was talking more in general about windows users.

and yes there is namecoin wallet for windows, is command line only just like linux.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
Your being an OS racist by making us give a bitcoin signed message to add a namecoin address ! How many windows users have the neccesary compilers and libraries to compile their own binary?
How many Windows users have namecoin? At the time, it was my understanding (from the Namecoin docs) that only Linux was supported.

Windows has been supported for months, http://dot-bit.org/Main_Page listed under downlaods.  It is CLI though and not a GUI but still a windows program.
legendary

Since the password field is not being used why not have the namecoin wallet address input as that?
That might be an option when the rewrite is done with an automated infrastructure, but wouldn't help for past work/shares, and not viable for doing payouts by hand. Also, there'd be no way for miners to confirm their software is submitting it properly (many cut off username+password too short for two addresses)
legendary
Activity: 1428
i do like the way luke-jr does this.. it'll promote the overlooked signing feature...
and its really VERY VERY easy to fire up an ubuntu vm and to compile 0.5 (i described it a few post above)
Luke-Jr:

-o http://mining.eligius.st:8337 -u BITCOIN.ADDRESS -p NAMECOIN.ADDRESS

Huh?

Cheesy
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Perhaps, but many users don't care about nor want NMC... what then? Tongue

Like me.

I prefer money, instead of restaurant tickets.
legendary
Waiting for bitcoind 0.5 for Windows ... Roll Eyes

i guess its easier to fire up a ubuntu vm, copy your wallet and sign it in there.

ubuntu build works flawlessly
where is the ubuntu build available from?

come on... the doc/build-unix.txt is VERY EASY to understand.
its mainly a copy and paste....

read the above file, do ALL mentioned apt-get commands.
goto src
USE_UPNP= make -f makefile.unix
-> finished

remember to copy your wallet.dat to ~/.bitcoin
after that start the daemon: ./bitcoind

after that you are able to use the signmessage command.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101

i guess its easier to fire up a ubuntu vm, copy your wallet and sign it in there.

where is the ubuntu build available from?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real

Me too.... just spent forever trying to get it to work and not realizing I wasn't on 0.5 because it's late and I'm tired.
legendary

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
legendary
i tried to build bitcoin in linux (mint in vm) and it looks like libdb4.8++-dev is only available in squeeze and it depends on  libdb4.8-30-2 and mint has  libdb4.8-30-9 and lots of stuff depend on it. Going to try to download squeeze vm image tomorrow ...
If you're still using bdb 4.7, you want to build it with that...
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
i tried to build bitcoin in linux (mint in vm) and it looks like libdb4.8++-dev is only available in squeeze and it depends on  libdb4.8-30-2 and mint has  libdb4.8-30-9 and lots of stuff depend on it. Going to try to download squeeze vm image tomorrow ...
Jump to: