Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 183. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
New BETA mine-at-your-own-risk PoolServerJ on port 8999. I plan to restart this pretty often while it's testing, so be sure you have failover to the pushpool!

It uses the same share databases and bitcoind as pushpool, so it's still Eligius-Su.

Mining with DiabloMiner on PSJ, no invalid share in 3 hours!
What were your results with the older version? What ping do you have to the pool?

I remember the result is worse than 5% invalid shares, maybe about 8%, with the older version.

--- mining.eligius.st ping statistics ---
32 packets transmitted, 31 received, 3% packet loss, time 30999ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 442.706/452.326/470.573/8.810 ms
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
New BETA mine-at-your-own-risk PoolServerJ on port 8999. I plan to restart this pretty often while it's testing, so be sure you have failover to the pushpool!

It uses the same share databases and bitcoind as pushpool, so it's still Eligius-Su.
legendary
DiabloMiner users please read this post on the Eligius forum.

Run the new DiabloMiner with Eligius for 3 hours,

From DiabloMiner:
mhash: 87.9/87.2 | accept: 223 | reject: 12

From Artefact2's graph:
3 hour average15 minute average
Hashrate85.10 MH/s62.04 MH/s
Submitted valid shares21413
Submitted 'stale' shares92
Submitted 'unknown work' shares30
Total submitted invalid shares12 (5.31 %)2 (13.33 %)

Setup: Radeon HD 6570 + Ubuntu Natty 11.04 + Catalyst 11.9 + AMD APP SDK 2.5
DiabloMiner commit: ec9e6640dbc83711b10a78881c6db1bd08debaf1
DiabloMiner options: -v 2 -w 128 -f 15

What were your results with the older version? What ping do you have to the pool?

Run the new DiabloMiner with Eligius for 3 hours,

From DiabloMiner:
mhash: 87.9/87.2 | accept: 223 | reject: 12

From Artefact2's graph:
3 hour average15 minute average
Hashrate85.10 MH/s62.04 MH/s
Submitted valid shares21413
Submitted 'stale' shares92
Submitted 'unknown work' shares30
Total submitted invalid shares12 (5.31 %)2 (13.33 %)

Setup: Radeon HD 6570 + Ubuntu Natty 11.04 + Catalyst 11.9 + AMD APP SDK 2.5
DiabloMiner commit: ec9e6640dbc83711b10a78881c6db1bd08debaf1
DiabloMiner options: -v 2 -w 128 -f 15
legendary
legendary
This (or any redirection of "stolen" funds) is legally questionable.
But keeping it, or redirecting it back to the thief is ok?
I'm not redirecting it to myself, no.
A pool can make its own rules, no contract is signed between the pool and the miners (or bot net), I dont see the problem. A pool could donate my share to a charity, if I dont like that, I can only switch pools.
... or if you have a botnet, you can DDoS the pool for making rules you don't like, which we already have enough of without asking for more. Sad
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

But keeping it, or redirecting it back to the thief is ok?
A pool can make its own rules, no contract is signed between the pool and the miners (or bot net), I dont see the problem. A pool could donate my share to a charity, if I dont like that, I can only switch pools.
legendary
Im curious what you are doing about the botnet?
Nothing I can do.
Anyone think it would be a good idea to keep it mining, but send the payouts to some charity?
Activity: 518
Im curious what you are doing about the botnet?
Just blacklisting wont do much, whoever is running it will direct its bots to another pool (assuming those machines are rooted too). Anyone think it would be a good idea to keep it mining, but send the payouts to some charity?
legendary
More DDoS havoc this morning. For future incident reports, please check our forum.
legendary
Ports 80 and 8332 are back.
legendary
New DDoS threat apparently. Ports 80 and 8332 are temporarily down until I have more time to get a better workaround for it.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
hi,

do you have any plans for merged mining?

if you want to discuss it i opened a thread a here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/thoughts-and-questions-on-btc-pools-and-merged-mining-44546
legendary
Requesting that the following wallet address be investigated for suspicious activity:
It's already a confirmed botnet. See my reply here.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I'm cross-posting this for a newbie.  Requesting that the following wallet address be investigated for suspicious activity:

I get on process explorer, once in a while, even after I kill it, almost 100% CPU time by an iexplore.exe process. Process explorer identifies it (fully) as ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\bin\iexplore.exe" -a 1 -o http://mining.eligius.st:80 -u 1JLE6hkA8QbD64G8ZknbH6HT9orWQ7dKB3 -p pass"

I will not pretend I know what bitcoin is exactly. I just learned a brief about it 10 minutes ago. I have never used or tried to use bitcoin before finding out this process.

Please help to identify what is going on or at least remove it from re-running itself. Apparently my antiviruses don't find it.
legendary
has there been issues with the pool? been getting a lot of stales, unknown work, unkown user stales the past 24 hours. 2.17% Stales... ewww!
Someone apparently decided to exploit a bug in bitcoind to crash our hub node multiple times over the past few days, resulting in watchdogs restarting the pool while I wasn't there to look into it myself. I tracked down and fixed the bug, and it seems to be stable since, but there seems to still be another attack vector being used. I am looking into this one as well, and hope to have it solved ASAP. I recommend joining IRC for the latest updates on these DoS attacks.
Activity: 566
has there been issues with the pool? been getting a lot of stales, unknown work, unkown user stales the past 24 hours. 2.17% Stales... ewww!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Anyone else get an "Unknown Address!" page when trying to check their stats? My address is gone from the payout queue page too.
BTW, is this still a problem? Can you PM me your address/link?
Not any more, do you still want the link?
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
ha, thanks, I think I thought the old ones would move =)

By far my favorite pool, keep up the good work.

Jump to: