Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 187. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 675
Merit: 514
No, tonal uses different glyphs for digits (ie, it doesn't recycle letters), and comes complete with units of measure, time, etc. As I write this, it is 7 Kolumbian 16 at about .T. My keyboard's space key is .8 metertons long.
Am I the only one seeing squares here?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Eligius is clearly listed as having a 0.2 TBC minimum transaction fee, as published elsewhere.
Need some clarifications again after further reading. Does this mean that for a normal transaction of say 10 BTC but has no transaction fee since the client doesn't force it, eligius will relay it but will not include it for processing in a block?
This is more or less correct.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Eligius is clearly listed as having a 0.2 TBC minimum transaction fee, as published elsewhere.

Need some clarifications again after further reading. Does this mean that for a normal transaction of say 10 BTC but has no transaction fee since the client doesn't force it, eligius will relay it but will not include it for processing in a block?
people messing up thinking they were looking at 90 (ninety) in his notes but was actually a kohu (one hundred)
90 (ko ton) is neither ninety nor one hundred. It is one hundred sixty (160) in decimal.
Ko ton hu (9) is one hundred seventy-one (171).
"Kohu" is nonsense.

LOL I tripped myself up because I was got stuck in decimal mode in between 9 (converting this to decimal 10) and 0 (forgetting this is now 16) Cheesy
legendary
people messing up thinking they were looking at 90 (ninety) in his notes but was actually a kohu (one hundred)
90 (ko ton) is neither ninety nor one hundred. It is one hundred sixty (160) in decimal.
Ko ton hu (9) is one hundred seventy-one (171).
"Kohu" is nonsense.
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
That's cool, way better than the current 0.005 Smiley

FYI, the current requirement enforced by the satoshi client (aka the official client) is 0.0005, not 0.005.  And the official client only requires 0.0001 to relay "spam" transactions.  Free transactions that don't trigger the spam detection rules are still and always have been permitted with no transaction fees (you just can't send create 0 fee transactions with the official client).
The purpose of TBC (and the Tonal system in general) is to simplify numbers. It does require relearning for those who have been raised with decimal, of course, so it cannot be exclusive yet. Wink
I do not get Tonal at all. Is it just hexadecimal?

I just realized this question was off-topic, but I'm posting anyway!

No it's not, it's worse Cheesy
Instead of inserting his new numerals after the normal sequence, the engineer who proposed this snuck one in between 8 and 9, he must had been laughing at the prospects of people messing up thinking they were looking at 90 (ninety) in his notes but was actually a kohu (one hundred)
legendary
The purpose of TBC (and the Tonal system in general) is to simplify numbers. It does require relearning for those who have been raised with decimal, of course, so it cannot be exclusive yet. Wink
No, tonal uses different glyphs for digits (ie, it doesn't recycle letters), and comes complete with units of measure, time, etc. As I write this, it is 7 Kolumbian 16 at about .T. My keyboard's space key is .8 metertons long.
Activity: 634
Merit: 500

I just realized this question was off-topic, but I'm posting anyway!
Thanks for that link, the one I found earlier didn't have such a long list... although the first thing that came to mind when I saw that was "Bitcoin needs less confusing denominations!"

It sounds almost like a recipe for disaster and fraud though Cheesy

"How on earth did the costs go up by 100x?!"
"It didn't, the quotation we gave you were in Tonal Bitcoins, see that little thingy in front of TBC...?"
legendary
Thanks for that link, the one I found earlier didn't have such a long list... although the first thing that came to mind when I saw that was "Bitcoin needs less confusing denominations!"

0.2 TBC is equivalent to 0.00004096 BTC

That's cool, way better than the current 0.005 Smiley

I'll transfer my main miner to eligius just to support this Smiley
legendary
"Free transaction relay policy" is in reference to the network which relays transactions without prejudice against low/no fee or non-standard transactions. Eligius is clearly listed as having a 0.2 TBC minimum transaction fee, as published elsewhere.

Ok, so this means the no-fee transactions will get relayed but in order to be processed in a block, there must be a 0.2 Tera Bitcoin transaction fee? That amount is huge so I must be misunderstanding what you mean by "TBC", could you clarify that? Thanks!
Link: Helpful summary of all Bitcoin units

0.2 TBC is equivalent to 0.00004096 BTC
"Free transaction relay policy" is in reference to the network which relays transactions without prejudice against low/no fee or non-standard transactions. Eligius is clearly listed as having a 0.2 TBC minimum transaction fee, as published elsewhere.

Ok, so this means the no-fee transactions will get relayed but in order to be processed in a block, there must be a 0.2 Tera Bitcoin transaction fee? That amount is huge so I must be misunderstanding what you mean by "TBC", could you clarify that? Thanks!

legendary
In the previous Eligius thread (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=6667.0), linked in the bitcoin wiki (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools), there is a struck out comment about a transaction fee of "0.00004096 BTC per 512 bytes", but this is still in the wiki.

At the same time, I also read from some other threads that Luke has a transaction-free node to accept transaction and there is this https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Free_transaction_relay_policy which lists eligius as the only transaction-fee free pool.

Since there is some conflicting information, can Luke please confirm if that eligius will accept zero fee custom transaction even for small amounts like 0.0001 BTC?
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
I'm pretty sure the "free" in the policy should be read as "not restricted to standard rules", rather than "free from transaction fees".
In the previous Eligius thread (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=6667.0), linked in the bitcoin wiki (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools), there is a struck out comment about a transaction fee of "0.00004096 BTC per 512 bytes", but this is still in the wiki.

At the same time, I also read from some other threads that Luke has a transaction-free node to accept transaction and there is this https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Free_transaction_relay_policy which lists eligius as the only transaction-fee free pool.

Since there is some conflicting information, can Luke please confirm if that eligius will accept zero fee custom transaction even for small amounts like 0.0001 BTC?
legendary
Please document any feature requests and required core (ie, not web-specific) features, including features we already have at: http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Internal_requirements

If you wish to get involved with the software development side of the rewrite, contact me privately on IRC.
Jump to: